Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

i wish dentists sent you home w/"sweet air" vs vicodin after oral surgery.

vicodin makes me crave shells & cheese.:cool2:

He choose in surgery to not do the horizontal cut all the way across the bottom of the breasts. By not doing it he changed the stitch on the verticle cuts across to tighter and more pursed together. His thinking was that it would save me a huge scar on each breast and make them better. It didn't work, I didn't see it at first but they are now dropping and not what I had hoped for at all. And I don't want to go through that again.

So sorry all I didn't mean to hijack this thread! lol...

That's what I was worried about when I went on my 2nd consultation, since the PS said that she would use a lollipop incision instead of the anchor incision. The other two surgeons I had consultations with said that they'd use the anchor. That was one of several reasons why I chose not to use that surgeon.

Has anyone tried the powdered Peanut Butter? I like to put it in my Protein Shakes. It mixes in better and it's way less calories.

I don't think it is possible to hijack this thread.

Is anyone else having problems getting emails to their subscribed threads? I don't like having to go to my subscribed threads on the left hand side of the board. I liked clicking on my email to get to the thread. I wonder why it's changed. I checked my settings and I am supposed to be getting emails.

BBK, that is awful. You already went through the surgery and it should have been done right the first time. Did you have your TT too?

I like the powdered Peanut Butter too! It's so good! I gave some to my dietician because she'd never heard of it. She loved it! I always forget I have it though. I haven't tried it in my shakes. Good idea.

I don't get my threads in an email. Too many. I prefer to just go to User CP.

~C

What did the fish say when it swam into the wall?

Damn.

That reminds me of the first joke my son ever told me, when he was about 7 years old:

A man walked into a bar and said, "Ow."

I am posting to say I am sooooo bored. I did nothing all day long today and am now sitting here waiting for the race to come on. Tomorrow we are painting the pool. What an exciting three day weekend. I think we better go jeeping or to the beach or something on Monday.

That's what I was worried about when I went on my 2nd consultation, since the PS said that she would use a lollipop incision instead of the anchor incision. The other two surgeons I had consultations with said that they'd use the anchor. That was one of several reasons why I chose not to use that surgeon.

I thought I did a good job, he changed his mind in the operatiing room. BASTARD! :biggrin:

oh BBK, i'd be so pissed .. sorry that happened. since it was his decision, the revision (and all related costs) should be waived or charged to him...

i really need to look into the powdered Peanut Butter.... i love the stuff but havent eaten it in ages due to the fat content..

Here is the link to the powdered Peanut Butter. The stuff is awesome. They just pulverize the peanuts and squeeze all the oil out of it...makes it less fattening. It's low cal, and it honestly tastes good! I like it with a little tiny sprinkle (not the whole packet) of Splenda. You can add a little chocolate Syrup too if you are really craving a little sweet!!!! Yummy!

Bell Plantation - PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - Home

~C

I almost did buy a truck load. I accidently ordered twice as much as I intended to. I know I will use it though!

Yes...and no! LOL Some people like theirs to be creamier, some stickier, etc. It's individual, but you don't add much. I like mine stickier, so I don't add much Water. It really is good, and makes for a good snack.< /p>

I'm sure if you didn't like it, you could sell it pretty easily.

~C

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches