Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ESG date is Tues Nov 21!

Hi Bubbles!

Yes insurance covered my visit - I have a $50/copay but it took forever to get them on the phone so I waited at least an hour or more before I saw her.

The restriction is going well- I'm pretty good about keeping my intake to 4oz or less at a time- except for the shakes which I do tend to drink more without having any issues- I do feel full with those. My calories per day have been ranging fro 700-850 and I am trying to add some fats now to get that up to at least 1000/day per nutritionist.

I'm taking a multi chewable- and Calcium chewable. I take Centrum Silver adult 50+ which aren't bad - kinda taste like sweetarts.

The calcium I bought a big bottle of caltrate chewables but they are awful- tart/chalky - so after checking with nutritionist , she said I can get the chocolate chewy ones- so ordering those.

No Probiotics or Fiber supplement. I have been pretty stopped up lately but after a couple of days of Miralax that seems to be getting better (and it really is tasteless so mixes with Vitamin Water well).

3 hours ago, BubblesCT said:

We have so many parallels.. thank you universe for bringing us together via this forum. Wow, it feels so good not to be alone on such a frightening journey. Everytime I come off the phen I blow up. So hard to get off. My heart is definitely not like it used to be . I can feel the negative effects yet being morbidly obese seems like a greatly risk factor. I explained to the doctor that everyday off of it, I’m white knuckling it. Hanging my a thread to not eat my arm. My hunger is insatiable. It has messed me up big time. Praying this procedure will do the trick and save my heart from any more damage.

Totally agree. You are definitely not alone. I have even tried the other prescription weight loss meds— Qysmia, belviq, metformin, and even saxenda for a brief time (way too expensive) and all of these did nothing for me long term. Some didn’t even work initially. I only stayed on phentermine because quite honestly it was the easiest and cheapest to get. And just like you Bubbles, I was terrified of what would happen if I stopped taking it. I had the same experience, I tried to wean myself off of it but the pounds would creep back on so I went back to taking it. I’m on the highest dose possible and that isn’t working anymore. It hasn’t been working for the longest but what other option did we have? I hope we can succeed with this procedure. Let’s make ourselves a promise that after we have this procedure we will continue to post about everything even after a year or two. Our victories and our defeats. We won’t be judgemental because we’ve both been through the same experience but posting will help us stay accountable and possibly get help when we feel we are falling off track. I can guarantee that this is nothing that you can post here that I haven’t done, tried to do, or seriously thought about doing. Deal?

2 hours ago, AmyAlexis said:

Hi Bubbles!

Yes insurance covered my visit - I have a $50/copay but it took forever to get them on the phone so I waited at least an hour or more before I saw her.

The restriction is going well- I'm pretty good about keeping my intake to 4oz or less at a time- except for the shakes which I do tend to drink more without having any issues- I do feel full with those. My calories per day have been ranging fro 700-850 and I am trying to add some fats now to get that up to at least 1000/day per nutritionist.

I'm taking a multi chewable- and Calcium chewable. I take Centrum Silver adult 50+ which aren't bad - kinda taste like sweetarts.

The Calcium I bought a big bottle of caltrate chewables but they are awful- tart/chalky - so after checking with nutritionist , she said I can get the chocolate chewy ones- so ordering those.

No Probiotics or Fiber supplement. I have been pretty stopped up lately but after a couple of days of Miralax that seems to be getting better (and it really is tasteless so mixes with Vitamin Water well).

Hey AmyAlexis! Thanks for the valuable info you are posting but can you please let us know how much weight you’ve lost? I know you are only like 9-10 Days out but for those of us still in the preop stage we really want to hear how successful you’ve been. We are basically at this point living off the success stories of you all here— Tex Slim, Melesg, belle, and all those other pioneers. Please don’t leave us hanging!😫😫

Hey AmyAlexis! Thanks for the valuable info you are posting but can you please let us know how much weight you’ve lost? I know you are only like 9-10 Days out but for those of us still in the preop stage we really want to hear how successful you’ve been. We are basically at this point living off the success stories of you all here— Tex Slim, Melesg, belle, and all those other pioneers. Please don’t leave us hanging![emoji31][emoji31]

Sure! As of this morning I’m down 16lbs from my first consult visit when I was 159. This morning I was 143.. . I should have but I didn’t weigh myself morning of the procedure. I would guess from then it’s been 12 or 13lbs since then Nov 8.

1 hour ago, AmyAlexis said:

Sure! As of this morning I’m down 16lbs from my first consult visit when I was 159. This morning I was 143.. . I should have but I didn’t weigh myself morning of the procedure. I would guess from then it’s been 12 or 13lbs since then Nov 8.

Way to go AmyAlexis! 🎉🎉🎊🎊. This is exactly what I mean. People like me, preop, must live vicariously through you!!

4 hours ago, hope4momof4 said:

Totally agree. You are definitely not alone. I have even tried the other prescription weight loss meds— Qysmia, belviq, metformin, and even saxenda for a brief time (way too expensive) and all of these did nothing for me long term. Some didn’t even work initially. I only stayed on phentermine because quite honestly it was the easiest and cheapest to get. And just like you Bubbles, I was terrified of what would happen if I stopped taking it. I had the same experience, I tried to wean myself off of it but the pounds would creep back on so I went back to taking it. I’m on the highest dose possible and that isn’t working anymore. It hasn’t been working for the longest but what other option did we have? I hope we can succeed with this procedure. Let’s make ourselves a promise that after we have this procedure we will continue to post about everything even after a year or two. Our victories and our defeats. We won’t be judgemental because we’ve both been through the same experience but posting will help us stay accountable and possibly get help when we feel we are falling off track. I can guarantee that this is nothing that you can post here that I haven’t done, tried to do, or seriously thought about doing. Deal?

Absolutely, you got a deal. I will need your support and happy to help you. I believe helping others is a great way to stay accountable. This has been a long struggle for me and I know the surgery alone will not "fix" my relationship with food. I need accountability!

19 hours ago, Tex Slim 66 said:

Mel, thanks for all your info and continued support. Totally agree about the value of sharing our experiences, definitely a new procedure, I found no one near by to share these with. I think the uncertainty from ESG being new increased the feeling of isolation. In my research phase and after my initial consultation in July this forum was a big part of how I gathered the information and positive experiences to make my decision to proceed with ESG.

I'm so pleased that I followed through and have completed the procedure, now the behavior choices to sustain my weight loss are being supported by my much lower desire for food (both quantity and frequency). I asked my Dr. about this and he said it was a combination of hormone changes (smaller stomach volume) and a much quicker response from our nerve cells in the smaller stomach to indicate satiety (fullness). Pretty interesting to me even if I don't totally understand it.

I'm doing great, had my one week follow-up appointment yesterday and all was well. I'm still on liquid diet for the next week and then I shift to puree. Gas pains are gone and no complications following the procedure. Starting to see signs of weight loss, off to a good start in that regard. Really having no issue with following the new diet regime to the letter, I am in such a different (better!) place mentally. Next appointment in early Jan (6 weeks).

Hope you continue to do well, great to see your weight loss progress!!

Keep in touch, Tex

So happy for you Tex! Thanks for keeping us posted. Sending you my best.

7 hours ago, AmyAlexis said:

Hi Bubbles!

The Calcium I bought a big bottle of caltrate chewables but they are awful- tart/chalky - so after checking with nutritionist , she said I can get the chocolate chewy ones- so ordering those.

No Probiotics or fiber supplement. I have been pretty stopped up lately but after a couple of days of Miralax that seems to be getting better (and it really is tasteless so mixes with Vitamin Water well).

Great information as always! Thanks a million. So happy you are doing well.

4 hours ago, AmyAlexis said:

AWESOME! Yay...it must feel so good! Super happy for you.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:04 PM, Tex Slim 66 said:

Bubbles, sorry to hear of the office visit, hang in there! I went through a similar process with my doctor where I had to get blood results before I could see the dietician and then only after the dietician visit could I get a date for my procedure. I started this with my initial consult in July and eventually ended in November with the procedure. Trust me it was worth the wait!

I like where you are headed with the focus on behavior aspects, I tried this made some progress but struggled as well, gaining 10 lbs from my dietician visit to ESG procedure (about 6 weeks).

I can tell you I'm still not feeling hungry following my procedure and I find it much easier not to graze after work and before dinner (this, late night deserts and "liquid" calories in the evening vices pre ESG). It was some type of emotional eating not really based on "hunger" or need of food. I just don't have any interest in restarting this now, so keep the faith and keep working towards your ESG!

Let's keep chatting you will do great!

You are my ray of light! Feeling reassured, thanks:)

Happy Day!

Won one of those little battles today and went down one size in pants from 44 to 42! Yi Ha!!!:D

It's working, keep the faith, there is hope for a new you! TGIF!

22 minutes ago, Tex Slim 66 said:

Happy Day!

Won one of those little battles today and went down one size in pants from 44 to 42! Yi Ha!!!:D

Woo hoo! Congrats Tex!

1 hour ago, Tex Slim 66 said:

Happy Day!

I never doubted you for a minute my friend! Onward and upward or in our case downward. 🤣🤣

Happy Day!
Won one of those little battles today and went down one size in pants from 44 to 42! Yi Ha!!![emoji3]

Well done Tex Slim 66. That right there is how we get our health back. The health benefits of a reducing waist size is huge. You are killing it Tex, we are so happy for you. Keep up the great work [emoji4]

On 12/1/2017 at 4:41 PM, Tex Slim 66 said:

Happy Day!

Hot damn...you are kicking ass! LOVE IT!!!