Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Let me go ahead and apologize for being a no-nothing pre-bander(!) but does a PB not hurt the same as a "proper" vomit? Does one not regurg acid like with a vomit? Doesn't sound like a lot of fun either way.

I have never had a PB with stomach acids. When I have puked, yes, then I have had that wonderful half digested - acidic puke taste.

But as it has been explained to me, by a doctor, there is little difference between PB'ing and vomitting for the band. They are as bad as each other. That is why 99.99% of bandsters AVOID PB'ing.

Now that I think of it, it sounds an awful lot like an eating disorder.

Yuk, doesn't it? I'd rather be on liquids than hurl. Ewwie. Do you know when you're about to PB? I was going to make a smart ass DS comment but am refraining.

Yuk, doesn't it? I'd rather be on liquids than hurl. Ewwie. Do you know when you're about to PB? I was going to make a smart ass DS comment but am refraining.

SNT, I always know if a PB is coming. It feels like I swallowed a cinderblock, my eyes start watering and my nose starts running. Pleasant picture, huh? Luckily, the learning curve on what your band "likes" is pretty steep.

I haven't PB'd many times, but I definetly know when it is coming. I usually feel like I have swallowed an elephant...sideways. Then my mouth starts watering a bit...and up it comes. It isn't like a normal throw up incident though. I have never had the acid...just a lot of really thick slime.

Mmmmm....this conversation is as yummy as that god awful 12 food sandwich Froggi posted!

Umm, can someone please explain this to me, cause I don't understand:

"Regurgitating...that's fine. That's a tool you'll use on your journey in re-learning how to eat.

I do it often and sometimes daily...and I'm on maintenance."

How is that fine? To me that is either too tight or Anorexia/Bulimia?

Plain and Salsa: rofl - verrrrry attractive!

I guess I was just trying to make sure that one can make it to the RR and that one doesn't just projectile blow!!

Susan - wouldn't that eat up your teeth too? Again, ewie!

Edited by SickNTired

Umm, can someone please explain this to me, cause I don't understand:

"Regurgitating...that's fine. That's a tool you'll use on your journey in re-learning how to eat.

I do it often and sometimes daily...and I'm on maintenance."

How is that fine? To me that is either too tight or Anorexia/Bulimia?

I think a little of all three with a side serve of stupidity.

Who BRAGS about it? Seriously?

You'll have plenty of notice (or, more accurately, I do). The thing is, a PB doesn't (or at least shouldn't) happen very often. It's usually when I try "new" foods or get in a hurry that I sometimes PB. It's certainly not a daily, or even monthly thing.

Yeah, that is just insane, and she is telling newbies that it is ok? That is just scary.

You'll have plenty of notice (or, more accurately, I do). The thing is, a PB doesn't (or at least shouldn't) happen very often. It's usually when I try "new" foods or get in a hurry that I sometimes PB. It's certainly not a daily, or even monthly thing.

Whew! Y'all don't scare me into NOT get banded!!!

Yeah, that is just insane, and she is telling newbies that it is ok? That is just scary.

Ok I'm about as new as new comes but HELLO, what person w/ a shred of common sense doesn't know that a lot of vomiting is bad for you; much less bad for your band? Hello peeps!

OMG, are you kidding me??!! I just read her warning post. Thank goodness I didn't read it prior to getting banded or I never would have had it done. I got the band to get healthy, not be sick all the time, fatigued, etc. I mean seriously, how many people have had those problems? Since getting the band I have experienced the exact opposite of what she is warning people to expect because I am eating healthier and exercising.

Ok, rant done.

Ha! What if she discourages people from banding? That would be so sad based on one whack job. :-(

Oh no, she is in chat and I can't not believe some of the stuff she is suggesting.