Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm trying not to get discouraged

1 I am making a pledge to myself that I will NOT allow myself to get discouraged over how long it seems to be taking to get a surgery , I am going to keep going!

2. I am going to take a before picture and weight prior to my surgery and then not weigh myself until the same date the next month.

3. I am going to take a before picture and weight prior to my surgery, and then I will not weigh myself until my first month anniversary, second anniversary, etc.

4. I am going to Celebrate every small victory with a non food related prize, such as a new shirt, new purse, etc (any reason to buy a purse is a good reason!)

5. I am going to do everything the docs tell me to do so that I have the BEST chance at success. I have had too many failures in my life and I'm ready for a win!

6. I am going to keep journaling my emotions, challenges and victories as an outlet.

FEEL FREE TO GIVE THIS ROOKIE ANY IDEA THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED AND I'M GOING TO HANG THEM ON MY FRIDGE, MY BATHROOM WALL, MY BEDROOM, ETC. I NEED YOUR GREAT IDEAS AND ENCOURAGEMENT ON THE BEST WAY TO SUCCEED IN THIS DIFFICULT JOURNEY!!

You're an inspiration! Keep it up!

Excellent!

I think my number one hint would be to try a variety of Protein Shakes to see what you like--knowing that your tastes may chance post-op. And find other options for getting your Protein besides the shakes, because you almost certainly will get very tired of them. I have used protein Water, yogurt, and some high-protein Soup to help with this; now that I can, I also have cottage cheese and some pureed things. But I still needed a shake today to make the goal--I'll be so happy when I can do that without them!

Best of luck!

Excellent idea! I'm going to put that on my list, buy a variety of things to be here for after my surgery and have a Protein Fest! LOL thank you so much for that really great tip!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

one of the most important things is also make sure you get in enough Water. try getting use to it ahead of time, sip, sip and sip some more all day, it is a good habit to get into, because it will be harder to do after surgery.

Edited by Waler

You're off to a great start with that attitude! I like the non-food rewards idea. I shop at thrift stores for smaller clothes while I'm shrinking. I also look for fun ways to get fluids in. Flavored waters, iced coffees, cute Water bottles, etc. Anything that makes it more doable! :-)

Take your measurements before surgery and monthly - chest, waist, hips, biceps and thighs. Sometimes the inches come off when the scale doesn't move.

I would weigh weekly and not monthly. Monthly is too long a time to go between. If you decide to weigh daily (as I do) you have to be committed to not letting the plus or minus 5 get you down. (You can fluctuate that much in a day's time.)

Best of luck.

I love your attitude.

I would start exercising now. Find an activity that you really like doing so it will be easy for you to make a habit of it.

I know diet is 80% of losing weight, but getting fit has so many physical and mental benefits to our health that I think it is a very important aspect.

Thank you folks for all of your great ideas!!!! Time to add to the list!!!