Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on May 10th and I only lost 14 pounds since surgery, and my weight has fluctuate between 13-14 pounds loss. I've been on solids since a week post op and I've been eating mainly veggies, meat, and Protein supplement. Also my Water intake is about 64oz. I've been going to the gym and have a trainer who designed me a workout plan based on my vsg procedure. Has anyone else been having trouble with the weight loss? Any advise will help. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Bypass patient here; I lost 13 pounds in the first three weeks, then I stalled for eleven days. I was already walking long (5+ miles) distances and getting enough Protein, Water, and the correct range of calories. Day 12 it began moving down and is still headed that way...until the next stall. I didn't change anything, it just began going again. Your body is just adjusting to its situation and it will kick up again.

Bypass patient here; I lost 13 pounds in the first three weeks, then I stalled for eleven days. I was already walking long (5+ miles) distances and getting enough Protein, Water, and the correct range of calories. Day 12 it began moving down and is still headed that way...until the next stall. I didn't change anything, it just began going again. Your body is just adjusting to its situation and it will kick up again.

Thank you so much I thought I had to get back on the liquid diet lol.

I am asking myself the same questions too Lisha. I have stalled at 271 for about 9 days now 17 days post op. Seems everyone goes through various seasons of stalling and sounds like you are really making good strides with exercising and your eating. I have not been doing good maintaining calorie intake or drinking Water so I only have myself to blame. As people keep telling me in this forum, this is a marathon race, not a sprint. We have to work through this process

I am asking myself the same questions too Lisha. I have stalled at 271 for about 9 days now 17 days post op. Seems everyone goes through various seasons of stalling and sounds like you are really making good strides with exercising and your eating. I have not been doing good maintaining calorie intake or drinking Water so I only have myself to blame. As people keep telling me in this forum, this is a marathon race, not a sprint. We have to work through this process
Oh no. I'm sorry that you're going through the same thing. Thank you for reminding me that it takes time.

I’m kinda the same. First two weeks big losses. Third week nothing. Halfway through the fourth week with nothing to loss to report. Hoping next week will get things moving again!

The stall thing happens over and over. I've lost track of how many times I've stalled since my surgery last September. I'm currently stalled at 212 pounds. With each stall I've tried to up my physical activity and eventually the stall broke.

Don't worry, you'll come out of it. I stalled at the dreaded 3 week stall, then again a few weeks ago for probably at least a week, got back on the scale this past Monday (last Monday) and I have lost 5 in a week. I was so frustrated i couldn't stand it! Everyone here says you go down, then can stall then even go up then start losing again. And you're better than me because i am NOT exercising nearly at all. I've lost 45 since 4/2 10 pre-op the rest post op after 4/17. Transitioning to solids sometimes stalls you too, more waste- more poop, lol! I had to do a stool softener when I started solids.