Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

35 bmi anyone????

yes me i am exactly same stats bmi 35 and high blood pressure i just had to appeal my insurance decision because my surgeon sent for approval with out a letter of necessity so that was sent in today so hoping for approval soon if not i will be going to mexico to get it done.

yes me i am exactly same stats bmi 35 and high blood pressure i just had to appeal my insurance decision because my surgeon sent for approval with out a letter of necessity so that was sent in today so hoping for approval soon if not i will be going to Mexico to get it done.

We go thru a lot of stress. I have several joint pain and i have a history of tachycardia with hospitalization. Im schedule for march 12. Im praying for that aproval [emoji24]

My BMI was under 35 but rapidly creeping up towards it when I consulted with bariatric surgeons in LA. They were all pessimistic that I'd be covered even if my BMI reached 35, and even though I had high blood pressure at the time as well as PCOS and Addison's disease (which requires you to take steroids that make you pack on weight). I had Blue Shield of CA then (2015). They still would have performed the surgery on me, but I would have been responsible for the cost, which ranged from $29,000 to $35,000 at their offices. An insurance coordinator said that even if I was approved for coverage, my portion of the expenses would be around $5,000.

I just went to Mexico instead. $4200 in total, which included two nights at the Marriott. I had no hoops to jump through prior to surgery. I picked the exact week I wanted the surgery, to fit with my schedule. I had a really positive experience and no complications. I exceeded my goal and have been maintaining at my "dream" weight for more than a year now. My BMI is 19.5. I think my surgery was just as successful as it would have been if I'd gotten it done by a local surgeon.

So don't lose hope if your insurance denies you!

I ended up paying 12k for my surgery. I was exactly at 35 BMI. Wish now I had gone to Mexico. .....but I was too scared from the horror stories. Glad it worked out for you!
I'm 7 mo post op and only 25 lbs to go till goal weight!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I was 35 bmi, with 2 comorbidities, but I ended up paying cash in FL. My insurance required a 2 year history of 35, and while I had 5 of the last 6 years , (2012,2013,2014,2015 and 2017), I wouldn't be covered because I was slightly below in 2016.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Clementine Sky said:

My BMI was under 35 but rapidly creeping up towards it when I consulted with bariatric surgeons in LA. They were all pessimistic that I'd be covered even if my BMI reached 35, and even though I had high blood pressure at the time as well as PCOS and Addison's disease (which requires you to take steroids that make you pack on weight). I had Blue Shield of CA then (2015). They still would have performed the surgery on me, but I would have been responsible for the cost, which ranged from $29,000 to $35,000 at their offices. An insurance coordinator said that even if I was approved for coverage, my portion of the expenses would be around $5,000.

I just went to Mexico instead. $4200 in total, which included two nights at the Marriott. I had no hoops to jump through prior to surgery. I picked the exact week I wanted the surgery, to fit with my schedule. I had a really positive experience and no complications. I exceeded my goal and have been maintaining at my "dream" weight for more than a year now. My BMI is 19.5. I think my surgery was just as successful as it would have been if I'd gotten it done by a local surgeon.

So don't lose hope if your insurance denies you!

what dr did you use in mexico