Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will I know if something gets stuck

ohhh...So if something gets stuck really bad they have to unfill the band? Thats something I havent heard....eeek

She didn't give a lot of details about it, I suppose something with a hard outer coating like a mcnugget could probably get stuck...especially if you try to swallow it through and it doesn't want to go. :paranoid

I feel better after reading this... Well kinda... I've been having problems with the level of restriction in my band lately and I thought maybe something is stuck but thought it'd dissolve after awhile. But after reading this I know it's not something stuck. I'm sure I'm swollen from pb'ing but I haven't even been able to keep liquids down so I guess I have to have an unfill. :think I'm self pay and it's killing me to know that I have to pay another $200+ to have an unfill of what I paid $200+ to have done a few months ago!! :angry Oh well, at least I'll be able to eat and drink again! I just hope that they can get me in tomorrow!!!

I am so glad that the first year of fills is included in my self-pay amount. It sounds like it could be quite expensive to get the right level of restriction. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

I feel your pain, Christiana(pocketbook and otherwise). I'm lucky to have had my insurance cover my banding, or I wouldn't have had it done.

The way I know could explain it is the worst pain you have ever had then X's it by 10. I have had it happen a few times and just about everytime I eat I think about it and I chew chew chew. I hate the feeling.

Hey everybody,

I've been banded for 6 days and today I started feeling weak and almost fainted. I also suffer from panic attacks, so I'm not sure if it was one or the other. I also have a cold. I have to go to the Dr. on Tuesday.

I am having enough Protein. I put that whey powder in everything and I put milk,plain yogurt,and fruit for my dinner.< /p>

What could this be?

the few times that i've had something stuck, i chew 2 papaya enzyme tablets and that helps tremendously!!!!!!! i've seen them at GNC and the Vitamin shop......they taste good too

eileen

pineapple. It has enzymes in it that will dissolve food. If you've ever stirred pineapple pieces into yoghurt, you'll know what I'm talking about. meat tenderizer is another one that I've heard.

Thank you very much for the pineapple tip. I've been stuck for two days and was about to go in for an unfill, but amazingly, the pineapple juice worked. I got a fill about seven days ago. It went fine. liquids for a day then back to "normal" food. Five days later, (Saturday) I ate part of a boiled potato. It got stuck. PB'd but I didn't feel like eating for the rest of the night. I was able to drink Water, however. the next morning, I had a Protein shake then ate some roasted meat at around noon. Something got stuck. I made it all come back up. Everything. But after that, not even Water would go down. I tried, warm water, salty water, milk, chicken Soup, coffee, and Protein drinks. It all just sat there. I could tell nothing was going down, and after about 30 minutes I would be tired of just burping the stuff, so I'd make it come back. Today was the second day of having nothing. I could feel I was starting to get dehydrated. I was about to call the doc to set up an unfill, when I decided to get on this site to hunt for options. I saw the pineapple tip, and wouldn't you know it . . .IT WORKED? It sat in there for a few minutes. I went to the bathroom anticipating that I was going to have to bring it back up just like the others. As I started to "assume the position" I felt a different type of "gurgle" and a different burp come up . . . like it came from beyond the pouch. Relief.

I'll have Soup and water for the next couple of days. I've never been so thankful and ravenous for mere soup and water.:hungry:

pineapple does the trick! thank you so much.

I hoped, prayed, read every post about sushi - I thought if I could just eat sushi I don't care about anything else. Then, my second day back on solids, a week after my last fill - the worst, most horrible feeling after a piece of sushi when I was having dinner with my parents. Luckily, my mom had canned pineapple and I remembered this thread - so I drank a tiny bit of the juice and it helped! No more sushi rice for me. I will allow myself to mourn for a tiny bit - that's all. By the way the pineapple juice works wonders. I am so glad I remembered this thread!