Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 16th surgery date!

I have my surgery date and I am so excited!!! Anyone else having surgery around the same time? I need a WLS buddy!!

Hi. Mine is on the 15th! So will be right there with you! I can’t believe it’s coming up but now I’m just focusing on trying to get through this pre-op liquid phase. Are you doing one?
Patty

Hi. Mine is on the 15th! So will be right there with you! I can’t believe it’s coming up but now I’m just focusing on trying to get through this pre-op liquid phase. Are you doing one?
Patty

My pre op diet starts tomorrow! That is the one thing I’m nervous about. I know it’s going to be tough but I also know it will be worth it. Keeping my eyes on the prize! I also plan to go through my fridge and pantry and toss or give away anything I won’t be eating in the next 6 weeks. I don’t even want to be tempted.

I'm on the 17th! Feel free to follow me on Instagram [emoji16]

Surgery due January 17th 2018

CW 238
GW 133

Instagram: jeez_sleevedlouise

Hi! I’m having surgery January 16th too. I am on liquids, Protein Shakes and specific veggies only. Anyone else? I am so glad this was required. I also have been off of all alcohol and on a restricted diet for the last 2 months. Here we go gang! I’m excited!

I have my surgery date and I am so excited!!! Anyone else having surgery around the same time? I need a WLS buddy!!

Hey! What’s your pre-op routine?

My pre op diet starts tomorrow! That is the one thing I’m nervous about. I know it’s going to be tough but I also know it will be worth it. Keeping my eyes on the prize! I also plan to go through my fridge and pantry and toss or give away anything I won’t be eating in the next 6 weeks. I don’t even want to be tempted.

I could have started today since they told me I needed 10 days but I started on the 2nd, in case I slipped up! But I’ve been good so far [emoji846] I won’t lie, it’s not easy. For me the headaches is what’s been the worst but they have gotten a little better. I did feel tired the first couple of days but was finally able to go to the gym on Thursday, which was good.
I like your idea of tossing things out....I think I’m gonna do that too. No pint in having it around. We’ll get through this! Let me know how your first day goes!

I could have started today since they told me I needed 10 days but I started on the 2nd, in case I slipped up! But I’ve been good so far [emoji846] I won’t lie, it’s not easy. For me the headaches is what’s been the worst but they have gotten a little better. I did feel tired the first couple of days but was finally able to go to the gym on Thursday, which was good.
I like your idea of tossing things out....I think I’m gonna do that too. No pint in having it around. We’ll get through this! Let me know how your first day goes!

I have to toss everything or I will be tempted lol. I am amazed you made it to the gym. Congrats! And you started the pre op diet early?! You are awesome!

I have to toss everything or I will be tempted lol. I am amazed you made it to the gym. Congrats! And you started the pre op diet early?! You are awesome!

Thanks! Will be starting day 7 and it’s been hard and easy at the same time. Easy because I don’t have to think about what I’m eating or preparing anything since I have about 3 things I can eat lol. It’s hard bc the cravings are still there and there is still that thought of self-sabotage. Like today, went to my dealership to get my car serviced and they had pizza and I was offered a piece.....I almost said yes.....and thought about eating it but I didn’t. Gotta take it almost hour by hour. How are you doing?

Thanks! Will be starting day 7 and it’s been hard and easy at the same time. Easy because I don’t have to think about what I’m eating or preparing anything since I have about 3 things I can eat lol. It’s hard bc the cravings are still there and there is still that thought of self-sabotage. Like today, went to my dealership to get my car serviced and they had pizza and I was offered a piece.....I almost said yes.....and thought about eating it but I didn’t. Gotta take it almost hour by hour. How are you doing?

That is a huge win for you!! pizza is my weakness so I can imagine how hard that was. Today was ok because I was very busy with clients. I feel like tomorrow is going to be much harder. Going to the movies with a group of friends. Most of them know what is going on so it should be ok but not having a snack at the theater is going to be hard! I’m packing a couple of sugar free jellos! I bought a journal today so that I can track how I’m feeling and what I eat. A friend of mine is coming over tomorrow to pick up all my food so it’s not here tempting me. Next goal is to stock up on Protein Water and broth for the first week. I already stocked up on Protein Shakes. Do you have to have special bariatric shakes or can you choose what to drink? The first doc I went to had special ones I would have to buy from his office but the doc I decided to go with allows me to choose as long as it meets the macro requirements.

I'm on day 5 and this is the first hard day for me. I want to eat. I have no energy and brain fog. Hopefully it gets better. I have everything I need and a plan but I want to eat junk food. pizza. Nachos. Donuts. coffee with cream sugar and Carmel flavor.... Trying to stay strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm on day 5 and this is the first hard day for me. I want to eat. I have no energy and brain fog. Hopefully it gets better. I have everything I need and a plan but I want to eat junk food. pizza. Nachos. Donuts. coffee with cream sugar and Carmel flavor.... Trying to stay strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

That all sounds delicious! What all can you eat for your pre op? Try to keep yourself busy. Instead of watching tv I am going to try reading a book. That way my hands are busy. Hopefully this week will go by really quickly!

Hi! I’m having surgery January 16th too. I am on liquids, Protein Shakes and specific veggies only. Anyone else? I am so glad this was required. I also have been off of all alcohol and on a restricted diet for the last 2 months. Here we go gang! I’m excited!

That sounds like a very strict diet. My pre op diet consists of two Protein Shakes and one small meal of non starchy veggies and a Protein source. I’m on day two and I’m so hungry! How are you doing
So far?!