Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

[emoji848] BariatricPal Team MX

Undoubtedly there is a "better forum thread" for my question, but I am not finding it. Doubt that the question deserves to be a new thread.

What has the community heard about Bariatricpal Team-MX's package of 1 night in the hotel?

During my research this summer, the package of 2 nights in the hospital and 2 more nights at the recovery center/hotel was a comforting thought. I expect to travel alone, don't have a follow-up surgeon, and thought the 2nd night seemed like a prudent choice over other a Tijuana bariatric surgeons, who were offering shorter recovery periods. When I booked with Bill Yanez, I heard the package was now just one night in the hotel. Bill offered to book me a 2nd night at the hotel for an up-charge, but didn't offer an explanation for the change. When I came back to the forum I found a post stating that the package had changed from 2 nights to 1 night, but the point of her post was that she was happy with the surgeon, and wasn't commenting on the length change. Bill Yanez didn't answer a followup email asking about the change, and I believe that he has been occupied for the last month with his own VSG. Found two websites for Dr. Illan, both copyrighted for 2017, and one flat-out recommends 2 nights in the hotel unless coordinated with the follow-up surgeon. Sent an email to Dr. Illan's website... so far nothing but crickets. {I know he has a Facebook presence, but I don't Facebook}

I am on the schedule with Dr. Illan; comfortable with his reputation; aware that Bariatric Pal Team-MX is his only coordination service... so am not looking to rock the boat. Just curious as to what led the team to decrease the stay? Thought maybe somebody else had already gotten an explanation and would share. Maybe it was great news! Patients were bored stiff after a 3rd night, nobody needed anymore recovery time, and 99% of the feedback was "get us out of here."

I agree with being concerned about only staying one night post op in the hotel and when I asked Bill about this he assured me it was long enough. I am flying 3.5 hrs from Canada so wanted to make sure I was good to travel. I am heading there a day before surgery (November 30th) and have booked a room through Bill at Pueblo Amigo hotel for approx $73 US a night. Bill just had his vsg surgery last week but is back to work now and has usually answered any of my emails quite promptly. There also is a ton of info on the fb group if you want to reconsider joining that.

Hi guys! I just returned from there last night. We stayed 1 night at the hotel after the hospital and it was honestly more than enough time. I felt restless and ready to go home after that. They even send the doctor to your hotel room that evening to check up on you! I don’t know about the US but in Canada that’s never gonna happen [emoji57]
@Sheldrea We left early the next morning for Canada (12 hr trip with the delays) just make sure you have plenty of Water and wear the stockings and you’ll be fine.

@Angie’s_Ocean. Thanks so much for the info! I will take the Water and compression stockings advice serious 😊 I’m fortunate that my flight is direct and only 3.5 hours.

@Angie’s_Ocean. Thanks so much for the info! I will take the Water and compression stockings advice serious [emoji4] I’m fortunate that my flight is direct and only 3.5 hours.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions whatsoever :)

20 hours ago, Angie's_Ocean said:

Hi guys! I just returned from there last night. We stayed 1 night at the hotel after the hospital and it was honestly more than enough time. I felt restless and ready to go home after that. They even send the doctor to your hotel room that evening to check up on you! I don’t know about the US but in Canada that’s never gonna happen
@Sheldrea We left early the next morning for Canada (12 hr trip with the delays) just make sure you have plenty of Water and wear the stockings and you’ll be fine.

HI Angie's_ocean.... quick question for you.... did you bring your own compression stockings? Or did Bariatricpal MX hospital provide you with them?? Do they provide a binder for you to put around your abdomen as well ?

Also, did they give you an incentive spirometer to use ??

Just some questions I had! I'm sure i can ask Bill but don't want to inundate him with too much. I've just booked for my VSG on 15th Jan!!

HI Angie's_ocean.... quick question for you.... did you bring your own compression stockings? Or did Bariatricpal MX hospital provide you with them?? Do they provide a binder for you to put around your abdomen as well ?
Also, did they give you an incentive spirometer to use ??
Just some questions I had! I'm sure i can ask Bill but don't want to inundate him with too much. I've just booked for my VSG on 15th Jan!!

They do give you stockings to wear and take home with you. No binder.
What’s a spirometer?

6 minutes ago, Angie's_Ocean said:

They do give you stockings to wear and take home with you. No binder.< br /> What’s a spirometer?

HI Angie! Thanks good to know about the stockings and no binder!

The spirometer is that plastic thing that I've been seeing patients here in the US be given after surgery, basically you inhale/exhale into/out of and it helps clear the lungs from the effects of anesthesia....

HI Angie! Thanks good to know about the stockings and no binder!
The spirometer is that plastic thing that I've been seeing patients here in the US be given after surgery, basically you inhale/exhale into/out of and it helps clear the lungs from the effects of anesthesia....

Oh ok. Lol, yes I got one of those thingys while in the hospital [emoji4]

18 minutes ago, Angie's_Ocean said:

Oh ok. Lol, yes I got one of those thingys while in the hospital

Ahh great!! One less thing for me to buy lol