Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am almost a month out and I have lost around 22lbs but I am struggling with eating I want to all the time and I want to eat more than I should and my diet consists of mostly Proteins but I am craving sweets what can I do I am thinking I need to go back to Soup and yogurt for awhile. Ugh the struggle is real anyone else struggling like I am.

Just ask yourself ... "DOES ANYTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS BEING SLIMMER WILL EVENTUALLY FEEL?"

Then repeat the above question again and again ...

I keep telling me myself that I am in control and that the food isn’t. Yeah time to step back and take control. Tomorrow is a new day.

Yogurts and Soups will NOT help you doll. They are slider foods and won't fill you up! They pass through your new anatomy very quickly. The denser and more solid the Protein or veg. The more texture they have, the more filling it is and the more it stays with you.

If you're hungry, eat more protein - dense protein. Try a hb egg and a cheese stick. Almost impossible to be hungry after that meal/snack at 1 month. You probably won't be able to finish it.

If a hard boiled egg doesn't sound good to you? Then it's head hunger, rather than true hunger.

Also, when hungry, try Water loading. Sip your water quickly until it fills your tummy up. Then wait a minute or two until you can hear it draining, and then continue to take a sip-wait, sip-wait, sip-wait. Then reassess your hunger in 20 minutes. Works almost ALL the time for me! Plus it helps you get your fluids in. So many of us mistake thirst for hunger!

Hope that helps!!

I'm doing my 3 month pre-op diet now. I am doing low carb so I've eliminated soda, sweets, bread, Pasta, etc. I still get the sweet cravings though. My go to is Dole Dippers. They're in the frozen fruit section. They're little dark chocolate covered fruit (strawberry, pineapple, or banana), It's just enough sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth without going crazy. The banana one (which is my favorite) is 9 net carbs and 100cal per pack. That's what helps me and believe me I LOVE my sugar and carbs.

I would stay away from high carb fruits and foods in general. The more carbs you eat it seems like the more the craving intensifies.

Many of us struggle with sweets problems.

I like Fluffy’s advice.

I’ve had a couple rough days where all I wanted to do was eat...also the sweet craving. What helps me is drinking Water with some of the Mios flavor drops. Also my favorite nightcap sweet is a Decaf coffee latte with half a Caramel Premier Protein shake.

Sleeved 3/12/18, HW 270, SW 253, CW 238, GW 160, 5’9”

Decaf+1/2 caramel Premier Protein is delicious, love it!

I think it is head hunger for sure! I am a stress eater and lately things have been a little crazy and I think that is my problem. I’m not much of a hard boiled egg fan but I do like scrambled eggs so I will try that. Thanks for the advice everyone. How much is everyone down?

14 hours ago, Jlynnwill813 said:

So I am almost a month out and I have lost around 22lbs but I am struggling with eating I want to all the time and I want to eat more than I should and my diet consists of mostly Proteins but I am craving sweets what can I do I am thinking I need to go back to Soup and yogurt for awhile. Ugh the struggle is real anyone else struggling like I am.

I'm not sure I understand why you want to go back to Soups and yogurt -- how will this diminish cravings for sweets? And congrats on 22#s in less than a month -- that is fantastic!!

Edited by Apple203

duplicate

Edited by Apple203

59 minutes ago, Jlynnwill813 said:

How much is everyone down?

I have another 7 days to reach 1 month, and I am down 17# since surgery.