Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting pre-op diet Monday; procedure is 12/18

A part of me is nervous, yet a larger part is ready to get this show on the road. My weight has controlled me for far too long and it’s time to utilize this tool to control it! And, of course, to also bring my sexy back! :-)

1 hour ago, JustinDE said:

A part of me is nervous, yet a larger part is ready to get this show on the road. My weight has controlled me for far too long and it’s time to utilize this tool to control it! And, of course, to also bring my sexy back! :-)

We share the same date! My pre-op begins tomorrow and my surgery date is December 18th, as well.

I am also a bit nervous/anxious, however, I know that this is the best decision for me in order to "re"-create health. I've completed my six months requirements and feel that I am prepared to move forward. You've got this! We both do. It is time for us to take control back!

We share the same date! My pre-op begins tomorrow and my surgery date is December 18th, as well.
I am also a bit nervous/anxious, however, I know that this is the best decision for me in order to "re"-create health. I've completed my six months requirements and feel that I am prepared to move forward. You've got this! We both do. It is time for us to take control back!

Very nice! What does your pre-op consist of?

1 minute ago, JustinDE said:

Very nice! What does your pre-op consist of?

High Protein Shake diet to include 2 - 3 Protein Shakes daily totaling 60 gram of liquid Protein per day. I can also eat high protein foods such as baked/grilled chicken, turkey, lean meat or fish as well as steam veggies and fresh fruit. Avoid all dairy except what is in my protein shakes. Avoid all carbohydrates that are found in breads, Pasta, potatoes, rice, fried food, etc.

I can use seasonings such as herbs and spices, lemon juice and vinegar but have to avoid all Condiments, dressings, fats and oils. On Saturday and Sunday before surgery (16th and 17th), I have to stop all meats and change over to broth type Soups instead of the meat/fish. I can continue the steam veggies and fruit, tho. And of course, continue with the protein shakes.

What about yours? Is it similar?

Lucky you. I’m on a liquid diet (Robard). The upside is that it takes the thinking out of the equation and will help to drop a nice amount of weight in the 2 weeks. Downside is that it’s nothing but an additional revenue stream for the surgeon’s office, which is kind of annoying.

I can certainly see how that would be frustrating. Do they use that on all patients or are there specific outliers that would require you to use the Robard method versus purchasing the Protein yourself?

It is also important to follow your surgeon/doctor's instructions but I am curious because this is the first time someone informed of a medical option for the pre-op diet instead of the patient purchasing their own product in the grocery store, etc.

It’s my understanding that all patients with this practice do it. A friend is going thru the pre-op stages in CA and that plan is similar to yours.

Oh okay...

I wish you well! We've got this!

Likewise! And, yes, we’ve got this!

Good luck :D

I'm on my week 3 of pre-op diet of only Liquid Protein from the surgeon office....

I need to remind myself constently that this is for the precedure to be SAFE so I stick to my liquid religiously lol

I am also due for the 18 :)

My surgery date is 12/18 too! I started my liquid diet yesterday. I had my last schedule dr visit today. I meet with my nurse in 12/13 to weigh in and walk through the hospital and then surgery the following Monday. I wish you the best of luck!

Tiffany

Hi... My surgery is alsov12/18/17..

I'm on day 1 of pre op diet...(3 shakes and 1 high Protein low carb meal daily... I'm still full from the shakes....but will get my grilled chicken in somehow....

My Dr told us that his pre op diet depends on BMI...

I am using the Bariatric Advantage brand shakes from Dr. Oldham's office... Not overly sweet...

Best of luck to you both...

We do indeed got this!!...

Edited by Determinedinkenrucky