Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 16th surgery date!

I was tired and cold for 2 days but then I rallied. Also, I added cups of warm bone broth (chicken) when ever I felt hungry between shakes. BINGO! Worked like a charm.

Broth is definitely helpful! That’s what I had for dessert lol. Are you excited? Nervous?

I am lucky to have a friend nearby that has gone to this exact doctor and had an incredible experience and fantastic success. (100 lb loss). In fact I will be the 10th person she has sent to this doctor.

Yes I get nervous but she is so darn positive that it’s contagious, I have talked to another person who had it done (different doctor) and she told me horrible stories of misery and Constipation. Here’s the thing... HER DOCTOR DIDNT HAVE HER DO THE liquid PRE-FAST. She went to McDonalds the night before!

Pass me the hot broth! I am happy to do this pre-op fast.

My friend also told me to get some Gas-X gels. She said to start taking them the day before (3 X day) and to melt them on your tongue after. This will prevent some of the gas pains that are typical (but can be painful) with abdominal surgery. And she said to get up and walk as soon and as much as you can afterwards.

We are going to do great!

Wow that is so awesome! I do have a couple people I know who just recently had surgery. Just saw one of them eating French fries and thought to myself that CANNOT be me post surgery!!! Thanks for the Gas X tip. I will be sure to get some. I have heard a lot of people experience gas pains afterwards. I am doing this as an outpatient procedure so as soon as I start walking around they are going to send me home. I am so glad I don’t have to stay in the hospital but I am also nervous. Luckily I have a friend who is a nurse and she is going to take care of me!!

So glad you have a nurse at hand - I am one of the "Crazy People" going out of the country to have this surgery. Yes, Mexico - The surgeon is internationally known and has a great reputation (and remember, my friend has taken numerous people down there to see him).

So I have the added stress of Passports and packing and schlepping stuff to the border next Monday for my pre-op testing. But my friend assures me that the care will be wonderful. I guess we stay at a nearby Hilton Hotel for 3 nights afterwards. I will be released on Friday.

I will be returning to work on MONDAY - how about you?

So glad you have a nurse at hand - I am one of the "Crazy People" going out of the country to have this surgery. Yes, Mexico - The surgeon is internationally known and has a great reputation (and remember, my friend has taken numerous people down there to see him).
So I have the added stress of Passports and packing and schlepping stuff to the border next Monday for my pre-op testing. But my friend assures me that the care will be wonderful. I guess we stay at a nearby Hilton Hotel for 3 nights afterwards. I will be released on Friday.
I will be returning to work on MONDAY - how about you?

I looked into Mexico and felt comfortable going there however the savings was not going to be enough for me to take the risk and added stress. I’m sure it will go great. I am surprised you are going back to work so soon! I plan to take two weeks off but I’m sure I’ll be working from home a bit

Wow that is so awesome! I do have a couple people I know who just recently had surgery. Just saw one of them eating French fries and thought to myself that CANNOT be me post surgery!!! Thanks for the Gas X tip. I will be sure to get some. I have heard a lot of people experience gas pains afterwards. I am doing this as an outpatient procedure so as soon as I start walking around they are going to send me home. I am so glad I don’t have to stay in the hospital but I am also nervous. Luckily I have a friend who is a nurse and she is going to take care of me!!

Preop Monday. Magnesium Citrate and Water. Clear Liquids all day. If your done colonoscopy prep this is doable. I prefer this, at least it's a good start. Still doing low carb high fat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I have never had a colonoscopy before but I will look into it. Thanks for the advice

Drink lots of Water with it

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Lindsay

glad you are on the mend. I came home on Thursday after completing a barium swallow to check for leaks or defects. There was 6 of us in the surgery group and we got to spend lots of time together. 4 women and 2 men. All of them were really nice and it was helpful to have each other around emotionally

But there was one interesting occurrence. One of the women was switching over from a lapband to the gastric sleeve. She was significantly thinner than the rest of us and only had about 30 lbs to lose. The night before surgery she was seen in the dining room eating a hamburger and fries. When I heard this, I thought she was crazy but there was a little part of me that thought the hamburger sounded good.

Glad I took the pre-op seriously. I am kinda hungry today - first time. I’m having Bone Broth and Protein Water. Definitely feeling better.

Hey Lindsay
glad you are on the mend. I came home on Thursday after completing a barium swallow to check for leaks or defects. There was 6 of us in the surgery group and we got to spend lots of time together. 4 women and 2 men. All of them were really nice and it was helpful to have each other around emotionally
But there was one interesting occurrence. One of the women was switching over from a lapband to the gastric sleeve. She was significantly thinner than the rest of us and only had about 30 lbs to lose. The night before surgery she was seen in the dining room eating a hamburger and fries. When I heard this, I thought she was crazy but there was a little part of me that thought the hamburger sounded good.
Glad I took the pre-op seriously. I am kinda hungry today - first time. I’m having bone broth and Protein Water. Definitely feeling better.

A hamburger the night before surgery? That sounds very strange and unhealthy. I would think everyone would have to be on a liquid only diet the day before surgery. But everyone is different. I can’t believe anyone would want to go through all this just for 30 lbs! I have yet to feel hungry. The liquids are keeping me full for now.