Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

<p>I was banded yesterday and this morning I woke up feeling sore but other than that pretty good. About 10 minutes ago I've begun to get a really sharp pain on my left lower stomach. it's way below where my port insicsion but when I am up and walking around it hurts really bad. It almost feels like someone is pinching me from the inside. Is this normal? I know the port side tends to be more sore but this pain isn't near the port.</p>

Keep walking, I think it may be gas. You will get gas pain in places you would not expect. Taking Gas-X helps also.

After my surgery Gas-X was practically attached to my right hand...lol! I had pain in places that I never imagined due to gas. The nurse explained that it was because of all of the air in my abdomen being disturbed/displaced during the surgery. It passed after a day or two (and boy was I glad when it did) Congrats on being banded and beginning a new life! I hope you are feeling better real soon! :)

Has anyone else had this? It's not going away. They are very sharp pains all on the left side. I guess I am just trying to figure out if it is gas or just from the port. I've been walking all day today, have taken a bunch of the Gas-X strips and have been talking my pain medication. Nothing is taking care of it. When I am sitting on the sofa with my heating pad is the only time it doesn't hurt!

You poor thing. Know just how you feel. I was banded almost 2 weeks ago and ended up at the hospital with these pains because they were so bad, I was doubled over and crying and I am not a sook (delivered a 9 pound 13 and 1/2 ounce son and a 10 pound 11 and 1/2 ounce son naturally, so I know pain). I couldn't believe how bad they were and no one had warned me about gas or anything else. Anyway after going through numerous tests, x-rays, and a ct scan to make sure there was no leak etc. it turns out to be something like gas etc that you just have to deal with. (My doctor is 2 hours drive away and his office number wasn't answering) I was trying not to take any pain medication because I am still breastfeeding but I found that making sure I took this on time and rested made a real difference. After a few days it had gone - thank god and I am now feeling one hundred percent. I found this forum after I had been through all this, just wish I had found it before because I would have saved myself 6 hours at the hospital. Hope you are better soon.

Call your doctor if its not going away . That is what they are there for .

These boards are great but lets face it we are not there and we are not MD's.

CALL YOUR DOC just to be safe , its probably nothing.

Mindy

Hi Nessa,

I was banded 9/25, and I still have pains below my port by my belly button. And if I'm standing up straight I can see 2 little gathered "pick-ups" I was told that it is the port tugging on the muscle that it was sewn on. It comes and goes, some days I'll get little twinges, and other days I don't feel a thing. I think that it is getting better.

But you might want to call your doctor and see what he says....Hope you feel better real soon!

Thanks! They seem to hurt the most when I take a deep breath or walk around. I am going to take some pain medicine before bed, sleep tonight and see how I feel in the morning. If I am still having the sharp pains tomorrow I will call.

Nessa, how are you feeling today ??

Mindy

I have this same PAIN! it's like 2 or 3 inches below the port area on my left side! It's like a burning, pinching spasim type thing that happens just when it feels like happening! I was banded on OCT.22nd,2007. But I must say it has happened less & less now.........My Dr. said that it is normal and will go away on it's own. That it's the scar tissue starting to form and that if we move a cetain way you can feel it pull.........Well that's what I know about it so far!

Mindy - I am feeling great today! I had a few gas pains this morning but I have been moving around a lot today and am feeling really good! I cooked and cleaned the house today. I wasn't even craving the food that I was cooking for my husband and daughter. I honestly feel a lot better than I expected!

Mindy - I am feeling great today! I had a few gas pains this morning but I have been moving around a lot today and am feeling really good! I cooked and cleaned the house today. I wasn't even craving the food that I was cooking for my husband and daughter. I honestly feel a lot better than I expected!

Good im glad your feeling better. My husband was laughing at me post op .

I was cooking all the time, baking . I normally do not cook or bake that much.

But I was cooking out of cook books and EVERYTHING . He asked if I was trying to fatten him up while i got skinny . LOL

I guess i was over compensating for not eating LMAO in a strange way , for some reason it made me feel better.

Mindy