Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day theee and not doing well. I have cried for regular food. Depression wished I wouldn’t have done this. Everything tastes awful to me. Not getting much Protein because I can’t stomach the tastes of things

thank you for listening

3 minutes ago, eme said:

I am on day theee and not doing well. I have cried for regular food. Depression wished I wouldn’t have done this. Everything tastes awful to me. Not getting much Protein because I can’t stomach the tastes of things

thank you for listening

Focus on Water and hydration, cry as much as you need to, try to get some Protein in, be kind to yourself, improvements come in time

1 hour ago, eme said:

thank you for listening

Major surgery sucks the life out of you. Ok, there are a few people who sail through it, but plenty of others have a really rough, exhausting time. Just be kind to yourself, work on getting your fluids, and rest a lot. Hope you feel better soon, it does get easier, I promise!

I am on day four and I feel the same way. Good to know I not alone. I thought I was prepared for this but I clearly was not. I am struggling with getting Water and Protein in. I can't see how I can make 2-3 weeks of nothing but shakes and liquid.

I agree this is so hard I tried sugar free popsicles and they taste terrible. The shakes taste bad to me as well. I just can’t believe this is our life for three weeks. How is your pain ? Glad someone else feels the same way.

Eme several other posters have said savory things and broths set better with them, try some Bone Broth or even Soup with the vegetable or noodles strained out. That you might like more, okay?

06/23/2018 07:04 PM, eme said:

THank you for the ideals. I having my husband go to store now.

Walmart has an excellent bone broth. It’s delicious and almost creamy. Def thicker and more savory than regular broth. They have chicken, beef, or veggie. The veggie is my favorite.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Right now, tasty food is not important. Rest, and getting those sips of Water, are. Put some unsweetened Protein Powder into water (I used raw milk because I love it) or something not sweet. Try sipping warm Bone Broth. Fluids, a bit of Protein, rest. I promise you one day you will enjoy food again but this is your MOMENT TO RESET YOUR EATING. Eating got us into trouble. Now you are starting anew with a new stomach and you get a reset. If you do this right, you won’t be craving sweets any more and you will spend the next year just losing weight and getting into shape.

sweet foods used to be our friends but we have new friends now. Rest and get ready. It’s going to be a good year for you, but you’re recovering from major surgery so go easy on yourself. I couldn’t get enough water or protein in at first. It gets better. Distract yourself with shows and books and walk your hallway and sip your water.

Im almost one year from surgery and I promise you won’t have any regrets. It gets easier and life gets a lot nicer. And you’re on your way.

Think of Protein Shakes like they’re medicine. Obviously use the one that tastes least disgusting to you, but the point is to get Protein in you and the shake is the best vehicle right now.

This phase is frustrating but not forever. You will be able to eat real food again, but there are very good don’t-injure-yourself reasons why you can’t right now.

Crystal Lite was a really useful thing for me post-op (still is, 4 months later) and so was Jello (chewy). You’ll be okay.

It gets better. Sorry you're having a rough time. Hang in there!

This too shall pass! Really. But I second what sideeye says... the Protein is medicine. It doesn’t need to taste good. You just need to choke it down and move on! You’ve got this!