Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor call me and is sending my case as urgent to insurance due to stomach pains I've been having and an egd positive for Barrett's Esophagus. I didn't have it before my original surgery. Anyone ever been is this type of situation? Will this expedite the approval process? I have blue shield of california insurance.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

It was RNY but i only lost 50 pounds with that surgery in 2006. This will be an overstitch procedure.

I was sure you were going to say you had vsg and was revising to bypass. I haven't heard of someone having Barrett's after bypass. I am very curious about this. I am interested in knowing what the surgeon says about this. I myself am getting ready to revise to bypass from Vsg before I end up with Barrett's myself.

I'm sorry...I don't have any input on the insurance question

I was sure you were going to say you had vsg and was revising to bypass. I haven't heard of someone having Barrett's after bypass. I am very curious about this. I am interested in knowing what the surgeon says about this. I myself am getting ready to revise to bypass from Vsg before I end up with Barrett's myself.

I'm sorry...I don't have any input on the insurance question

He said he had never heard of Barretts after a bypass but he called my insurance and got my case approved same day we applied due to that and the continuation of gerd. Surgery date is 3/20!

Did he offer an explanation as to why acid reflux occurred after bypass? This is disheartening to hear since I'm getting ready to revise. I know it's probably not the norm but I have been suffering horribly for 2 years now and want rid of it. Just the thought there's a possibility I would not get rid of it scares the crap out of me. I would seriously lose my mind.

Did he offer an explanation as to why acid reflux occurred after bypass? This is disheartening to hear since I'm getting ready to revise. I know it's probably not the norm but I have been suffering horribly for 2 years now and want rid of it. Just the thought there's a possibility I would not get rid of it scares the crap out of me. I would seriously lose my mind.

No. My surgery wasnt exactly performed correctly so thats probably why this happened with me.

I paid cash went in his office and scheduled surgery for 2 days later i was very young and just wanted to lose weight dont really know if he was experienced.

Oh okay...feel bad for you. Was your surgeon not experienced?

He left some sort of loop where food sat. Long story. Just make sure you have a good surgeon. And i think most people on here are involved and informed i was none of those things. The nurse told me i could eat whatever i wanted because my body wouldnt absorb the calories.

Yikes. Hope this helps. I have a very experienced surgeon. 20+ years This will make the forth surgery he's done on me and he hasn't killed me yet so I think I'll be okay. Lol

Any news on your revision nikki2524? Are you feeling any better? That's strange, that nurse telling you since your body wouldn't use the calories to go ahead and eat anything. Doesn't sound like any Bariatric nurse I've ever met.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, i was approved and surgery is 3/20. Starting liquid diet Tuesday. The doctor said he will repeat the upper endoscopy in one year and biopsy to monitor the Barrets. I also have a hiatal hernia so he said we can also look at that.

Any recommendations on how to get through the liquid diet i didn't do one with my original surgery. Ive heard Premier seems to be a lot of peoples favorite.