Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

lulu - SO glad they caught your port infection in time!! thanks for the heads up...

PJTP - i have an official induction date ... January 30th. that is if i dont go into labor early or if my BP remains good while on bed rest.. yay...

PJTP part deux - i just received a request from a family member (cousin's wife) for Facebook .. GAHHHH... i dont want family on my FB... no idea how to politely say ummm, no... thoughts?

PJTP - i have an official induction date ... January 30th. that is if i dont go into labor early or if my BP remains good while on bed rest.. yay...

PJTP part deux - i just received a request from a family member (cousin's wife) for Facebook .. GAHHHH... i dont want family on my FB... no idea how to politely say ummm, no... thoughts?

Congrats on the induction date.. It's good to keep that lil guy in there just a bit longer. Hope you're feeling well.

The FB thing is hard.. I wouldn't want family on the boards with me or social networking.. It's my escape and to be me without worrying what I say.

Hope someone has a good idea cause I am worried that will happen to me.

[quote name=losingjusme;

PJTP part deux - i just received a request from a family member (cousin's wife) for Facebook .. GAHHHH... i dont want family on my FB... no idea how to politely say ummm' date=' no... thoughts?[/quote]

"Hi (insert name here!)-----

I have one child already who can be very demanding at times, and another due any day now.....when I morph into wonder woman and actually find time to Facebook between diaper changes, and Sponge Bob, I will let you know!! Wish me luck on that!"

That takes care of her....and those who already know you can be a wonder woman are taken care of already!!!

I was going to mention earlier, that we actually have a friend who had his car stolen with the keys in it, and the thief hit and killed a man while driving it, and our friend Justin had to go to court for vehicular manslaughter charges as well! They were suspended with no further automobile infractions for 3 years. Meaning even a speeding ticket could have cost him a manslaughter charge! Scary!! My Mom used to be the worst about tossing her keys under the floor mat so she knew where they were....took having teenagers to break that habit!! LOL

Kat

That's what I'd do!!!

pjtp - port pain.

i'm not going to start a thread - but if anyone gets port pain, get it looked at. was in the hospital all morning for my hernia, and i had a slight infection by my port site. my surgeon says left untreated can lead to erosion - caught well in time.

i go back in 2 wks to double check & make sure it's cleared up - just thought i'd give an FYI to my posting pals!!

I'm glad you're better. Are you on a round of antibiotics?

1.) Yippee about the induction date! That's a good friend's birthday!

2.) You know my pat FB advice - accept the request and then BLAM - delete 'em. ;)

Sorry - multi post....

Since I can't rant/rave - let me just say that no good deed goes unpunished!

Secondly, I am so thankful for my "paid off" car and its fabulous heater!!!

yeah.. i did the chicken @#(& way out - the way i suggested in the past... but it's different when it's YOU, ya know? - i friended her then unfriended her ... its not like we're close ... dunno why she searched for me... ???

I'm glad you're better. Are you on a round of antibiotics?

yes - loads, anti - inflam, and the pretty ones that make you feel nothing below the waist (hernia repair). dh gets to deal w/everything and i get to lay in bed / laptop & goofieness.

fb - no family; other than my brothers. i have just ignored other requests - my place, not theirs to be nosy.

yes - loads, anti - inflam, and the pretty ones that make you feel nothing below the waist (hernia repair). dh gets to deal w/everything and i get to lay in bed / laptop & goofieness.

fb - no family; other than my brothers. i have just ignored other requests - my place, not theirs to be nosy.

Well I'm glad you're good and have your own personal nurse!

FB - i have my brother and 2 cousins on there but they already know i'm crazy so it's not like it's going to be news to anyone!

Ohhhhh - what a miracle is it that all of the passengers of today's US Airways crash survived? What great pilots. Halleluia!

Edited by SickNTired

take yer phone in and take pics next time. that might get her to stop.....but please don't share them!!

No, please, for the love of life, do not share!!! Random_Screaming_by_de_Mote.gif

something tells me she would break out in poses for the camera:blushing:;):blushing::(

i'm just not that comfortable for exposure in a gym, i keep my eyes to the ground when boobs are flying around in the locker room. i couldn't imagine the "whooha" leg lifting routine...hey leslie can you tell if she needed a grooming??? :angry::ohmy:

_objection__by_de_Mote.gif

Would it be out of line to say "Have a blessed day, bitch?"

_dieslaughing__by_Zikes.gif

If I had an overnight low of 48 degrees I might just spend the night outdoors in shorts and a t shirt. Our high today is supposed to be 7.

Are you kidding??!! That is freezing. It is supposed to be 20 here when I wake up in the morning with an expected high of only 48! That is ridiculous!! Insane!! I may have to call in cold tomorrow.

pjtp - port pain.

i'm not going to start a thread - but if anyone gets port pain, get it looked at. was in the hospital all morning for my hernia, and i had a slight infection by my port site. my surgeon says left untreated can lead to erosion - caught well in time.

i go back in 2 wks to double check & make sure it's cleared up - just thought i'd give an FYI to my posting pals!!

Lulu, I am so glad you caught that in time!

Congrats on the official date. That is exciting news.

I reluctantly added a couple of family members. I don't see them very often and I figure if they don't like the real me, screw them.

I reluctantly added a couple of family members. I don't see them very often and I figure if they don't like the real me, screw them.

my only issue with that is, my sister (cannot stand her) may then want to 'friend' me ... i'd have to say, politely of course, "bless your heart, i dont email you why would i want to friend you"??

Yeah, me too. I was bad. Got spanked.

Beth, I think we both know you liked it.

Same here. I cannot reply to them. Alot of people cheat, but only a little. (Confession time: I cheated a little post op. But, only small items once or twice. I knew it was wrong and did not go looking for someone to tell me it was ok).

I think most cheat some, but that double-double thread appalled me.

Don't know if this is too heavy for here, but how sad and embarassing! :crying:

FOXNews.com - 275-Pound Woman Says Hospital Told Her to Use Zoo MRI - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

Really, I wonder if different MRI's hold different capacities? Ours will go to 325.

DH said it's a 1.5 million dollar car!!!

I wonder if they'll take my personal check?

OMG the naked lady is back! Okay ya'll I don't think I posted it here but last week after my workout I' sitting - chilling out in the Sauna - talking to my friend J.

We are facing each other. A lady comes in with her towell on - no problem - sits on the bench above me to the left - no problem...TAKES OFF HER TOWELL...and covers her breasts. She is sitting on the wood with her breasts covered and nothing else.

Of course I can't see her (only her legs) but my friend J's mouth falls open. She did a good imitation of a codfish. We couldn't even talk. I was mouthing Oh My God, WTF? Then get this...the lady starts doing LEG LIFTS...yep LEG LIFTS...My eyes got as big as saucers...I started laughing at J's face...

LEG LIFTS...her whooha out there for the world to see and believe me it's not pretty...but she was modest enough to cover her breasts...

Well after politely excusing myself and leaving saying What the Hell was THAT? as we went to shower...I freak out a bit in the hall area.

Well SHE'S BACK...OMG - I will buy her some freakin' underwear if she can't afford them. Naked in the shower area is one thing...leg lifts on the TOP BENCH in the Sauna in her birthday suit...WTF?

Wow....Leslie is a vagina nazi. A world where ladies don't feel free to show off their vaginas, well, that's a cruel world indeed.

OMG Leslie, i dont think i would have been able to control myself!! maybe she has hoo ha pride?? :wink: :yikes:

Perhaps she just had her pubic hair professionally coiffed and wanted some compliments? Although you'd think the high humidity of a sauna would not be kind.....unless she used an extremely competant hair spray.

Don't want to sound like a bitch, but I would rather be asked about a fish recipe that might be helpful to my cause than to here about your pigs ( animals ). What have they got to do with lap band unless were suppose to eat them. I like animals but if I want to read about them I'll go to another site. This site is suppose to be helpful to post op and any one who wants help or information about the band and food. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean someone else doesn't.

We all go through tough moments and need encouragement now and again. Try sweet bourbon glaze on your fish and see if it will taste better. You can get it at specialty shops. I just rub the fish with oil and grill it and when it is about done I add the glaze for a minute or two on each side. Don't forget to spray pam first.

Oh by the way I am 8 months out and have lost 91 lbs. but still look for good recipes.

Remember this is a lapband website if you want to talk about other issues get the persons email and go that route.

Have a Blessed Day.

Grandmasandy

Ooops, and here I was talking about pubic hairspray. Sorry Granny.

is it wrong that i pointed ole granny to OH??

I think she'll be the life of the party. They're businesslike, tolerable people over there. Not like the hooligans we have.

I am not being snarky...I really want to know....is the phrase "bless your heart' an insult? Where I am from, it is a statement that you bestow on someone who is genuine and sweet or generous, and you are 'blessing' them...thanking them.

Several posts have explained this, but "Bless your heart" can be heartfelt. More often, the theory is that you can say anything if "bless your heart" is included in the phrase, and the person can't get angry. Example:

"Now that is the ugliest baby I have ever seen, bless his heart"

It's the same thing by inserting LOL in an online conversation.

"Man, you are an idiot and your breath smells like my septic tank. LOL"

Because it's western. It is south geographically since it's at the bottom of the country, but it's also in the Western part of the country and culturally it has more in common with Wyoming than with Georgia.

I don't see it. Texas is so big that the culture varies by region. From central to northeast Texas, the culture (and the speech patterns) is very "deep south" Georgia. Central Texas is very unique in that it is german and mexican cultures, all blended together. West Texas is waaaaaay more "western" like New Mexico, Arizona, etc. From central to South Texas, Mexican culture dominates. Just my experiences from travels over the state, so take it w/ a grain o' salt.

@ plain:

West Texas, South Texas, East Texas... Pfft!! You're just trying to make it seem like Texas is a big place to have all those different cultural influences! We have sheep stations bigger than Texas!! *pokes tongue*:wink::yikes:

LJM - Congrats on the date. Your son is going to be an Acquarius! I think they have the most charismatic personalities. Some of my favorite people have been Acquarians.

Plain's so smart, bless his heart.

Brandy, I am sorry if you told me this at some point in the past. My only excuse is that I am old with a bad memory.

Where are you in Oregon?

We have been having summer like weather. It's supposed to last another week. I knew there was a good reason I moved away from Chicago.

LJM, congratulations on your date! We will all be waiting

in anticipation on that day, if you don't go into labor sooner.