Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op people only! Anyone in here that doesn't cook???

hi, I sometimes order a healthy meal from the cafe at my job,they serve "clean eating" food.this can be divided into several meals.i eat a fair amount of peanuts that I have to shell the more work to get to the reward which in turns has me eating less,good protein.i sometimes substitute peanuts for a meal and keep moving along [emoji4]

I'm definitely doing that.

I'm two days from being post-op, but I've been reading posts on the site for a long time . . . one option is to get a whole cooked chicken from your supermarket and use that. There are a fair number of things that don't take a lot of prep (e.g., just heating up some refried Beans with cheese or having some tuna with light mayo).
The best option, I think, is to put meal-sized portions in the freezer whenever you cook something that's more than a meal. Less waste than putting it in the fridge and less boredom than eating the same thing for a week straight. And when you don't feel like cooking, just defrost and nuke.

Thanks!!! I like those ideas. [emoji5]

I hated cooking prior to this process. It's part of what got me in trouble. But for me, what I've just recently gotten into that helps is a slow cooker. Throwing things into the pot in the morning and by the time it's dinner it's ready. Also having small things that pair well with others like deli meat and cream cheese or something like that that takes a couple seconds to put together. And then finally, I believe in leftovers because when we cook stuff it's almost like meal prepping because you have enough for the rest of the week! Which cuts down on the time cooking the rest of the week. Hopefully something in that helps

That's a good idea. I used to live off of my croc pot and left overs in the beginning but now im so sick of food all together i'm over left overs. I think i just view eating as a hassle these days lol.

@xoxococojay Girlfriend! Go fix your profile. Under your name it still shows Pre-Op. We wanna watch you go shrinkydink! Don't deny us our gratuitous pleasures. You know you want to own it! ;):D

[mention=302159]xoxococojay[/mention] Girlfriend! Go fix your profile. Under your name it still shows Pre-Op. We wanna watch you go shrinkydink! Don't deny us our gratuitous pleasures. You know you want to own it! [emoji6][emoji3]

Lol. I think i'm enjoying shrinking more than i should. I made it down to a 6, but my competitive self wants to be a 2 so bad because i still view myself as fat. Weird i know.

4 hours ago, Shell0909 said:

Where can I get an Insta Pot

Amazon! And they go on sale periodically (I got mine on Black Friday).

I don't mind cooking, it's the cleaning up after that I hate. I make quite the mess. I'm not sure what phase you're in, so these may not all be appropriate.

Things that I do on the convenience side:

Soups, Cottage cheese, sugar free Jello, pre cooked meats (mostly chicken breast), canned/frozen vegetables (ie green beans), there is a low carb milk out there as well.

I would also throw in sashimi, mexican food (ie chipotle ordered without the no-no toppings), etc.

If you don't want to cook, rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad is the easiest no cook healthy meal on the planet.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:46 AM, Shell0909 said:

Where can I get an Insta Pot

Walmart! (Was cheaper than amazon)

I love rotisserie chicken when I don't feel like cooking. Some stores also do other things like cooked pork tenderloin or rack of ribs.

I also do cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry preserves and some sliced strawberries - tastes yummy and you can make just the amount you want to eat.

Also, tuna, Protein Bars, lunch meat and cheese are some of my go-to foods.