Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's are your struggles, fears, and hopes?

I know your time is valuable, so I'll get to the point. I need your advice!! I'm considering writing a book about being morbidly obese and the struggles related to it and also how losing weight has improved my quality of life. For reference, I've lost over 250 pounds myself. I really want to make sure I don't leave anything out. So, will you let me know your biggest struggle and, after your surgery, what are you looking forward to enjoying? It can be anything... even if you think it's silly. Thanks everyone!

My biggest struggle is stay on task, I have been trying to receive my RnY surgery since August 2015. I have been postponed and lied to and now when,it has been getting on the verge of a definate date it is hard,inside to really believe it finally going to happen
I am going to enjoy having my,bypass work for me, to reach the point where people let me on their good furniture because I am no longer a breakage risk. To be known by MY name instead of the Old Red-headed Fat Broad. And although I have mattered a lot , to have me aknowleged as valuable,istead,of people ignoring,me always. I guee, like many I just want to be acknowledged. that I belong in the real world, I am no longer invisible b to everyone.

I’ve been a single mom ( sole custody no other parent) since I was 4 months pregnant. My son now 19 months has an auto-immune illness. I work 10 hour days and am in my Masters program. So finding time to workout eat right and all of my doctors appointments on top of my sons weekly ones has been challenging to say the very least but hopefully worth it. I don’t have my exact surgery date yet but December is the target. I want to go to cedar point again, buy a bathing suit (which I haven’t done in almost a decade). Wear shorts instead of pants when it’s 100 degrees out bc I don’t like the way I look. Sit comfortably on a plane. But most important of all be around to watch my son grow up.