Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am thankful for you all- but I need help

I know I have posted many MANY times about my struggles with regain. I have attempted resets and restarts multiple times but fail every time.

Today I am ready. I just have had enough. Absolutely enough. I am SICK AND TIRED. I am angry at myself for having lost all of my will power. I did SO great post op and then things changed. My personal life went into chaos-it's like I totally forgot that I'm a bariatric patient.

Today I realized that there is NO MAGIC PILL for regain. I've tried it all, but right in this minute I realized that going back to basics and getting my butt into a gym are the key. There is no secret. I promise I won't ever post again asking WHAT to do. I may post asking how to tweak something or for a bit of guidance, but I KNOW WHAT TO DO... so today, today is my day.

Today I start back with dense Proteins, tracking my Water, giving up the pop permanently, cutting all the carbs, treats, snacking, etc. I WILL add shakes too, because I work nights and part of my problem has been eating through the day, then eating all night at work just to stay awake. If i'm going to have to do SOMETHING to stay awake, i'd rather it be a shake than pizza or junk.

Please. PLEASE pray for me, cheer me on, drop me a smile or a piece of support. Whatever you have, please help me along. I have little access to a surgeon (I had to leave my original surgeon due to a move, and my new surgeon only wants to talk revision). I attended a new support group and liked them, they only meet once a month. I'm walking in there again in a couple weeks and going to ask for email/phone/text contact info of the members so I can stay in touch with them.

Ok. I'm ready. Seriously, truly ready. Here we go.

Day 1.

100%, you have my support!!!!! Change happens, when we're fed up and are READY to make that change.

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek." -Mario Andretti

Congrats on deciding to finally do it! And you can!

The best thing you can do for yourself is to make a chart of what you will eat for the day (meeting Protein, carb, fat, and calorie requirements). Then eat the same thing every day.

Since you work nights, plan for a meal and snack while you work ("lunch").

If you tell me your macro goals and any food aversions, I can help you come up with a plan.

I'm relying on a bariatric-keto type approach. I know that drinking purely shakes at over 3 years post op won't really do much for me, so I'm dropping carbs below 30 or so a day. But i'm also going to keep my old bariatric favorites on hand, like Quest bars, some Protein powders (if a shake is necessary i'll probably have them with Water or a 'lite' sugar free juice). Also going to take some of my most favorite bariatric recipes and cook all day today.

Hubs is hopping on board too, he lost almost 40 lbs initially when I had my surgery- just from the change in my cooking. he gained that all back and feels terrible physically from the added weight.

Having already prepared food on hand is key for us, which is guess is PLANNING for the most part. without the food prepared and in the fridge, we will both hit the cafeterias at work and pick bad choices.

I will pray for your success.

Wahoooo. You CAN do this. Baby steps. One at a time! Sayin' prayers!

Sounds like a great plan. Ill keep you in my prayers.

I have faith that you can do this!! You know why? Because you already did it!!! Reach out to all of us we will be there for you!! All the way along. Above all: KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!