Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNY November 2017

Wow! Nice to be moved up! My doc office called and said my pre-op tests show I have a bladder infection, so they are putting me on antibiotics. Glad they caught it now in time to treat and not delay surgery!

Thank you FL girl! Ask for a gall bladder ultrasound & you may be surprised like I was! No symptoms & still a huge gallstone! Yes I'll keep you updated! Thank you!!!💕🙏🏼Hugs, 🌼Jennifer

November 1st

Hi y'all! Can I join your group? My surgeon is submitting me to insurance for approval today. She's guessing that we'll know within a couple of weeks and can set a date. She's leaning on trying to get me in at the end of November, or at worst, first week of December. She would rather I not wait until the first of the year. So right now, it's more limbo, even though we finally were able to pick a definitive surgery--RNY.

@RNY-Fall-2017 Wow, hope the surgery went well!! Saying prayers for you and that your BP has come down nicely.

@ClbsMm2000 Glad they caught the UTI and can get it knocked out quickly. They're miserable!

45 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hi y'all! Can I join your group? My surgeon is submitting me to insurance for approval today. She's guessing that we'll know within a couple of weeks and can set a date. She's leaning on trying to get me in at the end of November, or at worst, first week of December. She would rather I not wait until the first of the year. So right now, it's more limbo, even though we finally were able to pick a definitive surgery--RNY.

So you decided to go for it ASAP instead of waiting until after the holidays -- good for you!!! OK, I'm jealous, haha, maybe my surgeon will move me up at my next appt. I'll be through all of the pre-quals.

Edited by Apple203

Welcome!

And I have been wondering what happened to those at the beginning of the month , how did it go to them? Hope we hear from them soon!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

22 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

So you decided to go for it ASAP instead of waiting until after the holidays -- good for you!!! OK, I'm jealous, haha, maybe my surgeon will move me up at my next appt. I'll be through all of the pre-quals.

@Apple203 Hahaha! I was gob-smacked yesterday. Saying prayers your surgeon moves you up!! ((hugs)) It's such a relief getting through/passing all the tests. With each test, I was sure I would fail. When is your next appointment?

I figured we would just sit and talk about which surgery to have definitely. She told me that she was concerned that putting it off might make me lose momentum. She said that I was ready right then--that I'd done all the testing and had 3 visits with the RD and that she wanted to try to get me in and approved now. I was like, "Gulp. Scuse me while I change my pants..." And then I heard myself say, "OK." What the fork was I thinking? :blush::blink: So now I was awake all night last night playing the second-guessing-myself game. If it happens the way she's anticipating, then I would get back from Wurstfest with my fam, then that Monday, would start the pre-op liquid diet.

She said she didn't know how long it would take insurance, but it sounded to me like she wanted it sooner rather than later. She knows I won't do any surgery after Dec. 5--until after January 2nd (and she's going on holiday in January). So maybe there is that? Also, I'm continuing to lose (minimal weight) at 1500cals/day and am at the 40BMI threshold. Don't know if that had any bearing on it or not?

But, I see the RD for the last time on 11.2 and see her again on 11.9 where I expect we will schedule the surgery and talk about any pre-op paperwork...

@Luisajfc Hiya!! And thanks for the welcome.

Edited by FluffyChix

@FluffyChick Some second guessing right before and after surgery sound pretty normal to me! :-)

My next appt with surgeon is in two weeks and my fingers are crossed!

Edited by Apple203

3 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

@FluffyChick Some second guessing right before and after surgery sound pretty normal to me! :-)

My next appt with surgeon is in two weeks and my fingers are crossed!

I see you're an inch taller than me and are about 10ish pounds lighter. Are you at all concerned about the BMI? I can't remember, are you doing a revision from the band to the sleeve? me=very little memory :blink:

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I see you're an inch taller than me and are about 10ish pounds lighter. Are you at all concerned about the BMI? I can't remember, are you doing a revision from the band to the sleeve? me=very little memory :blink:

Yes I am worried!! But I have 3 common comorbidities -- such is life as you grow older (I am 53).

Edited by Apple203

13 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I was worried with my BMI being only 37-38... but I also have 3 other co-morbities :/

Good morning November Buds! What's on your plan today?

Ugh the morning started out frustrating. LOL. I have a 5am alarm set to take my thyroid med. I remember waking up and yelling at it to shut up (Alexa) and it did. But couldn't remember if I actually took my thyroid med. :( Crap! So, I just took it and who knows...did I take it once? Or did I double dose myself? No way I can just count the pills. It was a 90day script...and I'm sure I've forgotten a dose or 2.

Oh well. If I grow hair on the back of my fingers today or gork out. It's been real and I'll miss you guys! LOL.

I have an appointment with my PCP this afternoon to re-evaluate my BP meds. I'm fairly certain he will want to raise the 3rd medicine. I do wish we knew why my BP is out of whack. I truly hope the surgery helps me with this! So I'm gonna fast until seeing him at 2:30pm today. Wouldn't you know it? I woke up hungry as hell today. LOL.

Ok, so today despite my frustrating beginnings, I'm choosing to be happy today and have a successful day--eating only on-plan food. (I'm already looking forward to dinner--homemade blackened tilapia, broccoli and garlic, avo + toms!)

What was the reason for the initial denial? I also had band, lost 50, had trouble, Fluid taken out, gained 35. I have my last weigh in on 11/9. Now I'm concerned that they are going to say no!

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so sorry!! I just saw this, so I guess I missed it. Originally insurance denied stating there was no medical reason to remove and that it was successful surgery. My cardiologist had written a letter stating he believed my heart was spawning due to my band, and I had went by ambulance to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack. I'm had tests done ruling out my heart. After they denied, I wrote an appeal letter setting out each incident, and that after the fluid was removed from my band the chest pains stopped. After review, they reversed the decision.

Good morning November Buds! What's on your plan today?
Ugh the morning started out frustrating. LOL. I have a 5am alarm set to take my thyroid med. I remember waking up and yelling at it to shut up (Alexa) and it did. But couldn't remember if I actually took my thyroid med. [emoji20] Crap! So, I just took it and who knows...did I take it once? Or did I double dose myself? No way I can just count the pills. It was a 90day script...and I'm sure I've forgotten a dose or 2.
Oh well. If I grow hair on the back of my fingers today or gork out. It's been real and I'll miss you guys! LOL.
I have an appointment with my PCP this afternoon to re-evaluate my BP meds. I'm fairly certain he will want to raise the 3rd medicine. I do wish we knew why my BP is out of whack. I truly hope the surgery helps me with this! So I'm gonna fast until seeing him at 2:30pm today. Wouldn't you know it? I woke up hungry as hell today. LOL.
Ok, so today despite my frustrating beginnings, I'm choosing to be happy today and have a successful day--eating only on-plan food. (I'm already looking forward to dinner--homemade blackened tilapia, broccoli and garlic, avo + toms!)

Omg , I have had one of those ... where I was waking up around that time to get to work, and would wake up while taking the train , wondering if I put on my shoes if I’m dressed or even if I close the door. When you tired your body might be awake but your brain is still snoring. But that’s life.

My last visit to the doc is tomorrow YAY ME! And I’m so nervous cuz is the psychology one, and I heard someone people get denied their surgery cuz of the psychologist. [emoji30] wish me luck!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps