Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, BunnyJean said:

It's so funny you say that about your bladder. I have always drank alot of Water (and funny that my new tummy hates plain Water STILL). Always peeing. But not volumes of pee, just pee and yes rushing to go. Now....I go alot but NOT AS MUCH. Don't have to rush and MORE comes out in a good stream. I was thinking to myself....I should have been catheratized a long time ago if this is the outcome! It's good news. WHO KNEW???? LOL As far as coffee black...ick. I just put in a bit of Fairlife 2% milk. It's lactose free. And the 2% is as creamy as Creamer. you only need a bit.

On a side note....we can have SF popsicles. Can we also have SF fudgicles? I think yes.

What I was told is: "If it turns to liquid in room temperature it's a full liquid". I say go for it.

Sleeve on 11/10/17 Day 5 post op getting about 52oz of liquid and force feeding myself 30grams of Protein (dr. Wants me to get 60gram) I emailed him and he is extending my liquid diet until I can get all the protein. Any good protein out there . I have tried Isopure, GNC lean shakes both powder and pre made drinks and also medical grade flavorless all of them make me gag and dry heave . I feel like I’ve worked so hard over the past 7 months to get to this point and I just want something that’s tolerable I am now beginning struggling emotionally with not meeting the requirements. Any advise ??

10 minutes ago, meech513 said:

Sleeve on 11/10/17 Day 5 post op getting about 52oz of liquid and force feeding myself 30grams of Protein (dr. Wants me to get 60gram) I emailed him and he is extending my liquid diet until I can get all the Protein. Any good protein out there . I have tried Isopure, GNC lean shakes both powder and pre made drinks and also medical grade flavorless all of them make me gag and dry heave . I feel like I’ve worked so hard over the past 7 months to get to this point and I just want something that’s tolerable I am now beginning struggling emotionally with not meeting the requirements. Any advise ??

I think it's a good thinkgto be on the liquid diet. I was sleeved 2 days before you and don't think my gut would handle digesting anything but. I think our poor stomachs just need to heal. Even though I WANT to eat so bad! People told me that my taste would change....and yup it has. I normally, in a course of former tummy, drank 80-100 ozs of Water a day. Now my new stomach doesn't even LIKE plain water. I get cramps. But I can have Vitamin water. Go figure. I just dilute it half and half. This is what I'm doing to get around not being able to tolerate stuff in order to get in protein and liquids. For my meals, I sometimes have hot tea with unflavored protein. I bought genpro from Amazon. Not cheap but gives 30 grams per scoop. I mix it with a little bit of water to thin paste consistancy then I add it to my hot tea. I will also do this with Bone Broth. Just make sure you mix it FIRST. I have Unjury unflavored but have not tried it yet. MOST people rave about the Unjury chicken Soup flavored one. When I feel I need to "eat" vs drink, I will mix 1/4 cup 0 or 2% plain fage yogurt with a scoop of Inspire peanutbutter cup. I will add a tablespoon or so to thin it a bit. That gives me at least 26 grams protein. Hope some of these ideas help you.

Has anyone experienced severe acid reflux when they take their liquid Tylenol?
I was sleeved 11/7 and haven't needed any pain meds yet. Last night I had a maaaasssive head ache ( I'm super dehydrated) and took a half does. HOLY CRAP! Spent the whole night up with acid bubbling up my throat.

Anyone else experience this?

I think it's a good thinkgto be on the liquid diet. I was sleeved 2 days before you and don't think my gut would handle digesting anything but. I think our poor stomachs just need to heal. Even though I WANT to eat so bad! People told me that my taste would change....and yup it has. I normally, in a course of former tummy, drank 80-100 ozs of Water a day. Now my new stomach doesn't even LIKE plain water. I get cramps. But I can have Vitamin water. Go figure. I just dilute it half and half. This is what I'm doing to get around not being able to tolerate stuff in order to get in Protein and liquids. For my meals, I sometimes have hot tea with unflavored protein. I bought genpro from Amazon. Not cheap but gives 30 grams per scoop. I mix it with a little bit of water to thin paste consistancy then I add it to my hot tea. I will also do this with Bone Broth. Just make sure you mix it FIRST. I have Unjury unflavored but have not tried it yet. MOST people rave about the Unjury chicken Soup flavored one. When I feel I need to "eat" vs drink, I will mix 1/4 cup 0 or 2% plain fage yogurt with a scoop of Inspire peanutbutter cup. I will add a tablespoon or so to thin it a bit. That gives me at least 26 grams protein. Hope some of these ideas help you.

Your so right . I need to just focus on this stage I’m in and not worry about moving to the next until I am physically ready. Genpro is the one I have so mybe later I will try it in my tea or broth I may prefer it warm. Thanks for all the advice . I’m a Little soar from my walk to GNC so I’m going to take my pain medication and try to nap.

1 hour ago, emgem said:

Has anyone experienced severe acid reflux when they take their liquid Tylenol?
I was sleeved 11/7 and haven't needed any pain meds yet. Last night I had a maaaasssive head ache ( I'm super dehydrated) and took a half does. HOLY CRAP! Spent the whole night up with acid bubbling up my throat.

Anyone else experience this?

oh no that is NOT good. You should tell your team. I have liquid tylenol but have not needed it. My surgeon has me on Prilosec for months. I have to open the pull and put the beads in sugar free applesauce or yogurt & have that each day. He told me we have the same acid being produced with a smaller stomache so this is to keep the acid at bay so that the staple line etc heals. I would def tell my team about that. Also, start sipping constantly. You need to hydrate. My nurse told me it was more important at this stage than trying to get in the Protein. That a whole host of things can happen if we get dehydrated. Good luck...I iwouldn't take anymore of that.

oh no that is NOT good. You should tell your team. I have liquid tylenol but have not needed it. My surgeon has me on Prilosec for months. I have to open the pull and put the beads in sugar free applesauce or yogurt & have that each day. He told me we have the same acid being produced with a smaller stomache so this is to keep the acid at bay so that the staple line etc heals. I would def tell my team about that. Also, start sipping constantly. You need to hydrate. My nurse told me it was more important at this stage than trying to get in the Protein. That a whole host of things can happen if we get dehydrated. Good luck...I iwouldn't take anymore of that.

Yikes!!! Thanks for the info! I'm definitely never taking that stuff again!

I'll call my dr in the morning, not gonna like the acid has me grouchy!

Thanks!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, emgem said:

Yikes!!! Thanks for the info! I'm definitely never taking that stuff again!

I'll call my dr in the morning, not gonna like the acid has me grouchy!

Thanks!!!!!!!

I agree

Headed back to the OR! See you all on the other side! :-)

Surgery Date: 11/16/17
5'8"
HW- 416 (Sept. 2014)
CW- 351.6
SW-?????
GW- 160

1 minute ago, Lady83 said:

Headed back to the OR! See you all on the other side! :-)

Surgery Date: 11/16/17
5'8"
HW- 416 (Sept. 2014)
CW- 351.6
SW-?????
GW- 160

Welcome to the Losers Bench!!!

Best wishes Lady83!!! you got this!