Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I have been married twice and neither one of my MIL's liked me! My current MIL is pouting and has not returned our telephone calls, emails, letter etc. in nearly three years. I have given up on her. She was really mad when she called my husbands cell phone when he was driving in DC where it is illegal to talk on the cell phone. A policeman tapped on the car window to tell my husband to get off the phone. When he told her he had to go she was PISSED! We have never heard from her again. :) It is sad.

I've had 3 MILs and I have either been extremely lucky and had great MILs or I'm so special they couldn't help but love me. :biggrin:

Of course, I've got the mother from hell so maybe that's karma--sorry life dealt you such a difficult mom so you're consolation prize is great MILs.

You said it before I did. I'm surprised they let her live. :tt2:B)

Alright, someone else to help me gang up on lulu!

Hmmmmmm.....I think I like the idea of 2 girls fighting. Brings out the perv in me. Of course, that doesn't have very far to go to get out.:cursing:

Hmmmmmm.....I think I like the idea of 2 girls fighting. Brings out the perv in me. Of course, that doesn't have very far to go to get out.:cursing:

Kinda like me and my 300 fantasies. After I wrote that the other day, I hadda watch it.

And Plain... real men wear capes and leather diapers. B)

And Plain... real men wear capes and leather diapers. :tt2:

:cursing::scared2:B):scared2:

Then you may count me as NOT a real man. There are just some things I will not do. Haven't found any yet, but I'm willing to bet that is one.

:cursing::scared2:B):scared2:

Then you may count me as NOT a real man. There are just some things I will not do. Haven't found any yet, but I'm willing to bet that is one.

Under the right circumstances, I've found that most men will do just about anything...

Under the right circumstances, I've found that most men will do just about anything...

Well, I didn't realize we were talking about one of those circumstances.:cursing:B)

i'm glad i put my big girl panties on today:sneaky:

donna - i agree w/you, never know when a unique opportunity presents itself (not heard of leather diapers tho:rolleyes:)

Hi Everyone,

First, I have to thank each and everyone one of you very, very special people for all the kinds words and support. You really have no idea how much it means and how much it is helping. Between battling the flu for the past several days, and being upset about the weight battle as well, I was pretty down in the dumps and very down on myself. Reading through the posts here and all the pm's I received, I realized what a great group of people we have here and how lucky we all are to have found each other. I am confident I am going to get back on track. I have an appointment with my doctor and his nutritionist the first week in January. I have started tracking what I am eating on the daily plate to help get myself back on track. Due to still fighting the flu and being laid up on my couch with it, I have not been back to the gym. But, as soon as I recover, dh and dd have agreed to help motivate me and we are all going to go together. So, with the help of all of you and my wonderful family, I know I can conquer this once and for all.

Okay, I am done with the sappiness now and return you back to your regularly scheduled posting just to post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fanny, you are one brave woman handling all those snakes! That is something I could never in a million years do.

As for mother-in-laws, my first one was very, very controlling of my kids and my then husband. I do no miss her at all. My father-in-law was an entirely different story. He was wonderful and I miss him very much. I never see my new mil due to a lot of very deep issues between her and dh, so no problems for me there.

Ebony, it sounds like things are going very well for you, congrats!!! Froggi, how are you doing?

I am not sure I want to see any man in leather diapers, it sounds kind of scary to me.

Plain, the new avatar is great!!!!

Susan, great to hear. Keep the tracking going and that may help you figure it out on your own. At least it will give the dr and nutritionist something to work with.

Now, let's see, Beth are you from Virginia? You are a Redskins fan, are you? Cuz that would be worse than a Gnats fan that hides out in Cowboys country pretending to be a real football fan.:cursing:

Susan, I am glad to see you're feeling more confident. It's such a shame that this is a life long battle for all of us. It would be so wonderful if the band could do something for head hunger and cravings. I have been guzzling Water like crazy thinking if I slosh around enough, I won't think about food.< /p>

Fanny those snakes are nasty looking. I can't even believe you were holding them.

I'm doing well. Healing nicely. I just started exercising again today well like walking for an extended period of time. Bout 20 minutes today and I got tired and dizzy. I started full liquids yesterday. As of now I am still at surgery weight which is 363 The day after surgery I had ballooned up to 374 due to IVs and such...after about 1 or 2 more days I was back down to 363 and haven't moved since then. I am hoping the scales will start to move soon. I am 8 days post op and loving it. I see my surgeon for my 2 week post op visit on Monday.

Susan, great to hear. Keep the tracking going and that may help you figure it out on your own. At least it will give the dr and nutritionist something to work with.

Now, let's see, Beth are you from Virginia? You are a Redskins fan, are you? Cuz that would be worse than a Gnats fan that hides out in Cowboys country pretending to be a real football fan.:cursing:

I am a fan of none. Can't stand sports (unless it's guys in leather g-strings and capes, of course, but none of y'all are brave enough to do that, lol), but I was a Texan for 27 years. If it came down between the Cowboys and the Redskins, I would probably root for the Cowboys. And I only say "probably" because did I mention I can't stand sports? B)

Susan, I'm really glad to hear that you have gotten your head clear and will be doing right by yourself. I knew you could and would. :cursing:

PJTP: Okay, I about had a freakin' heart attack not long ago.

I just came from my first post-op doctor visit, and everything went very well -- so well, in fact, that they're putting me on mushies a few days early.

Anyway, the doc and I went over my procedure (I even got PICS of my insides before, during, and after I was banded!!), and we were talking about slippage and what can cause it, yada yada.

Anyway, I'm driving home and getting close to my subdivision, and I lean down to get something out of a compartment under my radio and hear and feel *POP!* Omg, I about died! I'm thinking it's my band, but it didn't feel like my band, omg, was that my band, please tell me that wasn't my band, but if it was my band, wouldn't I have felt something different, but omg, it happened about the place my band is, omg, omg, omg.

I get home and I'm feeling around... it was the underwire (which I think is plastic) in my bra. :cursing: