Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

When did you live in Old Town?

I love Old Town - lived right up the road for a while..

lived there 92-94 - right down the road from the masonic temple (falls church border).

don't get me wrong - SUCH a charming town, but the people were just so STUFFY - all gov't workers:):crying::frown:

g4e - re: tortillas - I am with you. I also pb hard with fajitas or soft tacos. :frown: blech... nasty stuff.

I found out the day I got back from Houston that I can't do pancakes. Had hubby take me to IHOP (wanted some eggs, sausage, and harvest grain and nut) and totally pb'ed on the cakes. :crying:

Hey now!!! :frown: lol

Actually, the cost of living is a scam. In NoVa, I was making the same pay and paying the same mortgage. I had state tax, which I don't have here, but here I have tons of other little taxes which make up for it!

For me, it's the same.

Only, in Houston I can ride a bike. In Manassas, I barely got out my door before I was heaving and huffing. I like the flat! :)

But, I've told DH if we both get fired, we're moving to San Antonio.

I like my LIFE in Houston, but the city is bleh.

I just could never get used to the heat. Lived there most of my life (27 years) and it never got any easier. And the HUMIDITY! Don't even get me started. :crying:

I'm guessing when you were here the cost of homes wasn't so bad...? When we moved here, it was freakin' insane. I can't believe what nearly a half-million WON'T buy you here compared to Houston. In Houston, if we paid there what we paid HERE, we'd be living in a McMansion. A NEW, BIG, NICE McMansion. Here we got 2200 square feet with a yard that extends less than 20 feet in any direction. We went from a mortgage of less than $1,000 in Houston to a mortgage of $2900 here (including escrow on both).

Certainly I feel you get more bang for your buck in Texas (Houston for sure) than you do many other places.

PJTP...Catching up and checking in! Hi!:crying:

Got my daily "wog" in this morning - ran farther than before, so I'm happy about that. Even sprinted the final block with DH and DDog - he beat me, but my competitive side is gonna work on that! :)

All the posts are great - thanks for all the good wishes for my appointment on Monday - I'm hopeful too. Still haven't heard back from opportunity #1 - don't know what's up with them, but if this is an example of how they treat their people, I'm not sure I WANT to work for them.

Have a university-sponsored lunch today - was supposed to be a picnic, but the early rain turned into a steady downpour, so we'll be inside...trying to figure out a way to skip it...I really don't feel like 'breaking bread' with this crew.

Getting an inside workout today - moving files from one rolling rack to another as part of our annual archive / purge process. Will help make up for the fact that I won't get a walk in at lunchtime.

Loving my "wogs" - now I seem to have developed an addiction for running togs - didn't have a lot of that stuff before I was banded. My knees wouldn't have survived me running 55 pounds ago, but they are doing just fine right now - as long as I give it a day in between.

Ready for the weekend...so happy it's Friday!:frown:

Some day I will have to see Texas...oh wait, I will next year when we meet IRL, right? Haven't heard diddly-squat about that recently.

Kat - the theater stuff sounds fun.

When you wrote about the handyman 'he had permed hair down his back', I had an image of this very hairy-backed man...you know what I mean? Like hairy toes or fingers (ICK!) he had all this hair on his back which was permed....

Deep fried dough just doesn't appeal to me...sounds donut-ish and Im not a donut gal. So if ever/when I make it to a place where this type of fare is common, I think I'll pass on that.

Deep fried dough just doesn't appeal to me...sounds donut-ish and Im not a donut gal. So if ever/when I make it to a place where this type of fare is common, I think I'll pass on that.

I'd like to say it's better than it sounds, but these days I find that things I USED to like are kinda ick for me now. It's funny how I will eat something now that I haven't had since before banding, and I'll say to somebody, "Omg, WHY did I like this??" So yeah, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I used to when I was the human garbage disposal.

Got my daily "wog" in this morning - ran farther than before, so I'm happy about that. Even sprinted the final block with DH and DDog - he beat me, but my competitive side is gonna work on that! :crying:

That's great Ebony!

lived there 92-94 - right down the road from the masonic temple (falls church border).

:frown::lol:

Ahh...you were there at that magic moment. LOL

Small world.

Love the Masonic Temple.

And, I didn't live there. Me and my hoodlum friends would just hang out there. :) Loved Nick's - they let us drink there underage.

...maybe they were just scared? I dunno.

I found out the day I got back from Houston that I can't do pancakes. Had hubby take me to IHOP (wanted some eggs, sausage, and harvest grain and nut) and totally pb'ed on the cakes. :sad:

Me neither! I love pancakes, too. butter...syrup....mmmm...Haven't had more than two regrettable bites since Sept, 2007.

I'm guessing when you were here the cost of homes wasn't so bad...?

Certainly I feel you get more bang for your buck in Texas (Houston for sure) than you do many other places.

No, no...it was insane - don't get me wrong. I had a small townhome in Manassas and here I have a large corner lot and single family home.

I'm saying I get paid the same and the mortage (bigger house, yes) is the same payment. So, for me, there is no difference from my money situation here or there.

Even though it is a nicer home, it's still equalling the same $$$ each month/year.

Also, they're starting to push townhomes here BIG time. A 2-story down the road for me is going for $200,000 + and I say, "That's like VA!!!" Crazy. SFH's are still cheaper than that.

PJTP...Catching up and checking in! Hi!:crying:

HI!!! :)

Loving my "wogs" - now I seem to have developed an addiction for running togs - didn't have a lot of that stuff before I was banded. My knees wouldn't have survived me running 55 pounds ago, but they are doing just fine right now - as long as I give it a day in between.

I love wogging, too. :)

Ready for the weekend...so happy it's Friday!:)

YES! so, so ready.

C'mon 4:30!!!!!

PJTP: ColoradoChick sent this to me as her "new favorite site." I don't know how she finds this stuff, but there's some good reading here!

It appears this guy responds to ads posted online (Craigslist?) in a rather Borat-ish way. Some of them are laugh-out-loud funny. I haven't gone through a ton of them yet, but it's VERY entertaining!

Warning: There are some "F" bombs and other colorful words in them, so read at your own risk.

E-mails from an Asshole

Some day I will have to see Texas...oh wait, I will next year when we meet IRL, right? Haven't heard diddly-squat about that recently..

we still need that to happen.

ok gross pjtp - i'm texting w/my friend; she slept at the hospital and is just worn out. DH is being a bit shitty to her - taking out being sick on her....she's just dealing ***reason i'm dragging her for mojitos later on***

anyway he's got bathroom issues lets just say - and as she was cleaning him up this morning , he told her she needed to brush her teeth. she's like F U i just cleaned your nasty ass and you are commenting on my breath and i don't know the last time i had a shower???

anyway i'm still LOLOL ,

No, no...it was insane - don't get me wrong. I had a small townhome in Manassas and here I have a large corner lot and single family home.

I'm saying I get paid the same and the mortage (bigger house, yes) is the same payment. So, for me, there is no difference from my money situation here or there.

Even though it is a nicer home, it's still equalling the same $$$ each month/year.

Ahhh, gotcha.

Also, they're starting to push townhomes here BIG time. A 2-story down the road for me is going for $200,000 + and I say, "That's like VA!!!" Crazy. SFH's are still cheaper than that.

Omg, I KNOW!! What's with THAT?? Never saw a townhouse in my life until I moved here, but when I visited last week, we drove past an area where they've built some! Used to be apartments or houses -- not even really condos, except maybe in town.

Guess maybe Houston is going the way of so many others and starting to scrimp on the land? That was the one thing Houston has/had plenty of was land. Well, then parking lots and strip centers... :crying:

I can't believe how many strip centers have died yet they have all those new ones waiting to fill up. Good ol' Houston. Gotta keep them illegals working, yanno... :frown:

Wow...is he normally that much of an a-hole?

I'm not sure I'd be that much of a good nurse. I can handle the blood and guts and stuff...but bedside manners when they're being prickish...? um no thank you.

we still need that to happen.

ok gross pjtp - i'm texting w/my friend; she slept at the hospital and is just worn out. DH is being a bit shitty to her - taking out being sick on her....she's just dealing ***reason i'm dragging her for mojitos later on***

anyway he's got bathroom issues lets just say - and as she was cleaning him up this morning , he told her she needed to brush her teeth. she's like F U i just cleaned your nasty ass and you are commenting on my breath and i don't know the last time i had a shower???

anyway i'm still LOLOL ,

Omg, buy her a mojito from me.

Guys are THE biggest wussies when they've got a COLD. I can't even imagine dealing with one in the hospital. :crying:

I'd be like, "Good thing there are nurses and doctors around so when I try to kill you, you might have a chance."