Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Duodenal switch 8 weeks post op not hungry...ughh



Recommended Posts

It took me a good 2 months to finally have energy back. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to ever get any exercise in, because I couldn't eat too much and didn't have any energy. I finally got my energy back around 2 months, and now at 6 months run 3+ miles 3-4 week, plus do Camp Gladiator (boot camp). I love how much energy I have. Definitely get your hydration and Vitamins in. I did notice that once I really started working out, I was able to eat more than a few bites. I also find that I eat small amounts throughout the day, a handful of peanuts or a piece of cheese, which keeps me energized. You will feel better, I promise, and it will all be worth it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Alecat said:

It took me a good 2 months to finally have energy back. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to ever get any exercise in, because I couldn't eat too much and didn't have any energy. I finally got my energy back around 2 months, and now at 6 months run 3+ miles 3-4 week, plus do Camp Gladiator (boot camp). I love how much energy I have. Definitely get your hydration and Vitamins in. I did notice that once I really started working out, I was able to eat more than a few bites. I also find that I eat small amounts throughout the day, a handful of peanuts or a piece of cheese, which keeps me energized. You will feel better, I promise, and it will all be worth it!!!

Thank you! thats very encouraging for sure!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GlamgirlHow did it go at the surgeon's? Or are you waiting for bloods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2018 at 12:17 PM, Glamgirl said:

Thank you! and yeah it sucks doesn't it?? shakes.... Ughhhhhh but haven't tried the bipro Water ... ill have to try it out... anything is worth a try! Thank you for your words of encouragement an I am glad I am not alone in feeling this way... .. and yes I have no taste for anything.

Do you get that Water at a Vitamin shop?

You should also try Isopure Protien drink, has quite a few flavors. I prefer the grape and a 20oz bottle has 40 grams of protien. I get half my daily requirement and the taste isn't too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, Postop said:

@GlamgirlHow did it go at the surgeon's? Or are you waiting for bloods?

no bloods yet he wants to wait till October! but since then I feel so much better, I can finally eat ... small amounts of course... and im getting Protein from milk and veggies and fish and chicken and some Isopure as well! thanks for asking!!

3 hours ago, Vinny6969 said:

You should also try Isopure Protien drink, has quite a few flavors. I prefer the grape and a 20oz bottle has 40 grams of protien. I get half my daily requirement and the taste isn't too bad.

thanks! yes ISOPURE grape is good i like that too now.. its been a about a month since I wrote from 8 week post op and I a finally feeling better and can eat a little... thank goodness!!!! so it took me my 3rd month post op to feel like myself again! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Glamgirl said:

no bloods yet he wants to wait till October! but since then I feel so much better, I can finally eat ... small amounts of course... and im getting Protein from milk and veggies and fish and chicken and some Isopure as well! thanks for asking!!

Good to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REMINDER: Do not take Iron and Calcium together, even in or with a Multi-Vitamin. The reason is because they impede absorption of the other so if taken together you will not be getting adequate iron or calcium each day and could become anemic and have mineral deficiencies. The correct way to take them is 2-4 hours apart. As well, thyroid medication can also be negatively impacted if taken with iron and calcium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If sweet Protein Shakes are gross to you right now, consider the Unjury chicken Soup mix. It tastes pretty okay and it’s a very nice break from sweet-sweet shakes. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your tastebuds and what you can tolerate change after surgery. Maybe trying some different foods that you wouldn't normally eat would help make everything more appetizing. You are not alone. There are days when I am not hungry at all and days when I want to eat everything lol I agree with the Protein Water. I know Premier makes a version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like ProtiDiet Water flavorings. It isn’t powder, so no chalky aftertaste. It is more of a gel to mix in your water. I have had a peach mango one almost every day for 4 years. It has 15 grams of Protein. My surgeon sells them pretty cheap but I know they are also on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see I’m not alone, I have no desire for food, and when I think I am I take a bite and it’s a turnoff, thank God for shakes, Premier shakes are a lifesaver at 30grams each, and I bought unflavored Protein Powder and add it to smoothies, for an attempt to get fruits and veggies in, I’m trying to be creative....this too shall pass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • GreenTealael

      At my Primary Physician appt, the Doc said you know you lost a whole person. When you started seeing me you were 265lbs now you're 148lbs.
      She's right... I lost the fun me 😂 Joking Joking Joking. It's amazing who keeps track when you don't like insurance and browsers feeds
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Simply_Sleeved

      Hi guys I'm so glad I found this page.  I'm having VSG this spring and could use all the support I can get!!!
      I'm documenting my journey on youtube, if you are interested in supporting and following my journey click the link posted. 
      I'm trying to find support groups and do this journey via youtube because my family is super small and close minded so I  literally have my husband and children's support only.
       
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskjURquU-dmRDr9F57RN1Q

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Dietitian scheduled 11/18
      Mental Evaluation scheduled 11/18
      OMG we moving forward
      All things working toward my Dec 9th surgery date!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×