Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you still eat good complex carbs and have never regained?

Which ones do you eat (personally i'm terrified to experiment with this on my own so i'd rather ask others)

Good complex carbs-

Brown rice

oatmeal

Yams

Sweet potatoes

Beans

Starchy fruits

Etc.

How much of them do you eat?

I do:) here's a sample day from my week five plan that includes carbs:)

sample.jpg

sample.thumb.jpg.81cfe0a567554f4571a2f825223d5294.jpg

Love this!!! Thanks for including the sample. I guess the key is moderation, you're not eating them in every meal.

Pretty small amounts, too. They don't interfere with the total Protein, and calories stay between 1000-1200.

Had sourdough bread today in an open faced mozerella sandwich with basil and tomato...and sweet balsamic drizzle. OMG, so good!

A small one ounce slice of Sourdough bread has 80 calories and a whopping 4g of protein!

Here's my lunch today: 225 Calories 12 g protein

My afternoon snack will be protein heavy...I try to get at least 10-15g protein (often more) into each snack and meal.

sourdough.jpg

Edited by Creekimp13

Pretty small amounts, too. They don't interfere with the total Protein, and calories stay between 1000-1200.
Had sourdough bread today in an open faced mozerella sandwich with basil and tomato...and sweet balsamic drizzle. OMG, so good!
A small one ounce slice of Sourdough bread has 80 calories and a whopping 4g of protein!
Here's my lunch today: 225 Calories 12 g protein
My afternoon snack will be Protein heavy...I try to get at least 10-15g protein (often more) into each snack and meal.
sourdough.thumb.jpg.ecaa6980006d84d4105dd2562db63708.jpg

That looks good. So again just in moderation. And i'm sure you're picky about what carbs you're eating too.

Yes. I pick only low glycemic carbs...so I don't have sugar spikes that cause insulin spikes that cause rebound hunger.

I'm a big believer in balancing my animal Protein with plant protein, so I do complex carbs to achieve that...beans or peas plus brown rice usually. Great way to feel like you've had some comfort food while still getting your protein.

I make a really delicious vegetable Soup that I add wild rice and green pea Protein Powder to. Very filling, tastes delicious. Lots of phytonutrients from all the veggies, and you get complete amino acids (good protein) from the pea protein+wild rice.

I also eat animal protein in moderation. Love a good steak salad...but still a couple weeks away.

Tonight, I'm making chicken cordon blue. No breading. Just a smashed chicken breast with low fat swiss, low fat ham, and a little blue cheese. Protein extravaganza!

Yes. I pick only low glycemic carbs...so I don't have sugar spikes that cause insulin spikes that cause rebound hunger.
I'm a big believer in balancing my animal Protein with plant Protein, so I do complex carbs to achieve that...beans or peas plus brown rice usually. Great way to feel like you've had some comfort food while still getting your protein.
I make a really delicious vegetable Soup that I add wild rice and green pea Protein Powder to. Very filling, tastes delicious. Lots of phytonutrients from all the veggies, and you get complete amino acids (good protein) from the pea protein+wild rice.
I also eat animal protein in moderation. Love a good steak salad...but still a couple weeks away.
Tonight, I'm making chicken cordon blue. No breading. Just a smashed chicken breast with low fat swiss, low fat ham, and a little blue cheese. Protein extravaganza!

I love that. So you never feel deprived. That's so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing

On 1/5/2018 at 10:12 AM, Creekimp13 said:

sample.jpg

This seems like a very reasonable meal plan . . . it does a much better job of balancing fruits/veggies and Protein than I am currently doing. I can do carbs, too. My NUT actually told me to add more fruit to my diet. Creekimp13, did they tell you to do 1,000 - 1,200 calories during the losing phase? I'm trying to get my dietician on the phone today, so I can find out how many calories I am supposed to be eating right now. I have seen everything from 600 - 800 to 1000 - 1200.

For my first 6 months (I’m about 8 months now) I lost weight every day, even if a few ounces only. And I always feed my gut bacteria every day. They keep our immune systems thrumming, and they help your moods and stop your bad cravings. The good gut bacteria want you to eat potato, sweet potato, other starchy veg, and at first after surgery I fed them a tsp of inulin powder or potato starch put into my Protein Drink. Eventually I could add roasted root veg as the bite or two of carb after the Protein at my meal. That is how I do it.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, xoxococojay said:

How many of you still eat good complex carbs and have never regained?

Which ones do you eat (personally i'm terrified to experiment with this on my own so i'd rather ask others)

Good complex carbs-

Brown rice

oatmeal

Yams

Sweet potatoes

Beans

Starchy fruits

Etc.

How much of them do you eat?

I always ate healthy carbs. most of my carbs come from fruit/veggies. seeds. some Beans. some steel cut oats, some popcorn. I lost using balanced macros. 35%carb 25% fat, 40% Protein. Been maintaining for 6 months and have upped the carbs am probably closer to 40% carb now.