Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 15th..and I'm in SO much PAIN

I had my band placed on Thu Nov 1st. And I am in quite pain - specially from the port side. But this is doable. The worse HORRIBLE pain is in my shoulder and that is really killing me! Anybody know how to deal with it?

Massage and heat have helped me. Mine is in the front so I massage it myself and then I use a heating pad on it.

<p>I was banded two days ago. I haven't had much in the way of pain when lying still, but it's been miserable to get out of bed, and yesterday my abdominal muscles went into spasm when I did that, very painful. I have found that a combination of ibuprofen (such as Advil) and acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) work better for my pain than an oral narcotic. The tenderness is a lot less today than it was yesterday. I plan to go to work in another 4 days. </p> <p> </p> <p>Steve</p>

Well I am glad I saw this post. I am getting banded Nov 6th. and everyone keeps acting like its all roses. I would rather know whats coming then to be surprised. I was told to get gas-x and benifiber. I am being banded on a tuesday and was hoping to go back to work the Wed of the following week...maybe not lol.

I hope you are all feeling well real soon!

Best Wishes

Ann praying for you tomorrow that all goes well and you will be on the road of losing soon!

I am waiting for my surgery date. Praying it will be before the end of the year. My insurance will cover it all if I get it done before then.

Kim

Wow, I'm so sorry to read how so many have had a tough time with recovery. I was banded 11/1 and went back to work today, 11/5. I sat a little more than usual, but did a full day as a teacher, High School! I walked to the local diner for chicken broth on Friday when I got home. Spent an hour or so at Starbucks on Saturday. Went to Wal-mart on Sunday....did use the electric wheelchair for that adventure, though.

I think everyone has a different outlook and outcome. Don't be discouraged, have a positive attitude, and you'll be better before you know it!

I praise God for my fortunate situation!

i dont think they recommend this because it is resorting to old habits thats what my doc says at least! plus they make you jittery and yucky feeling you will get through the hunger just drinka ton of Water thats how i got through!

Well here I am 10 days out and still not great but better. WOW I was so hoping to be one of the lucky ones who get very little pain...no way. OMG I lived on my pain meds every four hours until today. Today I was able to go for 7 hours on a 1/2 one. Of course I was a little uncomfortable but was able to live with it. Tonight I will take a whole one to help me sleep. The pain when I bend the wrong way or try to move a certin way still is awful. I am very glad the surgery is over but sure will be glad to get back to life without pain.

It just makes me laugh when I see the commercials for Lap Band surgery. It says have surgery today go home tomorrow and back to work the next day. Are they kidding! The sad thing is that there are so many people who believe that. I know my Dr didn't mention pain at all, just a little discomfort. HA HA HA is all I can say to that!

Best wishes

I't Been a month for me on the 15th of november I dont have so much pain as the begin i feel better i'm working again and i have lost 34lbs i'm so happy.

I guess i was one of the lucky ones , also depends on yoru doctors experience also. I was banded on OCt 10th by dr zapada in monterrey mexico and flew home on the 12th. I never had any pain medicine to take. only some discomfort when i got out of bed or moved wrong. just felt like i did a ton of situps . I guess everyone recovers different . good luck .

Rest your very lucky! My Dr has done over 2000 lap bands so I know he knew what he was doing. I just had a lot of adhisions to cut throught from previous surgeries. Also my diaphram is shallow so it caused it to get inflamed. I think from all I have read and many many people I have spoke to some people are luckier with the amount of pain then others. You were one of the lucky ones! I was not.

Good Luck everyone!

Best Wishes

Hey dont feel bad - I got banded Thursday and I am going back to work on Monday. (desk job) I am sore but it gets better, I was able to drive to the store and do a little shopping - got a little overwhelmed but sat down for a minute and felt better. I dont know how in the world to get down 8 glasses of Water. Not going to happen

Hey dont feel bad - I got banded Thursday and I am going back to work on Monday. (desk job) I am sore but it gets better, I was able to drive to the store and do a little shopping - got a little overwhelmed but sat down for a minute and felt better. I dont know how in the world to get down 8 glasses of Water. Not going to happen

It's actually only four bottles of Water or Propel or Diet Snapple, etc. And you can count broth, sugar-free Jell-O, sugar-free popcycles, etc., toward your liquid intake -- at least, my doctor said I could. So it's not as bad as it sounds.

Good luck!

hey there! I was banded Nov 1st and I went to work Nov 5! I was in pain and I had extra the shoulder pain. I have no to much energy but belive me day by day is beter. I am a personal assistant/nanny and I watch 2yo boy! I did great I think, hovewer I was at working and sleeping for the 1st week second was much better and now I am thinking to start working out! my port still hurts and I can feel it very well but come on! need to loose that weight! My advise:if you let yourself veggie on the bed you will stay there forever! move around and recovery will be faster!

i wa banded in the 15th too. i experienced back pain only for a short time th day of. try a heat pad or have someone massage to with mineral ice. good luck!!

I am also a babysitter, but my is 17 months and I can't lift over 7 pounds for 6 weeks! So going to need help getting her in and out of crib. Who can lay around after surgery lol. I had to walk every 2 hours even through the night for the first 4 days. I have been going out shopping trying to keep me moving and move the darn gas out. I too am finding it hard to get all my Water in and shakes and meals. Just doesn't seem possible yet. I am sure I will get the hang of it in time.