Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 11/28.....4 days post op

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well. I have a few things I wanted to ask those who are where I am or beyond that may have experience with the same issues.

My day of surgery I was allowed nothing by mouth.

The next day I was allowed 1 oz of Water per hour. Then starting yesterday for 2 weeks I'm allowed full liquids. Yesterday I mixed Protein Shake in my Greek yogurt because I'm told everything must be the consistency of milk and able to roll off the spoon. I maybe was able to take in 4 bites of yogurt, and drank half a Premier Protein and water all day yesterday. Today I haven't "eaten" anything. I've been sipping water and sucked on 2 sugar free popsicles (surprisingly felt great). What is everyone else doing at this time?

As far as how I feel....I'm in Pain but not really taking much medication. My abdomen is extremely swollen especially my left side which is also bruised and very swollen. I'm dizzy intermittently which tells me I need more water. How long does it take for the swelling in the abdomen to decrease.

I guess I need reassurance that what I'm experiencing is normal.

I'm where u are but yogurt is to thick for me to eat. I had stomach pain but Prevacid took care of that. Feel week but off pain meds now. How much have you lost. I'm down 14lbs!

So good to know someone is where I am. I haven't weighed yet because of all the swelling I've got. But 14 lbs is so exciting, congrats to you!! What have you been drinking? Protein Shakes and Water or anything else?

I was sleeved the same day. My plan tells me to drink 1-2 oz an hr of sugar free liquids. My daily requirement is 32 oz. I can also have hot Cereal, Jello, cream of Soups, and popsicles. I also need to sip on 1 Protein Shake through the day. My pain is so much better but I’m still swollen as well. My staples and stitches come out December 6. I was told it would be 6 weeks until I was completely pain/soreness free. I’m also still taking a blood thinner (required), pain med x 2 a day, and an acid reducer.

i haven’t been able to finish any of my “meals” and I was told that normal and to listen to my tummy :) Good luck, you got this!

I had bypass 11/13, and I still can't tolerate Premier Protein unless it's super watered down. 4 days out it made me physically ill, so my surgeon recommended switching to clear premier Protein. It's pricey but a life saver. MUCH easier to get down than the "milky" style drinks. Good luck, the first week is wild.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on the 27th I had a good day yesterday I drank one Protein and I drank almost a half a bottle of Water that was all Day meal but my biggest problem has been for me. Acid reflux. so I don't know how to handle that. I can take the pain of the stitches or the bloating of the stomach . But acid reflux makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. Right now they have me on these meds to try it to help me. I hope to god it works

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I thought I wasn't eating enough, but you guys have me thinking I'm eating too much. I was sleeved the 29th. The first day was clears only. Small amounts of Water and broth. Added in Protein Shakes on day too. I think I got through one full shake over the day. Yesterday I had two shakes over the course of the day, and about 1.5 cups broth.

My stomach is definitely still retaining Fluid. I'm only down 5 pounds, and the jeans I went in wearing are too tight due to my swollen belly.

12 minutes ago, ItsJustMeToo said:

I thought I wasn't eating enough, but you guys have me thinking I'm eating too much. I was sleeved the 29th. The first day was clears only. Small amounts of Water and broth. Added in Protein Shakes on day too. I think I got through one full shake over the day. Yesterday I had two shakes over the course of the day, and about 1.5 cups broth.

My stomach is definitely still retaining Fluid. I'm only down 5 pounds, and the jeans I went in wearing are too tight due to my swollen belly.

Everyone has different plans though, so if all of that is OK in your guidelines post op, I don’t think it’s wrong!

I was sleeved on the 30th. Actually gained 2 lbs so must be from surgery. belly fells bloated. Day of surgery Water and 1st day post op was full liquids. Drank 2 shakes. Protein veggie Soup and Little yogurt and water. Stayed one night bc was feeling pretty good and walking a lot. 1st day home has been ok. So challenging to get in all the requirements. So far had one shake. One glass of water and 4 oz of Greek yogurt. Will get one more shake and one more water. They want me to strive for 64 oz of fluids but understand if I can’t the first few days.

I had bypass 11/13, and I still can't tolerate Premier Protein unless it's super watered down. 4 days out it made me physically ill, so my surgeon recommended switching to clear premier Protein. It's pricey but a life saver. MUCH easier to get down than the "milky" style drinks. Good luck, the first week is wild.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm with you, I cannot tolerate premier protein at all. Within 3 seconds of swallowing it it causes havoc inside my body. I am going to get the clear stuff tomorrow because I'm getting zero protein right now. Are you feeling really good now?

I was sleeved on the 30th. Actually gained 2 lbs so must be from surgery. belly fells bloated. Day of surgery Water and 1st day post op was full liquids. Drank 2 shakes. Protein veggie Soup and Little yogurt and water. Stayed one night bc was feeling pretty good and walking a lot. 1st day home has been ok. So challenging to get in all the requirements. So far had one shake. One glass of water and 4 oz of Greek yogurt. Will get one more shake and one more water. They want me to strive for 64 oz of fluids but understand if I can’t the first few days.

Wow you are rockin it!! Great job!

I was sleeved on the 27th I had a good day yesterday I drank one Protein and I drank almost a half a bottle of Water that was all Day meal but my biggest problem has been for me. Acid reflux. so I don't know how to handle that. I can take the pain of the stitches or the bloating of the stomach . But acid reflux makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack. Right now they have me on these meds to try it to help me. I hope to god it works

I can't imagine having terrible reflux. I'm sorry you are going through that. I don't know why pain has been such an issue for me my entire left side is black and blue as well. This is a stupid question but do they have you taking protonix for acid?

They have me taking Omeprazole 20 mg. Although it's gotten a little better. it still hurts severely .when I don't eat anything I don't have a problem. but I do have a problem when I'm cold which is weird

I really hope your body adjusts to this soon!

Hi all I'm new. [emoji846] I got sleeved 11/27 lost 13lbs on the preop and I feel so hungry after being sleeved these Protein Shakes, popsicles, broth, and Jello cups are not doing it for me [emoji37] I'm currently on day 6 and I take the Premier Protein shakes does anyone else have any recommendations. I was thinking about buying my own Protein Powder and maybe adding half a banana and some skim milk to change it up. What do you guys think?