Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Factor 75 - wow, this looks like THE ANSWER!

we are all familiar with prepared meal delivery services like Blue Apron, Plated, Peached Dish, etc.

but this one seems to take the cake in terms of optimally healthy, whole-food, paleo/keto food. it's called Factor 75.

https://www.factor75.com/nutrition

anyone try this yet? i know all of these services are pretty expensive, but for us bariatric patients with smaller eating capacities, i bet one meal could serve as two (lunch and dinner). the meals seem to be about 400-500 calories each and have the ideal macronutrient ratio. everything is grass-fed, local, organic.

seems like the perfect solution for single (or married) folk who haven't the time to shop or the skill to cook.

Before the surgery, I was a huge lover of Plated. I will check out what you presented, I'm always up for a healthy meal plan, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, JohnnyCakes said:

we are all familiar with prepared meal delivery services like Blue Apron, Plated, Peached Dish, etc.

but this one seems to take the cake in terms of optimally healthy, whole-food, paleo/keto food. it's called Factor 75.

https://www.factor75.com/nutrition

anyone try this yet? i know all of these services are pretty expensive, but for us bariatric patients with smaller eating capacities, i bet one meal could serve as two (lunch and dinner). the meals seem to be about 400-500 calories each and have the ideal macronutrient ratio. everything is grass-fed, local, organic.

seems like the perfect solution for single (or married) folk who haven't the time to shop or the skill to cook.

Alright, I don't live by the reviews of others, but I feel if they all follow the same suit, something within the complaint is valid. I'm still reading, but initially, this looks like a great plan.

I think paying for leftovers is insane. Paying through the nose for leftovers is even worse. Premade food are just left overs.

I eat for less than $5 a day and I eat about a pound of meat a day. $11 is $15 a meal is 2 to 3 days worth of food for me.

6 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I think paying for leftovers is insane. Paying through the nose for leftovers is even worse. Premade food are just left overs.

I eat for less than $5 a day and I eat about a pound of meat a day. $11 is $15 a meal is 2 to 3 days worth of food for me.

I pretty much do the same, but not everyone is capable of cooking a great meal nor able to find the time to fully commit to making a daily meal. I think for those, this is a great idea, but this company, I'll pass. I used Plated and really enjoyed preparing their meals. Since the surgery, I put that to rest.

6 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

what?!? so by your logic, when you go to a restaurant, you are eating their leftovers? wtf are you talking about???

congrats on your eating-cheap-meat nutritional program. but there's a tad more variety (and vegetables) with this service. if it's too expensive for you, just move on...

5 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I pretty much do the same, but not everyone is capable of cooking a great meal nor able to find the time to fully commit to making a daily meal. I think for those, this is a great idea, but this company, I'll pass. I used Plated and really enjoyed preparing their meals. Since the surgery, I put that to rest.

I agree that not everyone is capable of cooking a great meal, but is a pretty basic skill that a lot of people (myself) learn as children. I think learning to cook, is helpful in eating healthy and maintain weight. I can start to finish from stepping into the kitchen be eating in 10 minutes or less. Cooking is not hard or time consuming especially for one person. It is fast and easy. We eat so little food, I feel like meal prep is an important part of a meal, and it adds mindfulness about eating.

I like the idea of the services that provide the food and the recipes. I think that is a good way for people to learn cooking skills and new recipes.

Meal prep, pre-packaged meals, are a special type to hell to me. No thanks.

5 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

what?!? so by your logic, when you go to a restaurant, you are eating their leftovers? wtf are you talking about???

congrats on your eating-cheap-meat nutritional program. but there's a tad more variety (and vegetables) with this service. if it's too expensive for you, just move on...

When I go to a restaurant my food is cooked to order, and what I don't finish, I do not eat. Pre-cooked and shipped food that isn't fresh doesn't appeal to me.

Cost really isn't the main factor beyond, just paying for something inferior. It is like buying a super charged Dodge Challenger/Charger, when you can get a BMW or a Benz for the same price.

This is the internet, everyone isn't going to agree with you. Don't come here pushing a product or service and expect that everyone is going to jump on board.

58 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

I agree that not everyone is capable of cooking a great meal, but is a pretty basic skill that a lot of people (myself) learn as children. I think learning to cook, is helpful in eating healthy and maintain weight. I can start to finish from stepping into the kitchen be eating in 10 minutes or less. Cooking is not hard or time consuming especially for one person. It is fast and easy. We eat so little food, I feel like meal prep is an important part of a meal, and it adds mindfulness about eating.

I like the idea of the services that provide the food and the recipes. I think that is a good way for people to learn cooking skills and new recipes.

I was just looking at Plated, their menu has changed, significantly. The last time I ordered was in 2015, but the types of foods I'm looking for now, do not fit my needs. I'd have to modify and severely limit a lot of what I'd be able to order and that'll get boring, quickly. However people choose to eat healthy, that's what I'll support. If that is having meals delivered, so be it. I will not belittle them or make them feel as though they're less than me or anyone else. Your tone was not a settling one, so @JohnnyCakesresponse and disgust your comment, I can understand. I may not have reacted that way or even reacted at all, but I can understand his distaste.

I suggested meal service or a personal chef for my mother and her husband, they're always on the go and that service would work best for them. By the time they get home and settled, it's already the early evening and being able to grab a healthy meal from the fridge and being able to heat it up and eat, is great. What works for one, may not work for the other 5.

1 hour ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

like the idea of the services that provide the food and the recipes. I think that is a good way for people to learn cooking skills and new recipes.

I agree, that is the main reason I like Plated. I loved being able to make meals and I actually held onto the recipes and made some of those meals, on my own. I love them!

2 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

When I go to a restaurant my food is cooked to order, and what I don't finish, I do not eat. Pre-cooked and shipped food that isn't fresh doesn't appeal to me.

Cost really isn't the main factor beyond, just paying for something inferior. It is like buying a super charged Dodge Challenger/Charger, when you can get a BMW or a Benz for the same price.

This is the internet, everyone isn't going to agree with you. Don't come here pushing a product or service and expect that everyone is going to jump on board.

i don't expect everyone to "jump on board", or agree with me. however, i DO expect people to make half-way intelligent arguments. an expectation to which you have fallen extremely short.

you think all food served to you in a restaurant is fresh? hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! man, you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

you realize all the food you buy in a grocery store is..... you know.... SHIPPED TO THE STORE, right? sometimes sitting in tractor trailers for a week or more. yet the overnight shipping that Factor 75 uses is just incomprehensible to you?

you think everyone should learn to cook, huh? that's great. in what other ways should everyone else be just like you? really, i'm curious to know.

your arguments are non-sensical, based on false assumptions. move along and stop embarrassing yourself. i have asked for opinions of Factor 75 from people who have tried it. you have clearly demonstrated you have NOT tried it, instead harping on meal delivery services in general.

we get your point. and no one cares. now go away, little girl.

Edited by JohnnyCakes

1 hour ago, heycrystal2052 said:

Your tone was not a settling one, so @JohnnyCakesresponse and disgust your comment, I can understand. I may not have reacted that way or even reacted at all, but I can understand his distaste.

you're a far better person than i. ;):blush:

17 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

you're a far better person than i. ;):blush:

Eh, we must pick and choose our battles and the battle of an ill stated opinion, isn't one for me to take on. In most cases, I stick to that. lol I do, however, have my random exceptions.

Factor 75 saved my butt and my family when I was post op knee surgery and non weight bearing for 8 weeks!!! (Not cooking and not carrying anything) Great food. My husband and I often shared a meal.

On 8/18/2017 at 0:37 AM, CBT said:

Factor 75 saved my butt and my family when I was post op knee surgery and non weight bearing for 8 weeks!!! (Not cooking and not carrying anything) Great food. My husband and I often shared a meal.

great to hear!

i ordered a sampling of meals to get here next week. because while I COOK THE VAST MAJORITY OF MY MEALS AT HOME, there are still a couple nights a week i don't have the time (or energy!). so i'm hoping this will be a good stand-in instead of eating out or ordering in crap food.

great to hear!

i ordered a sampling of meals to get here next week. because while I COOK THE VAST MAJORITY OF MY MEALS AT HOME, there are still a couple nights a week i don't have the time (or energy!). so i'm hoping this will be a good stand-in instead of eating out or ordering in crap food.< /p>

I hope you enjoy the food. I would say a great stand in for what you describe. Fresh and full flavors. Not salty and soggy like some frozen foods can be. And for my purposes, no prep work was a must. My husband was taking care of everyone and working full time. Would have been really easy to eat PBJ and pizza and Chinese. All a slippery slope!!! Hope you report back!