Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just had my last appointment with surgeon and nutritionist. lost 14.3 lbs since may 29th! submitting to insurance today!!! wooo!!!! it feels so real!

On 06/19/2018 at 15:33, saygrace said:

just had my last appointment with surgeon and nutritionist. lost 14.3 lbs since may 29th! submitting to insurance today!!! wooo!!!! it feels so real!
Congrats! Hope you get your date soon!

@ALFxRNY i should hear back within 10-15 business days, but I requested end of july (that’s when my mom is off work and timing works best) so it’ll be a little bit of a wait anyway! still exciting though!

On 06/19/2018 at 15:36, saygrace said:

@ALFxRNY i should hear back within 10-15 business days, but I requested end of july (that’s when my mom is off work and timing works best) so it’ll be a little bit of a wait anyway! still exciting though!
End of July isn’t so far off though. I got approved in May and scheduled for a June 28th surgery date. Time has flew by, I’m currently on day 2 of my liquid diet and my surgery is next week! And hopefully you will hear back before the 10-15 days. My surgeon called me maybe a week before I got my actual approval letter to tell me that I was approved. Best wishes and I hope you get the date that you want 😊

22 minutes ago, saygrace said:

That's awesome, congrats!!!

18 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:

End of July isn’t so far off though. I got approved in May and scheduled for a June 28th surgery date. Time has flew by, I’m currently on day 2 of my liquid diet and my surgery is next week! And hopefully you will hear back before the 10-15 days. My surgeon called me maybe a week before I got my actual approval letter to tell me that I was approved. Best wishes and I hope you get the date that you want 😊

I plan on calling and bugging about 3-4 days after we submit to insurance and then every business day after. I'm gonna make them approve it just to get rid of me... HAaha

31 minutes ago, saygrace said:

Yay!!!

On 06/19/2018 at 15:59, Chrisb428 said:

I plan on calling and bugging about 3-4 days after we submit to insurance and then every business day after. I'm gonna make them approve it just to get rid of me... HAaha

You gotta do what you gotta do! 😂😂😂 My paper work was submitted on a Tuesday and I believe they called me that Friday. It was definitely quicker than a week which they said approval takes a week here in CT

Mid-Month Member Count/Status:

29 Members - Surgery Complete
32 Members - Scheduled and Ready To Go!
43 Members - Waiting for Date/Haven't Updated

104 Members have checked in for Summer Surgeries!

On 06/19/2018 at 16:11, Ylime said:

When you started this thread, did you ever think it would get this big?

1 minute ago, ALFxRNY said:
4 minutes ago, Ylime said:

lol no! I just wanted to meet a few people having surgery around the same time as me. But then everyone came out of the woodwork!!

On 06/19/2018 at 16:16, Ylime said:

lol no! I just wanted to meet a few people having surgery around the same time as me. But then everyone came out of the woodwork!!

I love it though! Everyone bonding over their dates and processes to getting approved. You started a whole family! I wonder how everyone who has had surgery already are doing

5 days post-op now. Just started full liquids. Recovery not so bad. First 2 days was painful to get out of bed. Everyday was so much better then the day before. Stomach still tender and still a little painful to drink. Baby sips still.

On 06/19/2018 at 16:33, Crcountry said:

5 days post-op now. Just started full liquids. Recovery not so bad. First 2 days was painful to get out of bed. Everyday was so much better then the day before. Stomach still tender and still a little painful to drink. Baby sips still.
Glad you are healing up well! All you can do is take it one day at a time right? 😊

54 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
1 hour ago, Chrisb428 said:

You gotta do what you gotta do! 😂😂😂 My paper work was submitted on a Tuesday and I believe they called me that Friday. It was definitely quicker than a week which they said approval takes a week here in CT

Every time I see someone post "anyone else having surgery on such a d such date"...... I always say you should go check out the summer surgery buddies post. One of our members even took the time to make a list of everyone's surgery dates..... I hope I end up having someone the same time as me. I'll end up being a surgery orphan...lol