Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, was sleeved this morning and so far so good. I was nervous as heck but everybody at the hospital has been great. They have been giving me pain and Nasuea meds reliably to keep me ahead of that curve and comfortable. I have sipped, sipped, sipped and walked, walked, walked. Hope everyone.s procedure went well. On to day two .

Edited by msb-001

Was sleeved on 8/19/17. Woke up
Hurting so bad wondering why I did this to myself. I am hoping this gets better. I have no desire to eat Protein Drinks or anything I just hurt with lots of gas. Post op day 1

Well, I am less than 24-hours out from my GS surgery. I am first up on Monday (8/21) which means I arrive at the hospital at 6 am and in theory will have my procedure at 730 am. I have to acknowledge that reading these forums has been invaluable. I am not sure mentally I would have been able to get from here to there without this resource. Every time I have a question or a doubt, I jump to the forums. And the knowledge here and the encouragement from so many posters has usually calmed my nerves. That said, I do have just a little bit of pre-op jitters but mostly feel strong that this is the best thing for me. My recent high weight is around 327, I am down pre-op to around 312.5 ... and the pre-op diet (3 shakes a day and a small meal with Protein and a veggie) hasn't been too difficult for me. Anyhow, I am hoping all will go well. I'll check back in and post when I can. I am sure the next few days will be challenging but I am hoping for the best.

We are the exact same weight I was sleeved on 8/19 instead of today though! Let's be accountabilibuddies text me at 7606082823

16 hours ago, cg89 said:

Was sleeved on 8/19/17. Woke up
Hurting so bad wondering why I did this to myself. I am hoping this gets better. I have no desire to eat Protein drinks or anything I just hurt with lots of gas. Post op day 1

Hi cg89,

I also regretted the surgery post-op day 1. Trust that this is normal and the feelings will subside once you get into a "new normal". Your stomach just endured a traumatic surgery and mentally and physically will not be hungry. Hopefully you are on an IV drip so you won't be dehydrated while in the hospital because you're not going to want to drink anything! I was in the hospital 2 1/2 days for my surgery and I was only able to take in 6oz of Protein Drink and less than 10oz of Water the entire time. Walking really helps with the gas pain and it should go away in a couple of days.

Here's my surgery experience: I found that once I went home I was more exhausted than in pain. About 7 days post-op I was able to stop taking pain killers and 10 days post-op I noticed a huge difference in my energy that I started to feel like "me" again. I went back to work after 14 days. My smaller incisions stopped hurting around 2 1/2 weeks and I am now just over 5 weeks post-op and my large incisions has finally stopped aching. I'm telling you all of this because I wish I had a realistic timeline after I got my surgery. My surgeons were great but painted a picture that it was going to be a cake walk and mentally I really, really struggled. Once you transition from liquids to puree it will be like night and day.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything, and hang in there. :)

-coyote

Hello everyone! I am new to this blog as of 3 min ago. I want to start off by saying, prayers for all who will be getting sleeved in the near future. I know you will do well. As for me, my sleeve was scheduled for today but got postponed until Sept 6th because the Dr. is on vacation. I'm actually having my lap band removed and converting into the sleeve. My lap band experience was horrible and the acid reflux I developed from the band was not worth it. So I decided to convert to the sleeve hoping to get better results. I never lost much weight with the band. I've started my liquid diet 3 days early with yesterday being my first weighing in at 223 lbs. Yesterday was a struggle. Today was better so far. Is there anyone else on their 2 week pre op liquid diet? Would love to hear your experience thus far and any pointers from being bored with the same foods.

29 minutes ago, Marina174 said:

Hello everyone! I am new to this blog as of 3 min ago. I want to start off by saying, prayers for all who will be getting sleeved in the near future. I know you will do well. As for me, my sleeve was scheduled for today but got postponed until Sept 6th because the Dr. is on vacation. I'm actually having my lap band removed and converting into the sleeve. My lap band experience was horrible and the acid reflux I developed from the band was not worth it. So I decided to convert to the sleeve hoping to get better results. I never lost much weight with the band. I've started my liquid diet 3 days early with yesterday being my first weighing in at 223 lbs. Yesterday was a struggle. Today was better so far. Is there anyone else on their 2 week pre op liquid diet? Would love to hear your experience thus far and any pointers from being bored with the same foods.

Hi Marina............... I've just recently joined this forum too! My Sleeve has been postponed 3 times due to my Cellulitis.....hoping for surgery on 9.25.17 this time around. I had started the Liquid Diet, was into the 2nd day & I was in bad shape, this last time..... I was so light headed, dizzy & sickish.....just hated it! Since then, my dietician told me getting over that second day is when your body starts to actually burn the stored fat in your body.....good news, huh? But, getting past it is the next thing. There must be some foods you can actually eat when on this Liquid Diet or so it seems to me. Wondering if anyone else can give us some ideas.

Good Luck!!!! I will pray for you, hon! ......................... Deeme in WI

Hi Marina............... I've just recently joined this forum too! My Sleeve has been postponed 3 times due to my Cellulitis.....hoping for surgery on 9.25.17 this time around. I had started the liquid diet, was into the 2nd day & I was in bad shape, this last time..... I was so light headed, dizzy & sickish.....just hated it! Since then, my dietician told me getting over that second day is when your body starts to actually burn the stored fat in your body.....good news, huh? But, getting past it is the next thing. There must be some foods you can actually eat when on this Liquid Diet or so it seems to me. Wondering if anyone else can give us some ideas.
Good Luck!!!! I will pray for you, hon! ......................... Deeme in WI

Thanks Deeme! Hopefully your surgery will no longer be delayed. I'm getting super excited but this liquid diet is very challenging. The headaches that come with it. I'm managing to hang in there. Good luck to you!

I had my VSG surgery yesterday and I feel absolutely awful; still in hospital, can't keep down liquids, can't get comfortable. I thought I would be in much better shape at this point. Feeling very low.

I had my VSG surgery yesterday and I feel absolutely awful; still in hospital, can't keep down liquids, can't get comfortable. I thought I would be in much better shape at this point. Feeling very low.

I feel absolutely awful too. I got discharged after 1 day and am right now getting driven to my parents house where I will get iv fluids, (both parents are family practice doctors) cause I can't keep anything down. Even ice is making me vomit. Hoping this will get better. Sorry that you are in the same boat. This boat sucks

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had an awful first two days where I was definitely regretting this but it does get better! I'm only 2 weeks out and still struggling with some things but feel a million times better than I did at first. Hang in there!

So exciting! I had surgery 8/15! Good luck to all! Look forward to reading updates!! 👍🏻

17 hours ago, Marina174 said:

Thanks Deeme! Hopefully your surgery will no longer be delayed. I'm getting super excited but this liquid diet is very challenging. The headaches that come with it. I'm managing to hang in there. Good luck to you!

It's looking like 9.25.17 might be a go! Trying to stay positive! Yeah.... the Liquid Diet is no fun at all. Kicking coffee is worse for me..... I've drank it since I was born....well, a long time! lol Try to take it easy, try deep breathing & meditate, read a book or just try something new. Did you start a journal of this new chapter in your life? ................... This too will pass, as they say! ................... Praying for you! ☺