Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What couldn't you be without now?

2 hours ago, Molly23 said:

I asked my NUT about adding Vitamin B specifically since I've heard that before but she said a lot of the time when it's added it just results in high Vitamin B levels. I had my blood tested at 3 and 6 months and my vitamin levels were good so she said there's no need to add it. Forgot to mention that she is having me take two Flinstones per day, not sure if everyone's plan requires 2 daily Vitamins or not. That may also be why my levels are okay. Definitely take your NUT's advice but the Flinstones are so cheap it may be worth it to price out what it would cost to take them with the additional Vitamins too. I usually get two big bottles on Amazon for $25ish. They last about 3-4 months so compared to other vitamins that would be double that for one month I'm happy with them! :)

My surgeon also has me taking 2 Flintstones with Iron every day (also chewable pepcid for awhile). :) He also has his patients take a Calcium pill but long story, I can't take that so i get my calcium in my food. There is also some issue with absorption of B12 in the portion of the stomach that is left after gastric sleeve surgery so he gave me a choice of a B12 breath in type that has to be done every week or a once in a month shot that you give yourself..I had my husband give me the shot and that worked great. :)

On 12/29/2017 at 7:46 AM, SassyScienceNerd said:

I'm 8 months out and I'd say the most helpful gadgets are just ramekins and small containers. I bake little portions of casseroles in the ramekins, serve most of my meals in them, it's great for making sure I'm not cooking too much. (I throw away A LOT of wasted food these days). I love little containers for my lunches at work. Keeping my portions tiny helps me not to accidentally overeat which makes me miserable and sick.

I use a lot of ramekins too and other than my scale, they have become most valuable to me . I am a little funny about heating things at work in plastic so I found these super cute Pyrex glass ones with snap lids at the grocery store that I love too. I need to get a few more of those...

https://www.pyrexware.com/total-solution-pyrex-glass-food-storage-1-cup-round/1109308.html

you've done so great so far -- almost at your goal already - good for you. :) any easy go-to casserole recipes to share?

Edited by Jeannie49

Oh wow so many replies, I completely forgot I made this post haven't been on here for a while. Such helpful suggestions thank you everyone. I am now a proud owner of a nutri bullet so that's good, I have my fitness pal installed too, and have a looooad of plastic containers too! In regards to the Protein shakes/powders/water, I am from the uk so some brands may not be available here but I will definitely have a look! I'm glad this post has helped others. I'm on day 3 of my pre op diet at the moment so all i need right now is milk thank you again xxx

Surgery due January 17th 2018

CW 238
GW 133

Instagram: jeez_sleevedlouise

A package of plastic spoons came in handy.

I use my nutri ninja all the time as well. I also bought a lot of smaller plastic containers that have been useful.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:56 PM, DrDoughGirl said:

I love Protein2o as well. My biggest suggestion (and I'm about a week post-surgery) is to do your research for the first few weeks--shakes, Vitamins, etc. I tried different samples of shakes and Protein options. I was on Pinterest forever reading all sorts of different ideas. Of course you'll have a ton of ideas, but you'll just have to go through all the information and suggestions from everyone and take the ones that you feel are best for you.

After my research, I bought the shakes and drinks that I liked. Bought other things that I would be able to eat. So I had everything stocked and ready to go.

I will add that I tried the Tespo machine that gives you the liquid shots of Vitamins. I didn't care for it at all. I initially didn't think about the fact that you're only getting an allowance of 4 oz of liquid at a time, but you have multiple vitamins with the machine, which ended up being 6 oz or more. Just didn't seem worth it to me to take up my liquids with that.

I was wondering about the Tespo. Especially since the Vitamin cartridges are $$$!

14 minutes ago, MissSimpson said:

I was wondering about the Tespo. Especially since the Vitamin cartridges are $$$!

My practice says "no" on Tespo -- not enough evidence yet for them to approve it. Just one POV. :)

Looks like you've got it covered. My thing I can't live without is my digital food scale. It really helps me be accountable on portions. And MyFitnessPal app. That's super easy.