Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Most embarrassing diet/exercise product you've ever bought?

Has anybody done the one where you put a rubber band on your wrist and snap yourself everyone you feel hunger? Might end up blistering yourself that way.😝

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Has anybody done the one where you put a rubber band on your wrist and snap yourself everyone you feel hunger? Might end up blistering yourself that way.😝

I tried that, apparently pain is not enough to deter my appetite!

On 4/24/2018 at 3:21 PM, Creekimp13 said:

I remember doing some weird powder that you were supposed to sprinkle on your food...there were different kinds for sweet stuff and savory stuff....and it was supposed to make you fill up faster and feel fuller?

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? LOLOLOL. I can't remember!

You were supposed to lose 30 pounds in six months.

The government got a big fraud settlement and paid the people who bought it....I got a settlement check in the mail like two years after I tried it.

I did a similar powder but it wasn't Sensa...something that started with a X...Xyngular I think. It was sold by "independent consultants" like Avon. The intro meeting was at a pizza Hut so they could give us free pizza and sprinkle the powder all over it to show how great it would be to eat whatever you wanted. I did their intro diet which was like 1,000 calories a day, of course I lost weight because I wasn't eating anything!!

I also bought a Total Gym because it was going to make me look like Christie Brinkley. I actually like using it, I just didn't use it enough and it ended up just collecting dust while I sat on the couch.

c700x420.jpg

I also remember very distinctly in 2009 I bought a Shaun T Hip Hop Abs DVD. To this day it is still in its shrink wrap...so lazy I never even opened it! lol But I would like to think I redeemed myself because I have completed his T25 workout a few times and I also own his Cize workout which is a blast.

I'm sure there are others I'll think of.

51xxi-2xxcL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Ylime

1 minute ago, Ylime said:

I did a similar powder but it wasn't Sensa...something that started with a X...Xyngular I think. It was sold by "independent consultants" like Avon. The intro meeting was at a pizza Hut so they could give us free pizza and sprinkle the powder all over it to show how great it would be to eat whatever you wanted. I did their intro diet which was like 1,000 calories a day, of course I lost weight because I wasn't eating anything!!

I also bought a Total Gym because it was going to make me look like Christie Brinkley. I actually like using it, I just didn't use it enough and it ended up just collecting dust while I sat on the couch.

I also remember very distinctly in 2009 I bought a Shaun T Hip Hop Abs DVD. To this day it is still in its shrink wrap...so lazy I never even opened it! lol But I would like to think I redeemed myself because I have completed his T25 workout a few times and I also own his Cize workout which is a blast.

I'm sure there are others I'll think of.

51xxi-2xxcL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I think you could probably burn calories just looking at him! :D

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I think you could probably burn calories just looking at him! :D

Ummmm....yes. Probably why I bought the DVD in the first place! His T25 video is amazing because he gets all close to the camera and looks right in your eyes and talks directly to you!!

Just now, Ylime said:

Ummmm....yes. Probably why I bought the DVD in the first place! His T25 video is amazing because he gets all close to the camera and looks right in your eyes and talks directly to you!!

Oh, my! Getting all hot and bothered here!

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Oh, my! Getting all hot and bothered here!

Watch this all the way to the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3---j0igJpQ

While we're ratting our moms out. In the 80's my mom bought these - Figurines. Like the Peanut Butter wafers you can buy today but weight loss related somehow. These things tasted amazing!! My mom never lost any weight with them because my brother and I were constantly eating them. I can still taste them today.

figurines-diet-chocolate-snacks-ad-july-1974-620x868.jpg

@kordie do you remember the follow-up,song to " it's my party and I'll cry if I want to"? The answer " It's Judy's turn to cry" the artist was Lesley Gore, she died about a c year ago of lung cancer. The last picture I saw of her she resembled what I would think a chubby New Jersey housewife would look like. But the girl could sing and was a member of my generation. R I P Ms Lesley.😒

Ok, I just came across this on my library website and thought it fit perfectly with this discussion. Because...seriously?!

Excerpt from book description:

Hypnotic Gastric Band offers similar results without the risks of surgery: this psychological procedure works to convince the unconscious mind that a gastric band has been put in place, helping the body to behave as if a band were physically present-so it's easy to eat less and lose weight at last, while still feeling completely satisfied.

vsa_9781401949181_180.jpeg

So I should trick my mind into thinking I'm post surgery? Well,it would save me that 50+ mile trek to Columbus, the indignity of a month on a liquid diet, 2 pre, 2 post weeks, 5 little air vents in my pale,little tummy and Vitamins and a miniscule diet for the rest of my life. But anymore I take unsolicited advice, especially from myself, with a grain of salt. Nope, I booked into this excursion a long time ago, I like a challenge, and I think,I'd like to see this thing the rest of the way through. No quick shortcuts for me, I'm doing this at the right time, for the right reason and for the right person. ME. And all the labor that has gone into,it,will make my victory sweeter. I may not be a soothsayer but I can see far enough ahead to see a future and I'm there, smiling, healthier and thinner. Yesterdays are in the past, today is a gift, that is why it is called the present. And I will move forward even if the world tries to wound me. Scars and all-- I still face forward 😝without fear.