Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your fat, Protein and carb goals? I’ve had to go back to soft foods and liquids (AGAIN). I’ve been using Baritastic, but I just invested in the premium My Fitness Pal app. So many questions! I’m only 45 days out from surgery, but thanks to my issues, I’ve been losing pretty slowly. So I’m looking for some help in setting up the best goals for the losing stage. I know at least 64oz of fluids and my NUT suggested 70-90g protein once I can finally get food to stay down.
I’ve heard of a diet that’s 1,200 calories that seems to really be working for some folks?
I’m just trying to figure this stuff out so I can start losing again ASAP. Any info on macros and other stuff would be greatly appreciated as well. This wasn’t covered by my NUT at all and I feel completely lost at sea right now.
Thank you to all of you for your continued help and support! I don’t know what I would have done without y’all

Reach out to your bariatric team first for clarity, they may have ALL the answers you are looking for.

The plans vary so greatly you may end up with more questions and no answers that will help YOU

Currently I'm at:

60+ Protein ,>80 carbs, ~45 fats

I for example am very carbon sensitive so I tried to focus solely on protein earlier on but I also don't tolerate meat for long periods so I have to rotate food groups, then I said to my team I just want to be a vegetarian again and they said OK. I was expecting great resistance. My new rules are similar to old ones but I work with the NUT to make sure in not stunting my progress either.

Edited by Tealael

On 06/25/2018 at 00:49, Tealael said:

Reach out to your bariatric team first for clarity, they may have ALL the answers you are looking for.

The plans vary so greatly you may end up with more questions and no answers that will help YOU

Currently I'm at:

60+ Protein ,>80 carbs, ~45 fats

I for example am very carbon sensitive so I tried to focus solely on Protein earlier on but I also don't tolerate meat for long periods so I have to rotate food groups, then I said to my team I just want to be a vegetarian again and they said OK. I was expecting great resistance. My new rules are similar to old ones but I work with the NUT to make sure in not stunting my progress either.

Unfortunately my teams NUT left the practice and there is no replacement as of now. They had a temporary NUT for 2 months, but she NEVER responds to emails or phone calls. She was covering the practice for the pre-op meetings, but she actually works somewhere else. So she doesn’t have much time to devote to my practice. That’s why I’ve come here for advice.
I’ll be seeking out a new private NUT, but that will take some time and my life is insanely full right now. I’m moving the first week of next month, I just bought the business I’ve been managing for the past 2 and 1/2 years and I’m working on selling my house. Of course my health is important to me (especially now that I’ve had this major surgery) but I just have so much s*it going on at one time. Add to that the fact that my practice lost their NUT, and it’s going to take some time to find a new one. Especially since my insurance kind be kind of buttholes when it comes to covering anything out of the norm.
Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to clarify why I’m asking all you guys. If I had a NUT to go to, I definitely would, but unfortunately that option isn’t available to me at the moment.
I know every plan is different (and some can be WAY different) but I’d like to get some basics from other sleevers so I can get balanced out until I can get a new NUT.
Thank you for sharing your plan with me!

Oh! Here are some stats:
I’m female, 34 years old.
HW: 311
SW: 256 (5/10/18 VSG)
CW: 222
Height: 5’6”
Inches lost since surgery: 49
Weight lost since I started my WL journey 01/10/17: 89 lbs
Any other questions that could help you answer my questions, please just ask.

That is unfortunate , sorry so many obstacles are in your path. If I was in your place I would keep it bare bones because you've got enough going on.

Go right back to basics, advance slowly through the stages

Minimum of 60g Protein, 64 oz Water, minimum of 30 minutes between eating and drinking, drinking and eating

Avoid all added sugars and minimalize the consumption simple carbs (less than 50g daily)

Strive to always eat Proteins first then vegetables

Hydration is crucial to weight loss

Fiber is crucial to weight loss

Vitamins are crucial to your lifestyle

Track and stay accountable

(pulled these tips from a handouts from support group, the topic was battling regain)

Safe journey

PS bug the temp NUT anyway. You are important too and the squeaky wheel gets the oil...

Edited by Tealael

On 06/25/2018 at 01:23, Tealael said:

That is unfortunate , sorry so many obstacles are in your path. If I was in your place I would keep it bare bones because you've got enough going on.

Go right back to basics, advance slowly through the stages

Minimum of 60g Protein, 64 oz Water, minimum of 30 minutes between eating and drinking, drinking and eating

Avoid all added sugars and minimalize the consumption simple carbs (less than 50g daily)

Strive to always eat Proteins first then vegetables

Hydration is crucial to weight loss

Fiber is crucial to weight loss

Vitamins are crucial to your lifestyle

Track and stay accountable

(pulled these tips from a handouts from support group, the topic was battling regain)

Safe journey

PS bug the temp NUT anyway. You are important too and the squeaky wheel gets the oil...

I’m popping back to soft foods and liquids for the next 2 weeks because when I eat meat, I vomit it right back up. I’m not opposed to becoming a vegetarian, and at this point it seems very appealing.
I’m going to try black Beans and cottage cheese again tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
Do you mind if I ask when your surgery was and how successful you have been? I don’t mean to pry and you definitely don’t have to answer if you’d prefer not to. I’m getting the Water in now no problem but the Protein is killing me and I’m basically failing there. Tomorrow I’m going to look for some smoothie recipes. I have the Unjury powder (it says unflavored but I can definitely taste and smell it so I’ll probably be heading to GNC tomorrow to pick up a flavored one.)
I hadn’t really thought about the added sugars surprisingly. I think that will be very difficult since it seems like there’s some form of added sugar in everything these days.
I’ve bought some benefiber single serving packets but I’ve been using stool softeners at the moment because thing have been really backed up. Sorry for the TMI. And my Celebrate chewies don’t stay down so I’m taking the flintstones Vitamins for the moment. I know that’s not good, but my surgeon told me that’s better than nothing and I could stay on them for the first two months.
Do you track you micros and macros? Or are you mainly concerned with the protein, carbs, Fluid and fat?
And you can bet I’m going to keep trying to get in touch with the temp NUT. If I have to, I’ll march myself right down to the office in the hopes that she’ll be there!

19 minutes ago, moondoggie1983 said:

I’m popping back to soft foods and liquids for the next 2 weeks because when I eat meat, I vomit it right back up. I’m not opposed to becoming a vegetarian, and at this point it seems very appealing.
I’m going to try black Beans and cottage cheese again tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
Do you mind if I ask when your surgery was and how successful you have been? I don’t mean to pry and you definitely don’t have to answer if you’d prefer not to. I’m getting the Water in now no problem but the Protein is killing me and I’m basically failing there. Tomorrow I’m going to look for some smoothie recipes. I have the Unjury powder (it says unflavored but I can definitely taste and smell it so I’ll probably be heading to GNC tomorrow to pick up a flavored one.)
I hadn’t really thought about the added sugars surprisingly. I think that will be very difficult since it seems like there’s some form of added sugar in everything these days.
I’ve bought some benefiber single serving packets but I’ve been using stool softeners at the moment because thing have been really backed up. Sorry for the TMI. And my Celebrate chewies don’t stay down so I’m taking the flintstones Vitamins for the moment. I know that’s not good, but my surgeon told me that’s better than nothing and I could stay on them for the first two months.
Do you track you micros and macros? Or are you mainly concerned with the Protein, carbs, Fluid and fat?
And you can bet I’m going to keep trying to get in touch with the temp NUT. If I have to, I’ll march myself right down to the office in the hopes that she’ll be there!

I went with pink, red, white Beans earlier on simply because they were softer. I (my sleeve) still prefers them now.

I'm 7.5 months post op

I was around 250 at consultation, 238 surgery day, currently 170

Hidden sugars are everywhere so carefully read food labels (f-ing yogurt)

I could only stomach the Protein Shakes in coffee (premier caramel) or tea (premier peaches and cream ) THE BEST HACK EVER

I use myfitnesspal which accounts for all macros if you load it properly. Takes the guess work out of everything for me and I can generate a report for my NUT

I'm still trying to find the ideal brand of Vitamins too after I spilled an entire new jar of gummies while cleaning. I'm trying Walmart's organic vegetarian Multi Vitamins next.

8 hours ago, moondoggie1983 said:

Unfortunately my teams NUT left the practice and there is no replacement as of now. They had a temporary NUT for 2 months, but she NEVER responds to emails or phone calls. She was covering the practice for the pre-op meetings, but she actually works somewhere else. So she doesn’t have much time to devote to my practice. That’s why I’ve come here for advice.
I’ll be seeking out a new private NUT, but that will take some time and my life is insanely full right now. I’m moving the first week of next month, I just bought the business I’ve been managing for the past 2 and 1/2 years and I’m working on selling my house. Of course my health is important to me (especially now that I’ve had this major surgery) but I just have so much s*it going on at one time. Add to that the fact that my practice lost their NUT, and it’s going to take some time to find a new one. Especially since my insurance kind be kind of buttholes when it comes to covering anything out of the norm.
Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to clarify why I’m asking all you guys. If I had a NUT to go to, I definitely would, but unfortunately that option isn’t available to me at the moment.
I know every plan is different (and some can be WAY different) but I’d like to get some basics from other sleevers so I can get balanced out until I can get a new NUT.
Thank you for sharing your plan with me!

Man, do you think you could anything else to your plate??? You're Wonder Woman!

The poster who usually talks about 1000-1200 calorie diets is @Creekimp13 You might try reaching out to her. There are probably others, but she's the one who comes to mind.

I'm still on Soups and yogurts, but have a hard time getting to 1000 calories, including at least one shake or Protein Water a day. I'm looking forward to being able to get all my protein (my requirement if >75g) from normal foods, but that's going to be a while yet. Good luck with all your challenges!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons