Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Dec 19th and am entering my 4th week. However I think I have hit the infamous “stall”. I barely lost a pound this week (lost 2 lbs last week) and am disheartened. I have been following my diet and even under eating bc I can’t drink all the fluids and Protein Shakes as directed. I’ve been exercising everyday and have full energy. I know it’s something that happens but any suggestions to help jumpstart will be welcome!

I hit mine about the 3 weeks mark as well. Went back to work and things got a messed up. Think I only lost 1.5lbs all week.
Just get back to Protein and lots of it, and you will rebound.
Protein is the key rather than new foods

Right there with you. Mine was 10/23 and I lost 25 pretty quickly, then have been within 2-3 lbs. since. My doc said I was definitely not eating enough, so I have really ramped up the Protein Shakes.

I also added Benefiber to my drinks the last couple of weeks and that has helped.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m going to give it a go!! Happy thoughts!!

Undereating is the cause of a stall more often than the solution. You likely need to up your calories a bit.

Being told all my life to cut down on calories in order to lose weight makes it so hard to process that now I have to eat more calories to lose weight. Maybe they should offer a lobotomy to go with the sleeve.

I find that I’m drinking Water all day and because it takes me so long to eat, It feels like I’m also eating all day. So I get nervous that I’m eating to much. I’m keeping a food journal so I can see what I’m eating. I know everyone is different but what are your eating schedules if any. Here is mine:

8:30 - soft boiled egg, 1/4 c cream of wheat ( 1/2 hour to eat then I have my coffe about 1/2 after)

10:30 - Protein Shake (1hour to drink)

1:00 - 2oz Deli Turkey, 1tbsp cooked veggies

3:00 - Protein shake (right when I come back from the gym)

5:00 - 2 oz meat, 1/4 c cooked veggies (depends on what meat and veggie I make for dinner but I generally eat the same thing)

7:30/8:00 - homemade oatmeal protein muffin (no flour-recipe found on Pinterest)

all the while I’m not drinking water until 1/2 after I eat but I do drink up until I eat. Phew!

For this week and the first half of next week it'll be:

5:45 am - Protein Shake (made with 1 c 1% milk)

9 am - 5 oz Greek yogurt

12 noon - 3/4 c pureed vegetable lentil Soup

3 pm - string cheese

7 pm - baby food meat (chicken or turkey), 1 c 1% milk

That's 78 grams of Protein, and my goal is 60-76 per day.

We'll see what soft foods brings when I start that a week from tomorrow.

I am four weeks post surgery tomorrow. I started my stall at two weeks, right when I got home from the Southern city where I had the surgery. For 10 days I was within 1/2 pound of the weight when I got home - it was a bit depressing.

But it is moving again - some days up 200g (on what I eat! I don’t even think my food WEIGHS 200g!) and last night I lost a pound in my sleep.

I can eat a reasonable amount already I think (I haven’t tested, but am not getting any ‘full’ feedback signals) so I am concentrating on the Protein. And admiring myself back in my Levi’s from three years ago, and a lovely top I haven’t worn for a similar time, back when my gastric band was still helping...

1 hour ago, Biddynz said:

some days up 200g (on what I eat! I don’t even think my food WEIGHS 200g!)

Yeah, that's what pissed me off when I gained almost a pound one day - it wasn't like I ate a dozen wings and an entire pizza for dinner the night before!