Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medications and vitamins

I'm 3 months post op, and I can't take my Vitamins. I try and try and try but they make me beyond sick so I just don't take them, I know it's bad but I just don't wanna be sick all day. Is there like an alternative? Like some sort of shot I can take that has all of my vitamins. Or what can I do? I'm sooo lost. My hair is falling out like crazy and my body is just so depressed and weak still. I don't know what's wrong with me

Here's some questions I would ask (no need to answer them all, just to think about):

• Have you tried different brands?
  • Have you tried different types (liquid, chewable, Gummy, etc)?
  • Have you tried them with food (or without food if you are doing with food)?
  • Have you tried taking less? My program says to take double doses but I couldn't do that at first so I didn't.
  • Do you know what is causing the issue? Like does it automatically make you vomit or does it take a while for you to get sick? At first, mine were way, way too big and I couldn't get them down with enough Water.

I used to take the Celebrate chewables. I know what you mean, though. Right after surgery I could not stand the taste of them and they made me feel sick for the next half hour. Part of it was mental - I had myself so worked up because I hated the taste that I know that made it worse than it probably was. After my "everything tastes like crap" phase they didn't bother me. The orange flavored ones were actually pretty decent.

When you take them with food how are you doing it? Before eating? During? After? And why are you "not allowed" to take gummies? Simply because your doctor doesn't like them?

I've never used them but there are vitamin patches. The BP store has some and I'm sure you kind find them easily somewhere else: https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/patchmd