Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done the end of August. It was a band to sleeve revision. I lost 30 lbs the first month but NOTHING since. Haven't gained...but haven't lost either. My Protein intake is bad...I feel as if I have no restriction and I'm always exhausted. Im taking vitamins..iron and Calcium. I walk but other than that not much else.

I'm very discouraged and am embarrassed to go to my two month post op visit because I feel like a total failure.

Am I the only one in this sinking boat??

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve done the end of August. It was a band to sleeve revision. I lost 30 lbs the first month but NOTHING since. Haven't gained...but haven't lost either. My Protein intake is bad...I feel as if I have no restriction and I'm always exhausted. Im taking vitamins..iron and Calcium. I walk but other than that not much else.
I'm very discouraged and am embarrassed to go to my two month post op visit because I feel like a total failure.

That's how I felt after lap band once I started gaining weight back. [emoji17] I would skip going in for months at a time out of shame.

I hope this is just a stall and your weight loss kicks in again. This is my worst fear! My LB was removed in Feb 2017 and the sleeve will be done on Nov. 1. I'm terrified of being a failure.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I only lost 50 lbs with the lapband. It was the worst decision of my life. This is much different. With the band..food got stuck. No getting around it...even with liquid. It was hard..harsh. this is different. It's more forgiving..not a good thing for me. Lol

I am wondering if the lap band will ever be phased out? I read so many stories of people not having long term success with it. My wife has a friend that lost a ton of weight with it but has now put it all back on and then some.

I NEVER had any success with my lap band and had it removed after having it for 13 years. I've been sleeved for 22 days and am doing great, but I am meeting all of my calorie and liquid intake for the day. Sometimes it takes longer to eat certain meals, but when all else fails, I throw a Premier Protein shake in the blender with a scoop of PB Fit powder and drink it to make sure that I've met my daily intake.

We all lose at different paces. One thing that I've noticed is that you have to get a certain minimum of Protein and fluids to be able to get the scale moving or else your body will start attacking your muscles. Just curious, how far out are you?

I got sleeved mid August. ..have only lost 30 pounds as well. And mine isn't even a revision.. first time sleever. Feeling like a failure as well. Eating all the carbs I can fit into my tiny stomach. Stress eating has always been my coping mechanism. The weight loss stall is just making it worse. I have no support or friends or even acquaintances that have had the sleeve. Only support I get is from this forum.

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

Lovelies.. let me put your minds at ease.

The average loss for the first month is about 15-20lbs. Sure, there are some that lose 40, and some lose 5 or 10.. but the majority of us lose between 15 and 20. The second month is usually less. Averages 10-15.

I am 7 months postop (tomorrow!) and have lost almost 100lbs. I started out 150lbs overweight, so I'm 2/3 to goal. My first month I lost 17lbs, second month 13lbs.. for a total of 30lbs (not including preop losses). This is a very average amount.

Surgery is great, but it really doesn't make us lose weight any faster than we could have before surgery on a very restricted diet. If you went on a 800 calorie diet preop, your losses would be the same as 800 calories postop. The difference is how possible it is to eat only 800 calories for an extended period of time. Most of us take a year or more to make goal weight. Could you have eaten 800 calories a day for a year without surgery? Didn't think so... (I'm eating 1100 give or take, and have been for most of the time.. so 800 wasn't even in the cards for me postop! Lol!).

1 hour ago, soready17 said:

I got sleeved mid August. ..have only lost 30 pounds as well. And mine isn't even a revision.. first time sleever. Feeling like a failure as well. Eating all the carbs I can fit into my tiny stomach. Stress eating has always been my coping mechanism. The weight loss stall is just making it worse. I have no support or friends or even acquaintances that have had the sleeve. Only support I get is from this forum.

Eating a lot of carbs may be the issue. Losing 30 pounds is no small feat and you should not consider your self a failure. As the poster above this points out, we all lose at different paces, and dependent on how much in total you have to lose. Maybe you should try using a meal tracing all like myfitnesspal if you're not already doing so. It helps keep me in line and lets me know what I'm lacking in a day. I am following a high Protein and fat, low carb diet, and it seems to work well for a lot of people. Speak to your nutritionist and see if they can give you and insight on how to make it easier on yourself. You've always got this community here to help you out when you need it.

Eating a lot of carbs may be the issue. Losing 30 pounds is no small feat and you should not consider your self a failure. As the poster above this points out, we all lose at different paces, and dependent on how much in total you have to lose. Maybe you should try using a meal tracing all like myfitnesspal if you're not already doing so. It helps keep me in line and lets me know what I'm lacking in a day. I am following a high Protein and fat, low carb diet, and it seems to work well for a lot of people. Speak to your nutritionist and see if they can give you and insight on how to make it easier on yourself. You've always got this community here to help you out when you need it.

Eating a lot of carbs will definitely not help you lose weight. I agree that using a food tracking app will help you to see what you are eating and make the necessary changes to start weight loss. I also agree that you need to see your nutritionist and come up with a plan to correct your eating habits for long term weight loss.

I was doing really well with my protein and and my Water but not seeing the scale move made me turn to food (carbs). I do track everything on my fitness pal. Today has been the worst day so far...horrible eating and just lack of care for myself. Thank u for your insight though...I really do appreciate your advice and comments.

On 10/19/2017 at 8:45 PM, Berry78 said:

The average loss for the first month is about 15-20lbs. Sure, there are some that lose 40, and some lose 5 or 10.. but the majority of us lose between 15 and 20. The second month is usually less. Averages 10-15.

I am 7 months postop (tomorrow!) and have lost almost 100lbs. I started out 150lbs overweight, so I'm 2/3 to goal. My first month I lost 17lbs, second month 13lbs.. for a total of 30lbs (not including preop losses). This is a very average amount.

Surgery is great, but it really doesn't make us lose weight any faster than we could have before surgery on a very restricted diet. If you went on a 800 calorie diet preop, your losses would be the same as 800 calories postop. The difference is how possible it is to eat only 800 calories for an extended period of time. Most of us take a year or more to make goal weight. Could you have eaten 800 calories a day for a year without surgery? Didn't think so... (I'm eating 1100 give or take, and have been for most of the time.. so 800 wasn't even in the cards for me postop! Lol!).

Thank you for your post! I had a lapband, lost 70lbs & gained 30 back. I had the band taken out in June of this year. I had my sleeve gastrectomy on 09/21/17. I have lost 17 pounds this past month. I agree with everything you have said. Congratulations on your weight loss! You have done awesome! I have the same amount to lose. I have started to obsess about calories, which I have never done in my life. I haven’t exercised yet. That is what I need to start doing now.

On 10/16/2017 at 0:45 PM, cotysmom2 said:

Don’t be embarrassed. You have done awesome!! Maybe your body is adjusting? 30lbs is awesome! I have only lost 17 this past month. I had a few bad days this past week. But I know, this journey is not easy & that bad days will occur. I haven’t exercised yet. Something I need to do! But, you have.... Keep your chin up!

On 20/10/2017 at 11:45 AM, Berry78 said:

Your going great

On an unrelated note, who is that plus size model on your profile pic? Because I am in love with her.

I'm in love too-with her body though- not her lol. She's goals to me. But I think she's way too tall for my average height of 5'4. I need another goal body that's comparable to mine. Also, I have no clue who she is...snagged the photo off of a plus size modeling instagram page.