Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Endoscopic procedure

Tomorrow is my endoscopic sleeve procedure. I'm Really ready but also a bit nervous. I just hope this will work!

Good luck on your surgery. Check back with us when you are on the other side to let us know how it went.

Yes! It will work because you will do your part to make the most of the support that this procedure offers. May your procedure be safe, easy and super successful. Tomorrow is the beginning of a whole new and wonderful life for you. Congrats!

2 hours ago, Connie115 said:

Tomorrow is my endoscopic sleeve procedure. I'm Really ready but also a bit nervous.

Best wishes to you and a steady hand and steely eye to your surgeon.

Good luck. If you really stick to your diet you will start a whole new life and never look back. All the best

Having had my week checkup today, I promise it will work. Just make sure that you follow your Doc's plan. Anytime I'm faced with a decision that may stray from the plan, I remind myself of why it's not worth straying. Good luck, hope it goes great.

@Connie115Good luck! Post how you are doing.

Hi everyone,

I had my endoscopic sleeve procedure done at Weill Cornell (NY Presbyterian Hospital) on Monday. So it has been only 48 hours. Everything went quite smoothly. I did not have any nausea. I went for an Upper GI X-ray and follow up blood work the next morning. I then flew home a few hours later (New York to Pittsburgh). The only discomforts am having are a very sore throat and tight chest. These are due to the tubes they insert during the procedure.

I am not hungry at all and am currently trying to find some drinks that taste good to me. My mouth is extremely dry.

Since this is my 3rd day - I am going to start with some Butternut Squash creamy Soup. Also - excited to say that I have already lost 5.5 pounds.

Day 5: feel back to normal. Dry throat and tight chest are gone. Not hungry at all. Like the taste of ensure lite and puréed Soup. Lost 9 pounds so far

Connie115, that's great news! Congrats on the surgery and hope that you continue the positive experience! Keep us up to date on your progress.

Hello everyone. I am new to this and any bariatric forum. I am seriously considering having an ESG but have some reservations. The closest surgeon to me that performs this procedure is Dr. Sadek in central/northern New Jersey. Has anyone had this procedure done with him? Can anyone recommend him? I went to see him about a year and a half ago when I was considering the gastric balloon and I was not comfortable with his consultation and decided against it. However, ESG seems like a more successful procedure with better outcomes but I'm not sure I want this surgeon and at the same time I don't want to travel hours away. I also don't want anyone to know which is why it also needs to be done close to home. Any advice and/or help would be much appreciated. My BMI now is 32 and I am 43 years old. Thanks in advance for your help!

Congrats Connie115!

Sounds like you are doing great! I'll be at Weill Cornell in less than two weeks. Were you given the patch for nausea? That could be what is causing the dry mouth. Please keep posting updates - I sent you a private message. :)

On 9/27/2017 at 9:36 AM, Connie115 said:

Hi everyone,

I had my endoscopic sleeve procedure done at Weill Cornell (NY Presbyterian Hospital) on Monday. So it has been only 48 hours. Everything went quite smoothly. I did not have any nausea. I went for an Upper GI X-ray and follow up blood work the next morning. I then flew home a few hours later (New York to Pittsburgh). The only discomforts am having are a very sore throat and tight chest. These are due to the tubes they insert during the procedure.

I am not hungry at all and am currently trying to find some drinks that taste good to me. My mouth is extremely dry.

Since this is my 3rd day - I am going to start with some Butternut Squash creamy Soup. Also - excited to say that I have already lost 5.5 pounds.