Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do? Quilting?

I was immobilised after my face lift - I felt too lousy and I looked too freakish to move much - and so I spent most of my time reading, and playing games on the laptop in bed. For the first week I felt too sick and doped up to even watch TV because watching TV meant leaving my bed. Come to think about it, you will likely be fairly heavily doped up for a portion of those 15 days. This means you will be sleeping quite a bit.

This means you will be sleeping quite a bit.

not possible ... wasa must visit here 24/7 for her entire recovery period... :D

i'd miss her way too much if she didnt post.

as to what to do after you've read and responded to all the interesting posts here ... reading? (boring, i know) ... i never said i was an exciting person

not possible ... wasa must visit here 24/7 for her entire recovery period... :confused:

i'd miss her way too much if she didnt post.

as to what to do after you've read and responded to all the interesting posts here ... reading? (boring, i know) ... i never said i was an exciting person

You have a good point. :) I think that there are big bunches of us who would miss Wasa. So I guess it is gonna be laptop computer time for you, Wasa, while you are recovering. :ranger:

You have a good point. :confused: I think that there are big bunches of us who would miss Wasa. So I guess it is gonna be laptop computer time for you, Wasa, while you are recovering. :ranger:
Yep, I agree! You've gotta go buy yourself a laptop and a lap desk and relax while surfing LBT and the internet, watching movies, and snoozing ('cause you'll still be doped up on pain killers, probably).

You have a good point. :) I think that there are big bunches of us who would miss Wasa. So I guess it is gonna be laptop computer time for you, Wasa, while you are recovering. :ranger:

Wasa definitely needs to keep in contact with us during her recovery period and I have a feeling that she'd rather do that than all the craft suggestions we've given her...........................just a hunch!!! :confused:;)

ha! boy would she! i imagine she never really intended anything otherwise, but wanted some friendly support to encourage her.

So there ya go Wasa, a plethora of supporters who would LOVE for you to continue your 24-7 lapbandtalk vigil.

I don't know how to knit, I don't know how to crochet, I don't know how to do quilting, I am bored with counted cross stitch, I can't see colors well, and latch hook sucks.

I can't do anything. :Banane34:

What about weaving? I really really want a floor loom but before I spend $5K on a good quality floor loom I want to make sure I actually LIKE weaving so I found a guy on ebay that sells little looms on a stand.

Not sure I can do that though. I have to be curled up in a ball for 15 days after plastic surgery. I thought I just couldn't stand up straight, not so. Plastic surgeon guy said I have to be curled up in a ball. Hunched over and everything.

I guess weaving on a small loom is out too.

How hard is it to learn knitting, crocheting, etc.? I'd have to get all the stuff I need before surgery since I can't drive either.

You know, doctors always say no driving but usually it's because of pain meds and such. My doc made it VERRRY clear that is not the case here. I can't sit up straight to drive. I guess I could drive like little old ladies that are headless in the car in front of you. :)

I'm just too hyper to sit still. I can see where the first day or so I'm not going to want to do anything but 15 days? Sheesh... I can't go 15 minutes without doing something.

Pot holders... anyone want a pot holder? A scarf? No clue just how fugly it will be but I'll try. HA!

Is there such a thing as buying the top part of the quilt that is already done (and set correctly) and just doing the busy work of putting the three layers together? I can't even sew a straight hem, how will I sew little squares without going batty?

I'd suggest beading, but that may be more tedious than you could bear. I think the packets of beads that you can buy in stores have the colors labeled, but I'm not sure. If they do, you could just label a divided container and hope they don't get mixed up.

My fall-back is always watching movies and reading, to be honest. Well, that and chatting online.

What do you do with them when you are done?
If they're good, you can sell them. If they aren't, they're just a jun way to pass the time.

Yep, I agree! You've gotta go buy yourself a laptop and a lap desk and relax while surfing LBT and the internet, watching movies, and snoozing ('cause you'll still be doped up on pain killers, probably).

I agree 100% I would miss you terribly Wasa. If I had a laptop I'd offer to loan it to you myself. That said

it is probably a blessing I don't have a laptop. Just imagine the damage my two personalities could have inflicted on my reputation (whatever it may be) if I'd been posting in RNR's under the influence of all my pain meds a few weeks ago. :)

Not sure I can do that though. I have to be curled up in a ball for 15 days after plastic surgery. I thought I just couldn't stand up straight, not so. Plastic surgeon guy said I have to be curled up in a ball. Hunched over and everything.

If I can ask, what's the reason behind this?

I have NO idea what I would have done if I had been confined to bed for 15 days. By the morning following my TT (I had surgery at like 3 in the afternoon) I was pacing the hall of the ward.

I have nothing constructive... You could count your leg hairs? Measure the growth of your toe nails?