Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 18 2017

Hello, I’m new here. I’m about to have surgery and my thoughts are all over the place. I’ve been waiting since 2013 and now that the date is here I’m scared. I feel blessed to be given this opportunity and fear to disappoint. I fear I won’t be able to keep up to what is needed of me ( malnutrition). Anyone out there have any thoughts on this .... I’m hoping to touch base with people who are also just starting out as well as people who have experience to share.

Hi There,

I'm new too and my surgery date is December 5th. Feeling all the things you are and then some. I think the biggest fear for me is getting in all my fluids. I'm doing this alone and setting a goal to get back to work in a week. I hope you get some good replies to your post as I am sure they will help me too.

Sending happy thought your way.

Thank you for the happy thoughts, much appreciated :) I’m getting ready to go to the hospital now and hoping all goes well .... I didn’t realize you could be back to work in a week??!! My dr told me 6 weeks min ( this is to allow you time to adjust to your new diet as I’ll be weak from very little food the first month at least) but who knows maybe it’ll be faster recovery.

Congratulations on your surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hope everything goes well!!! And fast recovery!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Update:
It’s been exactly 1week (dr said all went well)
But I can barely bend ... sitting and standing is tough... when I cough I feel like I’m being stabbed...I keep hearing how others seem to be up and about and back to work at 10 days ? Looking for feedback ... what’s the average?
With a 4 year old im anxious to give him a big hug instead of these half ass ones lol

Had surgery on Oct. 18. Today is my fourteenth day and have lost 25 lbs. I feel well and I am glad I went through with it. Right after surgery I honestly regretted it, but I don't now. Just added puree foods and honestly it is hard, but nice to have something other than Clear Liquids. I see my nutritionist on the 18th of November. If you have any questions hit me up.

I’d be interested in hearing on how you appt goes ... my dr only scheduled one for week 7 for me... sure wish it was sooner ( it seems the average is 2 to 4 weeks)

Contacted my nutritionist because eating twice a day was no longer enough so now I am eating basically 5 times and I start today. Here is my Monday meal plan; Breakfast 7:30-8:30 two egg whites (actual eggs not the type you buy in a carton) with 30 grams of tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and green Beans as options with half a slice of wheat toast. From 10a-12n a cup of fruits apple, peach and cucumber. 1 to 3pm 30 grams of grilled chicken with 1/3 of a grilled nopal with half a cup of white rice which I substituted with black rice. 5p to 6p a cup of sugarless Jello. 8p to 9p a cup of fruit, banana, apple, pear and melon. All this with 2 liters of Water being consumed throughout the day along with 30-45 minutes of moderate walking from Monday to Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G925V using BariatricPal mobile app

Contacted my nutritionist because eating twice a day was no longer enough so now I am eating basically 5 times and I start today. Here is my Monday meal plan; breakfast 7:30-8:30 two egg whites (actual eggs not the type you buy in a carton) with 30 grams of tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and green Beans as options with half a slice of wheat toast. From 10a-12n a cup of fruits apple, peach and cucumber. 1 to 3pm 30 grams of grilled chicken with 1/3 of a grilled nopal with half a cup of white rice which I substituted with black rice. 5p to 6p a cup of sugarless Jello. 8p to 9p a cup of fruit, banana, apple, pear and melon. All this with 2 liters of Water being consumed throughout the day along with 30-45 minutes of moderate walking from Monday to Saturday.

How’s the new diet going? Any issues? Any issues getting your water in (2L)?
Are you on stomach pills (acid reflux)?

Diet is going well so far. Bit of an issue getting the two liters of Water, but either do meet it or just under it. Have to take 40 mg of Omeprazole delayed release. Overall feeling great. Today is 30 days since the surgery and have lost 38 lbs.

Diet is going well so far. Bit of an issue getting the two liters of Water, but either do meet it or just under it. Have to take 40 mg of Omeprazole delayed release. Overall feeling great. Today is 30 days since the surgery and have lost 38 lbs.

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work.