Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very frustrated right now. I have only lost 23 lbs and this was done in the first 3 weeks. From there I haven’t lost anything. I have been at the same weight for 5 weeks.

I don’t know where I am going wrong. I am eating the required foods as suggested. Only thing is I buy my food from restaurants or out the frozen section. I am logging all my food and counting my calories and carbs.

I can’t quite understand why I am experiencing this. I strongly feel that my sleeve isn’t working and will not work. I work out and walk daily but nothing is helping. My next step is starving myself at this point.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated..

3 minutes ago, Beri said:

I am very frustrated right now. I have only lost 23 lbs and this was done in the first 3 weeks. From there I haven’t lost anything. I have been at the same weight for 5 weeks.

I don’t know where I am going wrong. I am eating the required foods as suggested. Only thing is I buy my food from restaurants or out the frozen section. I am logging all my food and counting my calories and carbs.

I can’t quite understand why I am experiencing this. I strongly feel that my sleeve isn’t working and will not work. I work out and walk daily but nothing is helping. My next step is starving myself at this point.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated..

If you are buying food from restaurants and eating lots of frozen foods you may be eating more calories than you think. It’s very difficult to count calories from restaurants. It’s dependent upon who makes it. If you aren’t making it and measuring it then you really don’t know exactly what you are eating calorie wise.

My advice is start cooking at home and cut down on packaged and processed food if those are your go to food items.

I agree ... restaurant food is very hard to calculate.

Can you cook? That way it would be easier to get an accurate count.

At this point to have not lost weight in 5 weeks you have to be consuming the same or more calories than you are burning.

Agree with the other posters, can you make your own meals? Also what kind of meals are you eating? Not all calories are equal in quality. What about water/liquid intake? Are you over 64oz of liquids a day ? How are your bowel movements?

Have you reached out to your surgical team ?

Thanks for the replies and advice. I am eating low carb meals like Breakfast bowls rotisserie chicken, baked chicken, vegetables, and I eat very small quantities and which I am tracking in my fit pal. I usually over calculate to ensure I’m not underestimating. Even with over calculating I am hitting 8-900 daily and no more than 40 carbs.

I don’t understand where I am going wrong but I am starting to try to make my own meals to see if anything changes.

as for Water intake I am right at the 64 oz sometimes I am a bit shy by bottle

lastly my bowels are not good either once weekly sometimes not even I have started a stool softener to help increase.

i just truely hope that this procedure is not a failure

What are your Protein grams?

And definitely use stool softeners, or Miralax, or anything that helps in that department.

There will be stalls, I was in one for over 3 months. Hang in there.

Make sure you’re eating low carb veggies . Restaurant food may have a ton of salt, so increase you’re Water intake. And like everyone se said. Eat fresher foods & cook st home

This could be a case of you losing body fat and not weight. Which happens more often than people pay attention to. Your Water intake needs to be higher, I can bet your sodium intake is through the roof and you are retaining water like a dam. You **REALLY** need to start doing your own prep, Restaurants nutritional information is notoriously wrong, always WAY under what it really is. Frozen pre-preped meals are great for on the go and pinch situations but *SHOULD NOT* be your first line go to... again, sodium and lots of other things are WAY TOO HIGH!

It's great you are trying to track your intake. And you say you work out, but. Is your caloric burn higher than your caloric intake?

So... You need to almost double your water intake. Ensure you are working out for at least 60 mins a day (Not including anything you do at work) stop with the take out / frozen foods and start prepping your own meals.
Start taking chewable or drinkable Fiber daily, sounds like you aren't even close to getting your daily required fiber intake. And lastly *STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT* Weight is only 1 number in this whole equation. Your body fat % can drop and you still not lose weight. I'm down .8% body fat over the last week and I haven't lost a pound.

Stay focused, do not give up.