Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is from a Facebook page for the O Clinic (bariatric clinic). I really needed this today:

** Support versus Comparison **

There are some amazing support networks online for Bariatric patients. But, when does 'support' evolve into 'comparisonitis'? Comparisonitis is unhelpful and reduces a person's confidence in their own weight loss attempts. It leads to comparisons being made of other people's weight loss numbers and the speed of their weight loss. It can become extremely un-motivating. So, of course, draw upon the fantastic support from all of the forums, but be mindful that everyone will have a different weight loss journey and aim to focus on and enjoy your own. Don't let 'comparisonitis' creep up on you :) Rachael Haynes (Psychologist).

9 minutes ago, PrayingForWeightLoss said:

This is from a Facebook page for the O Clinic (bariatric clinic). I really needed this today:

** Support versus Comparison **

There are some amazing support networks online for Bariatric patients. But, when does 'support' evolve into 'comparisonitis'? Comparisonitis is unhelpful and reduces a person's confidence in their own weight loss attempts. It leads to comparisons being made of other people's weight loss numbers and the speed of their weight loss. It can become extremely un-motivating. So, of course, draw upon the fantastic support from all of the forums, but be mindful that everyone will have a different weight loss journey and aim to focus on and enjoy your own. Don't let 'comparisonitis' creep up on you :) Rachael Haynes (Psychologist).

I'm sorry but what are you talking about ? I haven't seen anyone having what your talking about. Has something happened on this forum?

This a post I made to remind myself when I face my own struggles especially during a stall. Nowhere in my post did I say this is happening here. This is me reminding myself what this surgery is about. If it applies to someone else they might draw inspiration from it. I have seen others posting that they feel they are not doing well and losing at the same as others. These are the people this may possibly apply to.

On 06/10/2017 at 1:01 AM, PrayingForWeightLoss said:

This a post I made to remind myself when I face my own struggles especially during a stall. Nowhere in my post did I say this is happening here. This is me reminding myself what this surgery is about. If it applies to someone else they might draw inspiration from it. I have seen others posting that they feel they are not doing well and losing at the same as others. These are the people this may possibly apply to.

I never said you said anything, jeeze i was just asking what this post meant as it made no sense to me, wow. well glad you reminded your self, sorry for actually not just scrolling past and actually responding. My mistake. You wrote it on this forum so I thought oddly perhaps something may have happened.. On this forum. I know strange thought .I will leave your thread now. Your response was quite defensive when I was only trying to get a clearer picture what you were actually saying , instead of just reading and not responding.

I never said you said anything, jeeze i was just asking what this post meant as it made no sense to me, wow. well glad you reminded your self, sorry for actually not just scrolling past and actually responding. My mistake. You wrote it on this forum so I thought oddly perhaps something may have happened.. On this forum. I know strange thought .I will leave your thread now. Your response was quite defensive when I was only trying to get a clearer picture what you were actually saying , instead of just reading and not responding.

It's very unfortunate that you now want to turn this into a negative post with your response. You asked for a clarification of the post and I provided it. Now you are being sarcastic because I didn't respond the way you wanted or expected me to. Hope you have a lovely day. I sincerely wish you the best in your weight loss journey.

1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

Puh-leeze.

Personally I think having other WLS people to socialize with is wonderful. It's nice to have a network to chat with share experiences and also compare your WLS journey with. I'm pre op and really enjoy looking at the before and after transformations. These people are an inspiration. It gives hope to all struggling with the issues and stigma of WLS. This is a major life decision I'm happy to have a place to post and lurk around. =)

Sent from my LGMS330 using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree 100%.