Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 14 ? 20 October

Welcome Jaslady!

Thought I would be so much more sore today than I actually am, just slightly sore in my knees and hips again, but a good sore! Can't wait for Saturday! Oh yeah, I think I mentioned it 10 times already, but I'm repeating week 1 at least once.:nervous

welcome Jaslady! it's nice to have more of us crazy runners :) around here...

JM - when i first started awhile ago, i was having hip problems too. not horribly, but sore enough to notice. i knocked it down .3 MPH and that helped. maybe it will work for you too?

i have my final run of week 1 tomorrow. i know for a fact i will repeat week 1 again next week, but that's ok ... :eek:

thanks losing, I slowed it down a lot last night, don't know exactly how much I was running outside, but the pains are less today than they were tues and yesterday...

I did my third of three runs for week one this morning! Same problem with dog stopping to go to the bathroom! It felt fine. It was so early for me that I was kind of sleepy and that sort of helped. Now to decide if I am going to move on to week two this weekend? I am having a fill tomorrow and am supposed to do liquids for 2 days and mushies for one. Do you think I should hold off until sunday (mushy day) for my next run?

well, our 2nd week officially starts Sunday.

go with how your body feels. push yourself, but dont OVER push.

can you comfortably go 3 running days at 90 secs a run? if so, go for it!!

i will be repeating week 1.

I went to the walking track this afternoon and got poured on. So I went home and did the walk/jog around my house. It wasn't too bad although I wouldn't exactly call it 'jogging'. It was more like a fast shuffle. Progress not perfection! Jeanie:D

I'm so impressed that yall are doing this! I tried to start and did the first minute jog and thought my lungs were going to explode! think I need more eliptical and weight loss before I try this again

good luck all!

mcgreen, I weigh a lot more than you and I'm doing it. Yea, my lungs burn like hell, but its gotten better. Just keep at it!

mcgreen, I weigh a lot more than you and I'm doing it. Yea, my lungs burn like hell, but its gotten better. Just keep at it!

McGreen i weigh waaaaayyy more than you do to. I did work up to it by doing a couple of months swimming though.

I just think 'i can do anything for just 20mins'.

I thought it would be really hard on my joints but i actually am doing ok with it.

helllloooo ...

i had my final run of week 1 today. it went fairly well. averaged 3.5 on my "brisk walk" and 4.2-4.3 on my runs. i am definitely going to rework week 1 next M W F. just to try it, i went a bit longer my final run and all i could do was about 1min 10ish seconds. soooo far from the 1 min 30 seconds that i would need to do. but tell ya what - i am burning major calories on my runs. i love love love it!! :(

hope everyone is having a great week.... i actually cant wait til monday to start running again!

<p>I am going to do the first run of week 2 today (try) and see how it goes. I am doing a breast cancer walk tomorrow so I won't have time to go run (or energy) .. I am accepting the fact that I may not be able to do it.. I am still on liquids from the fill yesterday.</p>

(edit) I actually did the week 2! My lungs were burning but managed all 6 intervals. The walking intervals are longer and that made it possible for me. My dog is loving this!

so I did workout 3 of week 1 this morning, and it went great. I completed all of the runs, where previously I had to skip 2 of the runs in the middle just to catch my breath. I am still going to stay with week 1 next week, then maybe proceed to week 2 the following week. Like losing, I tried to see how long I could actually go for the last one and I came in at 1min 8sec.:rolleyes:

I do have to say that this is really helping out in all the other things I do for exercise. I've noticed a big difference in my spin class, it takes me a lot longer to work up a sweat on the elliptical machine, and I had an hour with my trainer last night after not seeing her for almost 3 weeks and she asked me what I had been doing. I not only looked leaner, but she noticed that my legs were much stronger. :whoo:

that is really great. I have noticed the weight picking up this past week - totally exciting. You could always start week 2 and then stop and not run the entire minutes - build up to it and then repeat week 2?

So i did workout 3 of week 1 lastnight. Was a little bit easier than when i did the first one.

Its weird how i always get a little nervous before i start it.

My workout buddy JMCambra: I think we should both try and do week 2 next week! I would feel better knowing you are in there with me doing it!

JM : Give it some thought and let me know, i will understand if u want to do week 1 again.