Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Nov. 13, 2017 So far I have lost 15 lbs. It would be nice to bounce thing off of someone who has gone through the surgery a few months a head of me.

Had mine on nov. 14 and down 30 pds from doc visit yesterday. My doc has me on regular food low fat low carb. Protein and Fluid key. Nice to talk with you.

Hi Ruby,

Thanks so much for your response! I'm now down 26 pds I've been stalling a bit. I'm having a hard time getting enough calories in. I'm pretty sensitive to a lot of foods at this point and they still want me eating soft foods for another month. I am taking the Ursodiol to avoid gallstones. One of the side effects is food sensitivity and nausea. Have you experienced this?

I don’t have a gallbladder so no not that. But I’m having a very hard time transitioning from soft Proteins to regular food. Most days I never get in only half the Fluid and I meet the Protein with Protein Drinks help when I have dumping syndrome which is often in this stage for me. I had liver disease liver induced diabetes and failing kidney from hereditary triglycerides was eating at my liver so either gastric or donor. Anyways during being sick with liver I got to where I didn’t like meats well. So it’s been hard. So I use GENEPRO with crystal light to get my protein. Lots of people think it doesn’t work but I’ve done my research and it’s absorbing great with me. I’m still nauseous especially if out to eat home somewhat better. My appetite sucks unless it’s non protein then I’m good. By the way I’m southern as cornbread so excuse my speech lol. East Tn at bottom of mountains lol.

I don’t have a gallbladder so no not that. But I’m having a very hard time transitioning from soft Proteins to regular food. Most days I never get in only half the Fluid and I meet the Protein with Protein Drinks help when I have dumping syndrome which is often in this stage for me. I had liver disease liver induced diabetes and failing kidney from hereditary triglycerides was eating at my liver so either gastric or donor. Anyways during being sick with liver I got to where I didn’t like meats well. So it’s been hard. So I use GENEPRO with crystal light to get my Protein. Lots of people think it doesn’t work but I’ve done my research and it’s absorbing great with me. I’m still nauseous especially if out to eat home somewhat better. My appetite sucks unless it’s non protein then I’m good. By the way I’m southern as cornbread so excuse my speech lol. East Tn at bottom of mountains lol.

How are you doing ? Ive been having trouble wanting to eat. Out to eat hasn’t worked at all .

Hi Ruby,

I haven't had any trouble eating, the hardest thing for me is being able to tell when to stop before I get to full! The last couple of weeks it has gotten better for me. How about you? I seem to be at a stall right now the weight loss has been slow, I definitely indulged over the Holiday.

1 hour ago, ChereinAz said:

I haven't had any trouble eating, the hardest thing for me is being able to tell when to stop before I get to full! The last couple of weeks it has gotten better for me. How about you? I seem to be at a stall right now the weight loss has been slow, I definitely indulged over the Holiday.

Hi ChereinAz

i too am having trouble working out how to tell if I am full. Can I crash into your conversation and ask you to describe it?

Hi Biddynz,

Of course you can. I'm not sure I can describe it. At this point I don't eat until uncomfortable but it was definitely a learning curve for me. I have slowed down, I think that was the biggest thing that helped me. I seem to lose interest in the food before I get full at this point. I think in the beginning you want to eat like normal. When I overdid it I would get that sick feeling and it would feel like the food wasn't going to go down. I can't handle that sick nauseated feeling so I think that has slowed me down and I'm more conscious of chewing my food well. I think it gets easier the further you get away from surgery.

Thanks - I can’t tell you how good it was to read that.

Having written this earlier today, tonight I drank a Protein Soup reasonably quickly - half way through I suddenly felt exhausted, a bit sick. I went to lie down - and was sort of clammy. It settled after 20 minutes or so, and I felt fine.

I guess that is like what you describe - and you are right, it is a strong incentive to eat slowly!

Thank you so much.

x