Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining less than 2 months out!!!

I had surgery on Dec 26, 2017. I’ve lost only 21lbs since surgery, and 34 total. I got down to 173 and stayed there for a whole week, so I think it wasn’t scale error. But now I’m at 179 and have stayed here for over a week, so it can’t just be Water weight. I went up 6 lbs literally over night, not gradually. This is worse than a plateau!! I’m less than two months out. Could my weight loss be over?

I stay under 1,200 caps and over 65 Protein a day. I don’t drink as much water as I should, but I’ve increased water a lot from pre-surgery. I try to keep carbs under 50 a day. I work out for an hour five times per week and definitely feel stronger. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but from what I’ve read on line, one can only gain 0.5-1 lb of muscle per week, so I have a hard time believing a six lb weight gain is all muscle. What is going on????

PS. 1200 Cals May sound high, but with my work outs, and the fact that I rarely eat 1,200 and am usually around 1,000, I don’t think the calories can be to blame.

2 hours ago, Lotte22 said:

I had surgery on Dec 26, 2017. I’ve lost only 21lbs since surgery, and 34 total. I got down to 173 and stayed there for a whole week, so I think it wasn’t scale error. But now I’m at 179 and have stayed here for over a week, so it can’t just be Water weight. I went up 6 lbs literally over night, not gradually. This is worse than a plateau!! I’m less than two months out. Could my weight loss be over?

I stay under 1,200 caps and over 65 Protein a day. I don’t drink as much Water as I should, but I’ve increased water a lot from pre-surgery. I try to keep carbs under 50 a day. I work out for an hour five times per week and definitely feel stronger. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but from what I’ve read on line, one can only gain 0.5-1 lb of muscle per week, so I have a hard time believing a six lb weight gain is all muscle. What is going on????

PS. 1200 Cals May sound high, but with my work outs, and the fact that I rarely eat 1,200 and am usually around 1,000, I don’t think the calories can be to blame.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/351046-embrace-the-stall/#comment-3952027

Your weight is going to fluctuate, mine still does. Do not weight yourself everyday or you will go insane. You are still very early into this process, your weight loss is certainly not over, that would be absurd. Just keep doing right and the weight will come off, it simply has to.