Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 Hours to A Day of Hope!!!

In just 2 days I go to take part in a Bariatric Seminar at Ohio State University- Wexner Medical Center. Those of you who have followed my story know I have not had a smooth journey toward Bariatric Surgery, instead it has had as many knots as a paracord Bracelet. One of the biggest and lumpiest was completely finishing all requirements of a bariatic program (at a Center of Excellence hospital, no less) and then having all 3 surgeons refuse to complete my surgery. The excuse I was given (in my mind) holds about as much Water as a minnie bucket so I refuse to given it credence on this forum today. I will listen to their program and speakers with a calm adult attitude, will see if it meets fully with my future plans and desires. But inside me still lurks a 6-year child crying with a broken heart. She keeps saying "Why does nobody love me? I am a good person, a worthy person. Why does nobody love me?"And the adult me wants to hug her, tell her everything will be alright. But I can't, I can't touch her, I can't reach her. So I will sit quietly, all surrounding me will think I am at peace, but inside there will still be turmoil and many unaswered questions. Please my Barifriends bond with me in this endeavor. I believe this is the right time in my life, I am committed for the right reasons, I understand it will not be an easy way out of a complex situation. But I do want to go forward, I realize there will be a lifetime change in my life. Well I do not know how many additional years of life I will be granted but I plan to live them to the utmost of my abilities. I have prayed I be given this 1 more chance-- for it is my intention to work for my future with every breath of my being. I promise to update my story as it plays out in future days.

Thank you each and everyone!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

-Hugs-

Wow I am here for you, I hope everything gets straightened out. Also as random and strange as this whole thing is I am also in Columbus Ohio! My surgery is through Riverside (I work for Ohiohealth) but I have had several friends go through the program at OSU and I know what a great program it is. I am sure things are going to work out, I am pulling for you and here for you. Try to stay strong in your conviction, and keep us updated!

I have an appointment with Riverside Saturday the 10th If OSU doesn't work out. Will you have Dr Rana or Dr Sonnenstein, hmm I'm not sure if I spelled his right.? You probably can figure out Mount Carmel screwed me over. After all this happened I even made a tentative with my local hospital KCH aka the local bandaid station. They just started up limited bariatric last Thanksgiving. All they do as of yet is lap band and sleeve, I don't want a sleeve, I want the quicker weight loss of RnY, I have moderate GERD, gastritis and Hector my baby ulcer. Hector came from too many NSAID, I was taking 3-4 per dose for my arthritis. I have had the Big A since I was 25, started out being double jointed, if you are you run an 85% chance of early onset arthritis. I have 2 knee replacements, should have had a left ankle fusion back in 1978 when I had an avulsion fracture of my tib-fib, Grant was to blame for that, had my right thumb operated on in 2016, have a plate and 12 screws in my upper right humerus, a Workman comp case from 2010. Oh I'm a bashed up broad, aren't I? But I'm going there optimistic and will try to listen with as open ears as I can summon. M C promised they would release all my records on proper forms submitted. They owe me at least that, d*** their dirty little hides. I don't know what else OSU will require, hope it isn't too much so I can get this surgery under my belt,so to speak. My class reunion is going to be this August,I would like to look so good nobody recognizes me. If you look around to my other postings you'll see I'm pretty level headed and I give very good advice. At any rate thank you for being my friend,I never can have too many of those.

Kakatlady...you need an advocate to go with you and explain how your previous reasons for denial were an error. If you go in by yourself you'll hit the same wall again. Doctors will take the word of other doctors and put you on the defensive...and it will not go well from there. You need a doctor in your corner saying surgery can work for you. Please consider holding off on more appointments until you can find a mental health advocate to help you explain your circumstances and advocate for you.

Thank you Your advice hits on the subject at hand, I'm sure I can find someone else whose credentials are equal to this task. I do know someone, but alas not a Ph.D, another with a medical license instead. Does this person outrank the other? Perhaps only comparable, Wiley Coyote called himself Genius at Work, surely I'm as good as a cartoon carnivore. I still will venture forth for my cause, now to enlist this personage before too much time elapses. I am, in my way, as worthy as those who have gone before me.As Don Quixote did, I have my own windmills to battle.