Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I still lose this weight? How long approx?

Hi everyone! (Month before shakes 354, pre surgery 309, current weight is 254)

So last few days I’ve been doing 400-800 calories, 60+ Protein and 40 or less carbs and my full 8 glasses of Water a day, I’ve lost 10 pounds in 5 days, which is awesome because I’ve been stalled for a bit, I was 309 prior to surgery and now I’m 354, I wanna get down to 199. I’m 8 months out of surgery, is it possible to lose it by June? I just feel like it’s not gonna come off how it should now because I’ve stalled and haven’t lost as much as I should. I’m just scared and worried it won’t be off before summer because that’s my goal. I’m doing chicken, fish, meat for protein, veggies (made cabbage Soup too), cheese, and yogurt (no sugar and I add stevia)

i just still feel discouraged. I’m 24 if that also helps. Will the weight still come off quick even though I’m 8 months out?

Edited by LetsDoThisAgain

Out of curiosity...what's going on in June?

I'm no expert or anything...but I think losing 155 pounds by June is awfully unlikely.

I feel like I'm getting some conflicting data here.... Before surgery you were 309...then you lost some weight....but then regained to 354 in the last eight months? Is that correct? Can you clarify your stats? That might help.

Could that have been a typo? Are you 254?

Edited by Creekimp13

Just clarify - are you 354 or 254 right now?

First off, congrats on your awesome loss:)

Could you lose 55 pounds in 4 months? That's a tough call.

In the last 8 months you've lost 55 pounds....but you had the benefit of being immediately post surgery, and you weighed more (so weight loss by volume should have been easier than now)

My gut feeling here is that you're hoping for a result that isn't realistic.

That said, there's no harm in trying hard and seeing what happens, right?

What happens in June?

Good luck:)

I guess I just wanted to be at goal for summer, I’ve also been burning 300-400 calories per night cycling, it’s just I guess I feel like I’m never gonna get there, and it’s just disheartening, but I know if I revert back to old habits I’ll gain what I’ve lost back, but I guess I’m just looking for a time frame

I don't think there's a person here who can't identify with and empathize with feeling disheartened when the scale doesn't move as fast as we'd like.

But here's the thing...no matter how long it takes, or how quickly you get the weight off...even after you arrive at goal weight.....you still have to figure out how to live with your eating habits and lifestyle changes. They're not temporary. They're not just until you lose weight....they're forever. That's the real goal. Changing the habits.

Rather than working on getting the weight off as fast as you can....maybe it would be more constructive long term to work on developing a healthy diet you like and can live with? Maybe find some exercise that you enjoy that makes life more fun? Find an exercise friend. Find some recipes that are both really healthy and really delicious.

Lifelong lifestyle changes are so challenging. But baby steps add up, you know?

Just keep trying every day.

I think you can do this. You've already proven you're pretty tough and pretty determined. Don't forget to take credit for what you've already accomplished.

Wishing you the best.

Edited by Creekimp13

You can't put a frame on time, it's like organizing a drill team of earthworms, very fruitless and frustrating. Instead try to face the remaining time until June with a cheerful frame of mind. Get your fluids in, don't forget to also to get adequate Protein and exercise. Exercise doesn't have be a fancy schmansy gym it can be something as simple as making laps --walking inside or outside your house. Smile it will make you look prettier and the confidence will make you fun to be around. You've done a lot and you're going to do even more great things. There are no boundaries unless you impose them on yourself. God Bless

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I can empathize with you. It’s tough when you have lost so much weight but are still so far from your goal. You are doing so well, try to focus on everything you have accomplished and how far you have come already!

Even if you lost half of what you want by June that’s a pretty large loss in that time frame. If you keep doing what you are doing you will reach your goal in your own time.

I encourage you to set a goal that isn't measured by weight loss, but by behavior--like having a plan and sticking to it. Then you'll know you've done everything you could, and your body weight isn't always within your control. I would have a hard time maintaining a 400-800 calorie per day intake. It would ultimately be too low for me, and I know from past experience that our bodies can go into "starvation mode" when caloric intake is really low--essentially, holding onto our fat and weight to slow starvation of the body down. Everyone has to find their own working level, so you might be right on target for yourself, but I'd check in with a nutritionist. I am aiming for 1000-1200 calories these days, weight loss has slowed a bit, but it's more realistic for the long term.

How much Protein are you eating? It is very important for weight loss and for you to be healthy.
I agree with what has been said about life style, I am have a convention from sleeve to RNY. Lost 140 lbs with sleeve. But went back to how I used to eat and gain 70 lbs back. This time I am going to focus on life style change so when I finally make it to my goal ( witch I have never made it to). I will be able to keep it off

Good luck