Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help need Advice on my Fill

Well, I am 10 days post op. Until 2 days ago I was forcing myself to drink Water and food because the doctor didnt want me to get sick. These last 2 days, I started to taste the food again. I started to get my appettite back. I started to eat semi normal again. And I am scared. I dont know what to do. I am starting to get my appettite back and the doctor said he will give me my first fill in another 3 weeks? Could my healing process be faster because I am young? What happens if I stretch the pouch a tiny bit from eating(havent done it yet but would like to know). Please help me out guys thanks big time.

Brian

my advice is to follow dr orders on post op eating/drinking-I know it is tough-at about 3 weeks I was starving!!!at my 3 week post op visit my doc said I could add in cottage cheese and scrambled egg-as long as you puree it- I am not sure if this falls within your guidelines but it did help as by that time I had been on liquids for over a month-everyone heals differently but this is the time for healing and I think it takes at least 6-8 weeks or longer for healing- I just at 6 weeks post op have started to try solid foods.what we want to avoid is stretching the pouch-if we do this we eat more and this is not the goal-also be aware you may not lose or even gain before your first fill.I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks.It is normal.

my advice is to follow dr orders on post op eating/drinking-I know it is tough-at about 3 weeks I was starving!!!at my 3 week post op visit my doc said I could add in cottage cheese and scrambled egg-as long as you puree it- I am not sure if this falls within your guidelines but it did help as by that time I had been on liquids for over a month-everyone heals differently but this is the time for healing and I think it takes at least 6-8 weeks or longer for healing- I just at 6 weeks post op have started to try solid foods.what we want to avoid is stretching the pouch-if we do this we eat more and this is not the goal-also be aware you may not lose or even gain before your first fill.I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks.It is normal.

Doctor told me I could move to puree food , Soft eggs, Soft noodles yesterday. I think I may have stretched the pouch a little bit thats why I am hungry? Tommarow I am going to be very very hard on myself and try and eat as less as possible. I am also going to run a little bit. I am going to try and fight it I guess. I have lost 25 pounds in the last 13 days. I dont want to gain any of it back and thats the fear.

maybe just limit the carbs and concentrate on Protein -that has been my biggest challenge is the protein.you have to remember that you most likely do not have any restriction right now so you are basically dieting following your surgeons guidelines-I think the hunger comes when we are re-introducing foods with sugar-even if it is a low amount-I just try to be conscious of the sugar content-I will not say I have been completely faithful-but I definitely could not come anywhere near where I used to in regards to how much I eat-I had my fill yesterday and today-I had 800 calories-450 of those were Protein Drinks.< /p>

maybe just limit the carbs and concentrate on Protein -that has been my biggest challenge is the protein.you have to remember that you most likely do not have any restriction right now so you are basically dieting following your surgeons guidelines-I think the hunger comes when we are re-introducing foods with sugar-even if it is a low amount-I just try to be conscious of the sugar content-I will not say I have been completely faithful-but I definitely could not come anywhere near where I used to in regards to how much I eat-I had my fill yesterday and today-I had 800 calories-450 of those were Protein drinks.

Oh boy. Im not even close to where I was before. But I want to nip it in the bud. I dont want to get to that point and gain all my weight back by the time I fill. I am going to limit the carbs thats a good idea. I am going to give it a shot. I guess I was sorta expecting the Band to stop me from eating after 5-7 bites.

unfortunately that is not my experience-but what I can say is some days I feel like I am starving-others not hungry at all- today I had a half of the inside of a baked potato for dinner and that was enough for me-that potato has carbs but I talked to nutritionist and she said potatoes are good because of the nutrients. Just to limit to 1-2 x a week.

Don't agonize. Your band isn't even working yet. It may not be operational after your first fill either, so don't hang your proverbial hat on that. You are not feeling ANYTHING out of the ordinary. Until you get a really GOOD fill (my fourth was the magic one) you won't start reacting like "Pavlov's Dog". Once I got a decent fill, I had not more "cravings" and even when I started to have them, within the first 2-3 bites of whatever I succumbed to, I had to push it aside. The little policeman in your stomach won't stop you from getting that lovely taco, but he WILL nip its consumption in the bud! After a while, you react like "Pavlov's Dog" (the scientific project...ring the bell feed the dog, and then finally it gets to the point that you ring the bell and the dog salivates on cue). Your bell is rung and your body goes "yuck" and you find it easier and easier to PUSH THAT MORSEL AWAY!!!!!! Amazing I know, but it is totally true.

Hi Riseandfall9, I can only let you know what my experience was. The first week, liquids (broths, popsicles, Muscle Milk). Week Two post op was pureed foods, week three post op was mashed foods. The pureed or mashed foods, depending what stage you are in, could be anything as long as it was pureed/mashed. I made my potatoes etc extra creamy to help the foods i was eating go down smoothly. Your in a tough stage right now - been there. It's worth it. You really shouldn't have your first fill until 6-8 weeks after surgery, especially if they stitched a top and bottom fold of your stomach around the band. Don't let him push you if you are not comfortable-there is no shame in that-you would not be the first one to come to his office asking for a little more time to adjust before you got a fill..