Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give Thanks This Thanksgiving

To everyone have a Wonderful Thanksgiving day with family & friends remember to start with the foods of higher Protein content during your Thanksgiving feast today.

It’s ok to eat that thing we normally can’t eat because we are on a weight loss journey. Savor the taste of those items & enjoy that small portion of pumpkin pie, those rolls, those starchy items. Don’t feel like as if all is lost & the guilt railroad is against your journey. God Bless & Have A Nice Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving from a fellow Texan! :D Thanks for your sound advice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• GothGal

Started mushies on Thursday.  Had to remind myself to eat slowly.....you fill up fast!;
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

2 Days Till Surgery!   It's time! Time to start my clear liquids! I am prepared! Tomorrow I will only take in clear protein, bone broth and jello for the next two days.   My surgery will be done on Monday, December 9th at 8:00 AM. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM (EWWW) but who cares? LOL. Funny how you don't get all upset about doing things that are not so fun when you are doing it for a purpose! . I don't plan on doing much this weekend. I have one errand to do and after that is over I will return to my hotel room and go into prayer and meditation. Believer or not, you got to do what you need to do in order to get your heart and mind in a healthy place. . I have a Pre-Op drink I ordered that is supposed to really help your body hydrate before surgery. It's not in the photo just because I don't have it in my hands yet. I will put photos of it up when I get it. . All I can think about it how blessed I am to be able to get this done. I know how it feels to be healthy and happy then have it snatched away. It makes this all the more joyful for me. . So, it's time to lay it down and start letting my mind process what we are getting ready to do. . By the way...funny story. My doc said he had to cancel a surgery because his patient said she thought "Mashed Potatoes" was a clear food! Um, there will be no mashed potatoes for me! LOL This is HAPPENING! . Last thought for today: I knew when they drew my blood yesterday it was going to leave a nasty bruise and I was right. I am so sensitive to that kind of stuff.  

· 1 reply
      1. Billy Bob

That photo looks like one of my phlebotomy jobs. lol

• Krestel

Cold no.2 since surgery. The funny part is now Ive lost my voice. I feel better in my sinuses now, but my voice is 90% gone. Losing your voice as a person who talks as a teacher for a living is so funny. You feel normal and when you speak, nothing comes out. I hope it goes over by Monday, but if it doesn't oh well. Ill be at school and cant talk to the students. Oh gee darn.
      · 2 replies
      1. SabrinaGoddess

I hope it gets better. I sing and I know how it is to lose your voice. I always get scared that it won't come back. LOL but it always does. Try Fisherman's Friend. It's nasty but it works. You can find it on amazon.

2. Krestel

Ohh..I love fisherman's friend..especially the sugar-free ones. Here, we can get it in all the shops. They are strong though.

• allwet

Got my haircut today and its always amazing how much better i feel afterwards.
      i have always considered it an odd thing that i enjoy a haircut so much.
      The smell of the barbershop (no salons allowed) and the whole scissors and clippers feel and sound is so relaxing.
      I have had the same barber since 1987 and i am not sure how i will handle it if that guy ever dares to die on me. I am pretty sure that the magazines on the bottom of the stack are the same ones from my first visit.
      just started Ron Powers -Mark Twain Biography- enjoying it

· 0 replies
    • Gthom33

Good Morning! Today is the first day of my liver shrinking diet!  It is hard being in the office and in my classes thinking about my old habits. But surgery is so close so can't complain too much! !10 days away!! Here we go. 
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs