Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Florida buddy. My surgery date is 10/2.

Doing well. 2 weeks post op now. Taking it slow adding new foods in. I tried pancakes, made healthy with Protein Powder at an awesome restaurant. It puffed up inside my tummy I think and first time I threw up post op. [emoji30]. I’m loosing an average of a pound a day which is cool to see.

Hi All,

To Angel im glad you're doing well. You may want to lay off any items that expand in your system. As an example I had no food come back up until I tried cashews that were lightly salted a little early. Also that was over 8 weeks post op. Im not saying all sleevers react the same way, just reminding that your body is telling you it may not be ready for that specific food even though it was healthy. Im glad you like your numbers and congrats on the good work so far.

To SVT, I hope you get through the insurance process soon. My approval process was fairly lengthy for my own reasons. Try to stay as positive as you can. If you have any questions let me know. As you get closer to getting approval you may want to see what Protein Drink will be preferable to you.

Very true roadrunner. I am still struggling to get all my Protein in. I’m not hungry yet and I have developed an aversion to milky stuff. I’ve tried the unflavored powder but I can still taste the milkyness of the whey.

Nausea plagued me like it never has before [emoji37]. I’m 3 weeks out now. The doc is happy with my progress so I need to be too I guess.

Hi,

I've heard that has happened to plenty of people. I think I am fortunate that my tastes didnt change. There are likely plenty of recipes out there that you may be able to use to substitute. Have you tried Unjury? I recently found a site called the Protein chef. You could also try making your own low sugar protein posicles.

The doc sees plenty of ppl with various levels of progress as well as different stages. I know I was a little hard on myself when I did not like how much I lost during the pre-op diet. So I suggest focusing on meeting goals set forth by your nutritionist and beginning to gradually increase your activity. I was irritated when I began to level out and as soon as my diet was changed my progress got going again. Activity has helped that even more. I've reduced more than 50 lbs. Would I like it to be more?, ofcourse I still give myself credit for where I'm at. Similar to any journey, as long as you get to your desired destination that is what counts.