Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS RI requirements?

3 minutes ago, briae13 said:

I'm approved! Just waiting to hear back about scheduling testing appointments

That's fantastic!! Congratulations! Mine were scheduled about 4 weeks out (give or take). When are you hoping to go in for surgery? What all testing are they having you do? (I've got an EKG and an upper GI, plus blood work to be done within a week or so of surgery.)

Are you getting excited? I don't get nervous for surgery typically, but I'll admit I'm getting a bit nervous for this!

I'm hoping for January but I have to give my work a month advance notice so all depends on when I can get my date. As far as I know I'll be having the same tests. I am excited but crazy nervous!

On 11/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, briae13 said:

I'm hoping for January but I have to give my work a month advance notice so all depends on when I can get my date. As far as I know I'll be having the same tests. I am excited but crazy nervous!

Me too crazy nervous! My work knows, at least just my immediate team, so I've some flexibility on timing since I have a general idea when I expect to go. At Thanksgiving yesterday I reflected on how different my dinner plate will look next year (and was extra mindful of when I got full this year).

I hope you hear about the testing soon! For me that took about three - 4 days, but I knew before the surgeon's office did because of Lifespan's web portal. If you're connected there you'll probably get a notification before the doc's office calls. It's fun having someone else going through the same thing and program at about the same time!

On 11/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, briae13 said:

Edited by Subaru
Duplicate post

So talked to surgeon's office today, a little disheartened. They told me it will be roughly 2-3 weeks before I receive my appointment info via mail. This pushed back my guesstimated timeline and now I'm thinking I probably won't be in for surgery till February, possibly march if there's any problems in testing. [emoji20] so tired of everything being up in there and not being able to plan for anything. So frustrating [emoji53]

37 minutes ago, briae13 said:

So talked to surgeon's office today, a little disheartened. They told me it will be roughly 2-3 weeks before I receive my appointment info via mail. This pushed back my guesstimated timeline and now I'm thinking I probably won't be in for surgery till February, possibly march if there's any problems in testing. so tired of everything being up in there and not being able to plan for anything. So frustrating

I completely understand your frustration! It's weird (to me) how different surgeons in the same practice approach things differently. That said, your appointments may be sooner than you think. If they are in mid-late December you will hopefully get back in with your surgeon right away for the final pre-op visit and scheduling. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Totally-tentative-doesn’t-really-count-kind-of-tentative date of Dec 28. [emoji4][emoji119]

So just a heads up all, if you're going through Miriam and waiting for referrals/appointments/results/etc. you definitely have to stay on them about it.

At the beginning they didn't send out referrals when they were supposed to, not a big deal I made the appointments and got it sorted out. However, waiting for my GI/EKG/Blood work scheduling, called today, they didn't know I was waiting and didn't have me on the list for scheduling. Waiting on a call back to schedule now.

Moral of that story, don't sit back and wait! If it's been 2-3 weeks, call (squeaky wheel gets the oil for sure)! Whether once a week or twice or every other week, just stay on them, check in, because it seems like they will most definitely push you aside if they can. [emoji175]

13 hours ago, briae13 said:

Moral of that story, don't sit back and wait! If it's been 2-3 weeks, call (squeaky wheel gets the oil for sure)! Whether once a week or twice or every other week, just stay on them, check in, because it seems like they will most definitely push you aside if they can.

Definitely! I called frequently throughout the process. I actually expected they would get annoyed with me but they've really been quite wonderful. I absolutely agree that things move more quickly when you stay on top of the appointments and scheduling. As you said Brai, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I think it's just human nature. I hope your testing comes through for you today!

January 2nd is pre op, hopefully I can get in the same week for my surgery date

Fantastic! That’s when you were hoping for right? Given that it’s the holiday season this month will fly by!